+ Visit Leeds United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Burnley v West Brom

Burnley v West Brom

Alfys boys lucky to not get hammered this second half by the ten men of WB.
    Dean having a nice ciontroversial game again too
    And Pope in the Burnley goal proves he is a real man after getting a boot in the face gets up and off before the guy who booted him! bloody mouth and all...

If Burnley don't lose they are lucky buggers...

Nah finished 0-0 good enough for us, just want our pals from Sheffield to get something tonight

Quote Originally Posted by Tichi1 View Post
    Alfys boys lucky to not get hammered this second half by the ten men of WB.
    Dean having a nice ciontroversial game again too
    And Pope in the Burnley goal proves he is a real man after getting a boot in the face gets up and off before the guy who booted him! bloody mouth and all...

If Burnley don't lose they are lucky buggers...

Nah finished 0-0 good enough for us, just want our pals from Sheffield to get something tonight
    Yes, Big Sam's 10 men really took it to Burnley who didn't seem to have a good plan when going forward. Albion missed a couple of good chances. Burnley on the other hand were woeful. Wonder if Fulham can put some pressure on them.

Tichi,I've watched the Clarets for 65 years now and that must go down as one of our worst performances ever,utterly embarrassing indeed. How on earth WBA didn't win I will never know.. I know we have a lot of injuries but ffs that was disgusting. Dyche and all the players should go and give their heads a wobble..

Having said aid that we should have had a penalty.lol .. Definitely need the Blunts to get something tonight.

That was one very strange game Alf - WBA did you a big favour but you should have had a pen for sure and unlucky at the end when Rodriguez couldn’t connect.

Quote Originally Posted by alfinyalcabo View Post
    Tichi,I've watched the Clarets for 65 years now and that must go down as one of our worst performances ever,utterly embarrassing indeed. How on earth WBA didn't win I will never know.. I know we have a lot of injuries but ffs that was disgusting. Dyche and all the players should go and give their heads a wobble..

Having said aid that we should have had a penalty.lol .. Definitely need the Blunts to get something tonight.
    Fair play Alf, couldn't believe your performance either - especially after the game you played at ER

As soon as I saw Wood and Barnes were out, I picked Furlong for one of my fantasy teams.

Cheers Alf!

What a match to watch, 3 efforts on target between the two of them, they both deserve to go down.

I know Dyche is working on a budget but what even is the point anymore at Burnley? No ambition, no forward thoughts just boring lower table football year after year.

Boring manager who clearly has no ambition to see if he can really do it at the next level mixed with owners who aren't interested in developing the team.

Quote Originally Posted by joellufcprice View Post
    I know Dyche is working on a budget but what even is the point anymore at Burnley? No ambition, no forward thoughts just boring lower table football year after year.

Boring manager who clearly has no ambition to see if he can really do it at the next level mixed with owners who aren't interested in developing the team.
    Strange reply Joel,coming from somebody whose team have been down in the doldrums for many many years.Strange how mid table mediocracy makes deluded Dirty Leeds fans think that they are massive again. Now go away and suck your thumb for another season and let's see what you are like next season.

Watching games like that makes me realise how fortunate we are. I have watched so much football during lockdown, including many Premiership games and a few Championship ones - I even sat through Coventry vs Brentford on Saturday - no idea why.

The truth is that, compared to watching Leeds, the vast majority of matches at the moment are seriously dull. Way too much negative, boring and sterile passing around in their own half with little attacking flair and it's all mind numbingly slow. To my surprise that even includes teams like Liverpool, Scum and Spurs. The only team that is anything like as good to watch as us is Man City who, if we are honest. are much better than we are but that's not surprisng since you could pick 2 players at random from their subs bench who together would have cost more than our entire first team. On a good day Leicester and Villa can also be OK to watch but that really is about it.

What this tells me is to ride the roller coaster and not get too upset about the inevitable blips along the way.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)