+ Visit Barnsley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Where's This Going ?

Quote Originally Posted by animallittle3 View Post
    We are living in unprecedented times and the Championship is more mental this season than I can remember .

Do I think we are good enough for the top 6 ? , absolutely not .

That's not to say we can't give it a good go though does it .
    Top 6 definitely. but when we get there we need to throw the play offs, and start again. They can keep the PL for me. Too much damage to,a club like ours.
    No thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by SBRed48 View Post
    Having reflected on this appalling post I have come to the conclusion that this board has changed beyond recognition from the one I joined a decade ago. The days of Ruthyn, Kazzie etc are long gone, the humour and the lack of points scoring.
    I wish all good luck and good health in the future.
    You’ve dragged it down yourself unfortunately. It’s a crying shame, you have some valid points with your agenda against the way the club is managed and owned, most on here agree with most of them!. but your constant refusal to show a slightest acknowledgment of the improvement made by the players and the results achieved is grinding.
    YOUR HUMOUR.........twinned and foiled with Roma’s has had me laughing myself to sleep some nights........ so where has it gone SB.....? Perhaps you can find your humour again and still keep your principles, so you can keep posting, and we can go to bed laughing again.

Quote Originally Posted by Jules88 View Post
    Top 6 definitely. but when we get there we need to throw the play offs, and start again. They can keep the PL for me. Too much damage to,a club like ours.
    No thanks.
    We might get a point out of the next two home games Jules and it puts the thing to bed altogether .

The PL can kill you there's little doubt about that as it nearly killed us two decades ago .

It doesn't have to be so though if you take a long term view and stick to your principles , don't spend stupid money on players and wages .

If by some miracle we did go up this season I'd be totally in favour of giving these lads a crack at the PL and keep the money in the bank .

Quote Originally Posted by SBRed48 View Post
    Having reflected on this appalling post I have come to the conclusion that this board has changed beyond recognition from the one I joined a decade ago. The days of Ruthyn, Kazzie etc are long gone, the humour and the lack of points scoring.
    I wish all good luck and good health in the future.
    A thowt it wo funny that galloping hooves quip a med earlier abart us challenging top 6. Tongue in cheek humour. Tha said thuz no humour ennymooar on this board and tha may well evva point. Then ageeun, if thy adamant on pointing art negatives mooast ot time then the int much to smile abart or post in reply humour wise with all due respect. Not ivrybody shares same sense o humour or indeed opinions. A can assure thuz no points scoring from me SB. Am not like that.

From an independent perspective and with respect SB a looked at thi reaction when that Rotherham lad (Casper Frank?) posted t'other week and thi reply weren't summat ad ev ed thee darn fo a few year agu.

I hope tha carries on posting mi owd. Av always enjoyed thi posts that are laced with intelligence and dry humour. If not, ittull be a shame so al seh all the best and good health sir.

A dunt think this Covid is helping nubdi , av allus gorron wi SB , nowt rong wi blowk , wiss hopefully all bi laikin art togetha ageeun soowin , amoff forra bit missen nar back int Big House fo another Op , take care all Forza di Reds
    and be nice ! It dunt cost owt

Quote Originally Posted by Romared View Post
    A dunt think this Covid is helping nubdi , av allus gorron wi SB , nowt rong wi blowk , wiss hopefully all bi laikin art togetha ageeun soowin , amoff forra bit missen nar back int Big House fo another Op , take care all Forza di Reds
    All the best Roma, hope it all guz well mate

Quote Originally Posted by Romared View Post
    All the best Roma with your health and I completely agree this Covid ain't doing any of us any favours .

I've met SB and he is a lovely bloke and I enjoyed our chat that day and enjoyed his contribution to this board for many a long year .

This isn't something I want to see at all but I speak as I see it .

Jules and Pass have hit the nail on the head , we all agree with SB on the ownership and what they are .

The lads on the field and HC are doing this club and town proud right now in these difficult times and I think that's the part that escapes SB .

Its a shame it's come to this .

He's inadvertently let those feckers that own this club get the top side of him .

It's a shame .

All the best Roma with your health and I completely agree this Covid ain't doing any of us any favours .

I've met SB and he is a lovely bloke and I enjoyed our chat that day and enjoyed his contribution to this board for many a long year .

This isn't something I want to see at all but I speak as I see it .

Jules and Pass have hit the nail on the head , we all agree with SB on the ownership and what they are .

The lads on the field and HC are doing this club and town proud right now in these difficult times and I think that's the part that escapes SB .

Its a shame it's come to this .

He's inadvertently let those feckers that own this club get the top side of him .

It's a shame .
    Surely animal if the board get flack when the team aren't doing well don't they deserve your praise when things turn around with the same board.?A lot of things this board have been accused of hasn't happened.They held there nerve,the last 2 or 3 transfer windows have gone as we all wanted.By all means criticise on things that they have done wrong but give them the praise they deserve for the things they've done right.

We are living in unprecedented times and the Championship is more mental this season than I can remember .

Do I think we are good enough for the top 6 ? , absolutely not .

That's not to say we can't give it a good go though does it .

One thing that can be said with certainty Animal is that this team will give everything they’ve got.

What we all know is just how quickly things can dramatically change. In just seven days it could be 9 points gained or 9 points dropped.

Five points to safety let’s all enjoy the ride.
    Last edited by POGGYWELL; 20-02-2021 at 09:04 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by bill46 View Post
    Surely animal if the board get flack when the team aren't doing well don't they deserve your praise when things turn around with the same board.?A lot of things this board have been accused of hasn't happened.They held there nerve,the last 2 or 3 transfer windows have gone as we all wanted.By all means criticise on things that they have done wrong but give them the praise they deserve for the things they've done right.
    Well I think I have Bill with all due respect , I posted recently that more seems to have been spent in both transfer windows than what's come in .

I've also commented on the recruitment of the last three HC's who have all made a significant contribution to where we sit today .

I've praised the fact that the model has given us stability as a club , a style of play and an identity and I also find Dane Murphy a very engaging CEO .

There's some very good things at the club , at the moment .

I have a trust issue with the owners , simple as that .

Their motives aren't about the progression of this club , they are about making a profit out of the club .

The stadium dispute concerns me , absolutely nobody with this club's best intentions would ever threaten to take the club away from the town .

You just wouldn't .

If you want my honest assessment right now I think this club could be on the verge of something very special .

A 8th or 9th place finish is extremely achievable and it would make an enormous amount of sense to make a financial investment in to the club to have a real go next season .

This isn't bankrolling , this is an investment to the business that grows the club and takes it to a another level , a massive level .

A level where everyone wins .

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast