+ Visit Leeds United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Current players - on the max

Utterly baffled to see one person (let alone more than one) saying we should hang on to Costa. He is utterly sh!te and has been consistently so since he arrived. I think I can remember one decent game from him and that's it; that includes the Championship too. Losing him would also be good for the wage bill although I'd be surprised if another club would take him on without dropping his salary by a significant margin. If push came to shove, and I almost can't believe I'm saying this, I would keep Roberts before Costa all day long. Ideally, they should both go. I have hopes that Poveda will come good and Summerville from the U23s looks a good prospect.

Agree with most of the rest other than Dallas who I think can still do a job in several positions.

Think this season has shown how under strength our "Squad" is. I would be loath to let anyone apart from Castiolla go TBH
    Bring in a couple more, bring through a coupke and we will be set
    Just my opinion of course

Quote Originally Posted by ozleeds View Post
    The local team finished second last the season past and what did they do went out recruiting from the championship players like Callum McManaman
    2 players from last season remain and this is where they are at Melbourne Victory
    The Central Coast Mariners logo
    Central Coast Mariners
    9 6 0 3 16 10 6 18
    The Brisbane Roar FC logo
    Brisbane Roar FC
    8 4 2 2 13 8 5 14
    The Macarthur FC logo
    Macarthur FC
    9 4 2 3 13 13 0 14
    The Western Sydney Wanderers FC logo
    Western Sydney Wanderers FC
    8 3 4 1 11 8 3 13
    The Sydney FC logo
    Sydney FC
    6 3 2 1 8 5 3 11
    The Newcastle Jets logo
    Newcastle Jets
    9 3 2 4 8 9 -1 11
    The Adelaide United logo
    Adelaide United
    8 3 1 4 11 16 -5 10
    The Perth Glory logo
    Perth Glory
    5 3 0 2 15 12 3 9
    The Western United FC logo
    Western United FC
    6 2 2 2 12 10 2 8
    The Melbourne City FC logo
    Melbourne City FC
    6 2 0 4 6 10 -4 6
    The Wellington Phoenix logo
    Wellington Phoenix
    7 1 2 4 8 12 -4 5
    The Melbourne Victory logo
    Melbourne Victory
    7 1 1 5 5 13 -8 4

You cant always build a team by buying sometimes it's best to look inside the box. Sure if they don't come up fair enough go outside the box.
    At the risk of getting a mouthful......
    What is that all about? Lists of numbers mean nothing to me????

Quote Originally Posted by ozleeds View Post
    But we have decent enough players Keeper tick Koch tick Phillips tick Bamf tick the core is there we just need the young ones to step up.
    If we are safe bring them in and see what they have as you never know with better players around them they can improve out of sight. I agree with Shak he doesn't offer much why does he keep playing him and not give another a chance. Same goes with Costa Roberts those sort of players we know what they can do which isn't much so like I said when we are safe last 10 games blood some young ones.
    I agree with your assessment of the team but you can't make a great team overnight. If next season we finish and play the same I would be happy with say 4 young ones blended in.
    Anyway, these are our thoughts I doubt the club would listen so we have to wait and see but see the same dribble playing all the time well makes me sick.
    I thought you mean to just sign nobody and play our kids for next two years.

I agree, once we are safe I'd like to see one or two more get a chance in the team particularly likes of Gelhardt, Huggins, Drameh, Summerville and Nohan Kenneh. Just to see if they've got it, I'm particularly keen to see the two full backs in Huggins and Drameh start to get minutes as if those two are capable of stepping up next season when needed then we only need to sign a left back for our defense.

Quote Originally Posted by Tichi1 View Post
    Doesn’t ‘soccer’ come in about 37th in popularity in Aussie behind tiddlywinks and dingo rustling?

😂🤣

Quote Originally Posted by UbiqueLUFC33 View Post
    Utterly baffled to see one person (let alone more than one) saying we should hang on to Costa. He is utterly sh!te and has been consistently so since he arrived. I think I can remember one decent game from him and that's it; that includes the Championship too. Losing him would also be good for the wage bill although I'd be surprised if another club would take him on without dropping his salary by a significant margin. If push came to shove, and I almost can't believe I'm saying this, I would keep Roberts before Costa all day long. Ideally, they should both go. I have hopes that Poveda will come good and Summerville from the U23s looks a good prospect.

Agree with most of the rest other than Dallas who I think can still do a job in several positions.
    Costa has a lot of talent, he just isn't showing it. We were all praising him first 5 games when he was bagging goals and assists. I think his problem is he just doesn't have the desire in him to fight for his place when there is someone ahead of him.

Quote Originally Posted by hopelesslyoptimistic View Post
    Doesn’t ‘soccer’ come in about 37th in popularity in Aussie behind tiddlywinks and dingo rustling?

����
    Kangaroo rogering is also above it.

Quote Originally Posted by joellufcprice View Post
    I thought you mean to just sign nobody and play our kids for next two years.

I agree, once we are safe I'd like to see one or two more get a chance in the team particularly likes of Gelhardt, Huggins, Drameh, Summerville and Nohan Kenneh. Just to see if they've got it, I'm particularly keen to see the two full backs in Huggins and Drameh start to get minutes as if those two are capable of stepping up next season when needed then we only need to sign a left back for our defense.
    Agree on the full backs and think Drameh could be very very good as he progresses. He already looks very comfortable at u23 level and seems to have few if any weaknesses.

Its all a bit greek really

Was making a point of going all out to buying players. My local club here is called Melbourne Victory. Last year we finished second last so they decided to wipe most of the team and go all out recruiting, Only 3 players remained and most of the recruits came from the English championship and league 1 eg McManaman. New-season and that is the table as it currently stands and we are worse than last season.The leader is on 18 points and we are on 4 looking up lol.
    Trying to stress we should be looking within for any gems rather than go all out buying again as we do have a good core of players just need to find 2 or 3 to compliment them.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)