+ Visit Leeds United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Burnley v West Brom

Quote Originally Posted by alfinyalcabo View Post
    Strange reply Joel,coming from somebody whose team have been down in the doldrums for many many years.Strange how mid table mediocracy makes deluded Dirty Leeds fans think that they are massive again. Now go away and suck your thumb for another season and let's see what you are like next season.
    Thing is Alf, yes we were in the lower leagues, but there was always an expectation (at the club and amongst the fans) that we would be back where we belong, and so it has come to pass. And in our first season back after such a long time, I suspect even the most ardent Leeds fan wouldn't expect us to be challenging for places in Europe next season (even though we're not far off).

Don't think Joels post is at all strange. He makes the fair point that Bumley have been middling PL-fodder for years, despite (or because of) various ownership changes, etc. Also that Dyche gets given next to f00k all to spend on doing something more than finishing mid-table year after year (although maybe there is a plan to get relegated and use parachute payments to get new stock into the playing squad?)

Quote Originally Posted by UbiqueLUFC33 View Post
    Watching games like that makes me realise how fortunate we are. I have watched so much football during lockdown, including many Premiership games and a few Championship ones - I even sat through Coventry vs Brentford on Saturday - no idea why.

The truth is that, compared to watching Leeds, the vast majority of matches at the moment are seriously dull. Way too much negative, boring and sterile passing around in their own half with little attacking flair and it's all mind numbingly slow. To my surprise that even includes teams like Liverpool, Scum and Spurs. The only team that is anything like as good to watch as us is Man City who, if we are honest. are much better than we are but that's not surprisng since you could pick 2 players at random from their subs bench who together would have cost more than our entire first team. On a good day Leicester and Villa can also be OK to watch but that really is about it.

What this tells me is to ride the roller coaster and not get too upset about the inevitable blips along the way.
    Watched City v Arsenal, OMG what a borefest!

Alf - think you have a core of some decent players - I don’t think there is a set formula to be okay in this league and certainly it is easy to spend millions like City or Chelsea but it’s not the only way.

I think the problem is Dyche seems to like one way of playing and older players and the game seems to be drifting in another direction to that.

I also think not having fans doesn’t help teams where they are not top 6 quality but where the fans can lift the players and help close the gap.

Can’t see you going down - Newcastle seem the most likely to replace someone in the bottom 3.

Maybe more teams should look at Brentford and Leicester who buy players build them up and sell for huge profits but manage to keep the conveyor belt going.

Strange reply Joel,coming from somebody whose team have been down in the doldrums for many many years.Strange how mid table mediocracy makes deluded Dirty Leeds fans think that they are massive again. Now go away and suck your thumb for another season and let's see what you are like next season.
    I've said it for a few season lol. I just don't see the ambition, I'd rather be a yoyo team than just sit in midtable PL for 20 years achieving nothing. Don't see the point.

Agrerer Joel,, West Brom a case in point - and now Norwich - Great season winning everything, **** season losing every game, great season challengin for the tiltle, **** season losing to everybody again...but at least some excitement for the fans to appreciate

Quote Originally Posted by WTF11 View Post
    Thing is Alf, yes we were in the lower leagues, but there was always an expectation (at the club and amongst the fans) that we would be back where we belong, and so it has come to pass. And in our first season back after such a long time, I suspect even the most ardent Leeds fan wouldn't expect us to be challenging for places in Europe next season (even though we're not far off).

Don't think Joels post is at all strange. He makes the fair point that Bumley have been middling PL-fodder for years, despite (or because of) various ownership changes, etc. Also that Dyche gets given next to f00k all to spend on doing something more than finishing mid-table year after year (although maybe there is a plan to get relegated and use parachute payments to get new stock into the playing squad?)
    WTF...I should imagine Leeds will go on to become an established premier league club if they are run properly as they have all the credentials to do that. I actually like the way they are playing ,they are good to watch.. Bielsa must be doing something right..

After our stupid takeover and sell out to the Yankees there is even less money for players so I f we are relegated(don't think we will be) the parachute payments will go,yo pay of the 90 million debt the Yanks have put us in.. Dyche will be away next season.

Quote Originally Posted by joellufcprice View Post
    I've said it for a few season lol. I just don't see the ambition, I'd rather be a yoyo team than just sit in midtable PL for 20 years achieving nothing. Don't see the point.
    There is no ambition whatsoever Joel ,it's all about survival and staying in the premier league .. Make no mistake these Yankee owners will bleed us dry there will be no investment in players whatsoever. It's a downward spiral from now on.

Quote Originally Posted by hopelesslyoptimistic View Post
    Alf - think you have a core of some decent players - I don’t think there is a set formula to be okay in this league and certainly it is easy to spend millions like City or Chelsea but it’s not the only way.

I think the problem is Dyche seems to like one way of playing and older players and the game seems to be drifting in another direction to that.

I also think not having fans doesn’t help teams where they are not top 6 quality but where the fans can lift the players and help close the gap.

Can’t see you going down - Newcastle seem the most likely to replace someone in the bottom 3.

Maybe more teams should look at Brentford and Leicester who buy players build them up and sell for huge profits but manage to keep the conveyor belt going.
    We have quite a lot of injuries at the moment H , which isn't helping. God help us if Tarks and Mee get injured. Tarks will be away in the summer anyway..

Yo Alf, West Brom havent won away at ours in abaart 70 years. It just shows dunt it, they simply can not win away at a team called Burnsley.

There is no ambition whatsoever Joel ,it's all about survival and staying in the premier league .. Make no mistake these Yankee owners will bleed us dry there will be no investment in players whatsoever. It's a downward spiral from now on.
    But why did they acquire the clubb if that's what they're intending, seems counter productive (bit like Brum I guess).

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)