+ Visit Barnsley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567

Thread: Where's This Going ?

Quote Originally Posted by animallittle3 View Post
    So moving the club to Lancashire or recently Rotherham isn't a threat Bill .

What is it then ?
    animal for some reason you're mixing my words.I said "I" meaning "I" personally didn't take it as a threat.As for your previous reply I never said anything about throwing 100m at it.I think as Romared said maybe iots time for a truce on this subject.I'm obviously quite satisfied the way the club is going and some aren't and thats fair enough.

Quote Originally Posted by animallittle3 View Post
    Nudge

Nothing crazy isn't a strategy and neither does it tell me what the ambitions are for the club .

Your also not taking in to account that our players may want to move for more money or simply to a club they feel has more ambition , whilst they give this club everything on the park they are also playing for themselves too so whilst the club may well want to keep them here the players may have other ideas .

As Pass says we could easily lose four or five players in the summer , it's happened before and it's a massive task to rebuild from that position as Daniel Stendel found out .

The club would then go back to where it was 12 months ago most likely with Val in despair .

Another thing to consider is the growing list of clubs who are using this strategy now , the new Sunderland owners just announced that's the way they are now going to operate .

It will obviously be more difficult to recruit the type of players we do if there is more competition for their signatures .

The team could quite easily be unrecognisable from the one we see today on the opening day of next season .

Unless the ownership are prepared to engage with the fans on what their ambition are then I'm afraid I fall short of high fiving Conway and co .
    Well I thought I whittled a lot.
    But bleeding hell - tha wurs than me.

If players want to leave then let them.
    But they won’t be given away now like they used to be under Patrick.
    Plus ...... people seem to think that these owners were in charge in the January 2017 window.
    They weren’t !!!
    The days of fire sales when 8 players were put up for sale are long gone.
    Those days went when Patrick sold the club.
    That’s not to say players won’t be sold if the right price comes in.
    Remember - EVERY CLUB is a selling club.
    We are no different.

Our fans should start and look at what these owners have done in the short time they have been here.
    OK - they are not one of our own like Patrick was.
    But ...... we couldn’t have wished for better owners as these.
    And again it’s something we should be thankful to Patrick for ...... passing the torch on to a group of directors with the capacity to take the club forward.

Yes - there is the ground disagreement.
    But us fans should not judge on that because none of us know exactly the facts behind the disagreement.

I think some are getting way too giddy about the owners turning offers down for our players. There was very little money getting spent due to the pandemic, if decent offers would have come in they’d have snapped them up.

Quote Originally Posted by bill46 View Post
    You've added a few caveats to me what I've not even said.I've never said "well we've at least got a club to support"I like most supporters want the club to progress but the way i want it to succeed is by standing on its own 2 feet.The days of grocers,butchers and corner shop owners are gone.I reckon around 80% of clubs are now owned by consortiums and large corperate companies.In my opinion the club can succeed but it might take longer than some are prepared to wait.I've more faith in our owners policy than others who shove 50-100 million but when things go wrong its the club and its supporters who pay the price.The owners like any other owners don't want to lose money so your right. The alternative to losing money is to make money and I don't see that as a problem.
    Looking at our t6ransfer dealings since they took over I can't see where they've made a penny yet indeed due to the pandemic they;ve most likely had to top up the budget.We've invested in the squad and turned down offers for our biggest assets(and earners) in Woodrow and Mowett,thats 2 things that some doubters thought wouldn't happen and beat the club up for but they kept to there word and supported there manager.I would imagine turning 0ver a million pound down when theres no incomings would have tested a lot of other clubs.Anyway in a nutshell these are good and interesting times to be a Barnsley fan and long may it continue.
    I bet they haven’t topped up the budget with a penny of their own money

Quote Originally Posted by Young_Nudger View Post
    Well I thought I whittled a lot.
    But bleeding hell - tha wurs than me.

If players want to leave then let them.
    But they won’t be given away now like they used to be under Patrick.
    Plus ...... people seem to think that these owners were in charge in the January 2017 window.
    They weren’t !!!
    The days of fire sales when 8 players were put up for sale are long gone.
    Those days went when Patrick sold the club.
    That’s not to say players won’t be sold if the right price comes in.
    Remember - EVERY CLUB is a selling club.
    We are no different.

Our fans should start and look at what these owners have done in the short time they have been here.
    OK - they are not one of our own like Patrick was.
    But ...... we couldn’t have wished for better owners as these.
    And again it’s something we should be thankful to Patrick for ...... passing the torch on to a group of directors with the capacity to take the club forward.

Yes - there is the ground disagreement.
    But us fans should not judge on that because none of us know exactly the facts behind the disagreement.
    When the club is valued at around £50m then I'll consider the owners have done a good job here and will give them the praise .

The owner at Brentford has them today valued at £74m that's despite not having played in the PL .

That's my only yardstick now and I feel it's a credible way to judge them because they will have added very good value to the club and obviously would have grown it .

The clubs currently valued at £19m .

Which is why our lot tried to buy Brentford first..........
    Things look good at the moment and we are definately heading in the right direction, personally I think COVID and no fans has helped us massively, I also think we have been extremely lucky in the transfer market.
    However I still think we are heading for a massive fall? Don't ask me why because I couldn't give you a definitive answer, the only thing I can say is I don't trust this lot one bit, the ground issue bothers me greatly as well as them buying a club in every country and I still think when the price is right they will flog the team to line their own pockets rather than building on what we have achieved thus far.

Quote Originally Posted by EastStandRed View Post
    I think some are getting way too giddy about the owners turning offers down for our players. There was very little money getting spent due to the pandemic, if decent offers would have come in they’d have snapped them up.
    My sentiments exactly ESR.

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567