+ Visit Barnsley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Where's This Going ?

Just to add Bill .

The kind of investment that keeps everyone here next season .

I'd look to bring Connor Hourihane back here too and makes us better in possession , Swansea have him on loan right now so he's Championship available .

Go and get a top notch goalkeeper , the one who gets you 15 points a season , the lad Heaton would do just fine who is at Burnley .

We need a pure championship goalscorer , the lad Armstrong would more than fit the bill .

This isn't unachievable with some decent investment in to the business .

It sounds pie in the sky doesn't it .

Well owned by billionaires was pie in the sky not too long ago but it's a solid fact today .

Seize the moment .

I’ll say this animal. If the owners start putting their money into the club, they can have some of mine.

The difficulty in assessing that is none of us know what their intentions are. We all suspect it’s for profit but none of us know just what they plan to achieve that ambition. Would I put anything past them? No No No!

I am very happy with our current position but this team is just a couple of outgoing transfers away from a huge step backwards as well as a huge one forward.

On the positive side, just recently our incoming recruitment has been good. Who expected this from Morris? And Dike is looking better and better.

Who knows where this will take us, I suspect that ‘our’ legs will tire before the season ends and we will fade a little. It doesn’t look like this just now but that’s my feeling.

Owt could happen and if we do make the playoffs, that would be some achievement by the staff and players.

I’m excited by the 16 game challenge we have in front of us. Good luck and we’ll done to the staff, jury out on ownership though.

Quote Originally Posted by animallittle3 View Post
    Just to add Bill .

The kind of investment that keeps everyone here next season .

I'd look to bring Connor Hourihane back here too and makes us better in possession , Swansea have him on loan right now so he's Championship available .

Go and get a top notch goalkeeper , the one who gets you 15 points a season , the lad Heaton would do just fine who is at Burnley .

We need a pure championship goalscorer , the lad Armstrong would more than fit the bill .

This isn't unachievable with some decent investment in to the business .

It sounds pie in the sky doesn't it .

Well owned by billionaires was pie in the sky not too long ago but it's a solid fact today .

Seize the moment .
    I agree with investment but I don't want to see the club spend more than whats sustainable.I know you only mention players of that ilk but they would for example cost the club around 40 million plus wages on top.I don't think thats going to happen any time soon.You've seen whats happened at S6 ,I don't want that to happen to us.Year to year improvement would be enough for me and if that ever leads to the promised land then its a totally different ball game.

Quote Originally Posted by EthelRed View Post
    I’ll say this animal. If the owners start putting their money into the club, they can have some of mine.

The difficulty in assessing that is none of us know what their intentions are. We all suspect it’s for profit but none of us know just what they plan to achieve that ambition. Would I put anything past them? No No No!

I am very happy with our current position but this team is just a couple of outgoing transfers away from a huge step backwards as well as a huge one forward.

On the positive side, just recently our incoming recruitment has been good. Who expected this from Morris? And Dike is looking better and better.

Who knows where this will take us, I suspect that ‘our’ legs will tire before the season ends and we will fade a little. It doesn’t look like this just now but that’s my feeling.

Owt could happen and if we do make the playoffs, that would be some achievement by the staff and players.

I’m excited by the 16 game challenge we have in front of us. Good luck and we’ll done to the staff, jury out on ownership though.
    Ethel

The club's in a position today on a handful of absolutely nothing .

My personal view is that this current position shouldn't be counted as a one off and it should be built on .

Lady luck was with us last season and even Fergie needed Mark Robins in 1990 and an FA cup tie at Nottingham Forest to build what he did at Man Utd .

My eyes are more focused towards next season and the opportunity it presents .

Do the ownership actually see the possibilities right under their noses ?

I made up my mind months ago that if they are to see a profit on this club then that's fine just as long as they take us on that journey too .

We are possibly two quality players away from having a right go at this next season .

We've never had owners with this kind of financial clout .

I sense an opportunity and a time to invest .

If it doesn't happen then we all lose .

Which would be a shame , to say the least .

Quote Originally Posted by bill46 View Post
    I agree with investment but I don't want to see the club spend more than whats sustainable.I know you only mention players of that ilk but they would for example cost the club around 40 million plus wages on top.I don't think thats going to happen any time soon.You've seen whats happened at S6 ,I don't want that to happen to us.Year to year improvement would be enough for me and if that ever leads to the promised land then its a totally different ball game.
    Armstrong , Hourihane and Heaton wouldn't cost the owners anywhere near £40m in my opinion Bill .

You'd get the three for less than £15m which when you think of the prize of a single PL season is absolutely nothing .

Of course it's a gamble but since when was the business of football not a risk and reward industry ? .

I'm trying to ensure we all win Bill under this ownership .

It's not very often doors open for this club at this level and it would be a crying shame not to recognise the opportunity that's opened up .

I hate the owners and what they stand for! Personally I think they have been extremely lucky with some of the purchases we have made.
    However we are doing extremely well so they must be doing something right?
    I still think there is a big fall coming soon due to the stadium issue and I wouldn’t put it past this lot to wind the club up if they don’t get their own way?

Quote Originally Posted by animallittle3 View Post
    Armstrong , Hourihane and Heaton wouldn't cost the owners anywhere near £40m in my opinion Bill .

You'd get the three for less than £15m which when you think of the prize of a single PL season is absolutely nothing .

Of course it's a gamble but since when was the business of football not a risk and reward industry ? .

I'm trying to ensure we all win Bill under this ownership .

It's not very often doors open for this club at this level and it would be a crying shame not to recognise the opportunity that's opened up .
    It can be done without huge detriment to finances - the loan market, at least you can give them back! Stoke did it a while back , we should’ve done it in 2017

Quote Originally Posted by renno View Post
    It can be done without huge detriment to finances - the loan market, at least you can give them back! Stoke did it a while back , we should’ve done it in 2017
    It's an extremely good point Renno .

The Harvey Elliott's , the Harry Wilson's that do cost over a season but don't carry a two or three year commitment either .

Good point .

Quote Originally Posted by perkytyke View Post
    I hate the owners and what they stand for! Personally I think they have been extremely lucky with some of the purchases we have made.
    However we are doing extremely well so they must be doing something right?
    I still think there is a big fall coming soon due to the stadium issue and I wouldn’t put it past this lot to wind the club up if they don’t get their own way?
    Hating what the owners stand for ???
    I don’t understand that - please elaborate more.

The owners have explained how they want to progress the club.
    They identify young talent - develop the player - and as the young players get better the team progresses - and then when the time is right and the price is right they will sell a player on.

I can’t see anything wrong in that.

The owners aren’t lucky at recruiting - they are brilliant at it. And have been for years now.
    I’ve posted earlier that we are currently lacking that bit of magic from a player like Hammill or Hignett.
    A player that can unlock stubborn defences like Bristol.
    But that player may already be at the club - they just haven’t gained enough experience yet to break into the first team.

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast