+ Visit West Bromwich Albion FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Aajayi's red card

Quote Originally Posted by billsbest View Post
    I think Ajayi was probably a sending off but we got away with one with the Bartley handball.
    You are correct on both counts but with all the issues that have gone against us this season I think that we deserved to get away with the Bartley handball.

I've just read that Sean Dyche wasn't convinced that his side should have been awarded a penalty against us. He thinks that the ball may have come off Bartley's thigh before hitting his hand thus nullifying the decision to give handball. How many managers would have said that? Most would have been bemoaning their luck. This is typical of the man though, always fair and honest in his opinions.

I thought that it was a stupid thing to do by Ajayi but how can anyone believe that it was a goalscoring opportunity being 50 yards from the goal. Someone running 50 yards with the ball is not as quick as someone running that same distance without a ball(with the exception of Sawyers of course!). Also Johnstone could have moved to the edge of his area by the time Vydra got there making it more difficult to score.

In a non-VAR World that is never going to be a red card, much too far from goal. At least next season, we won’t be afflicted by the wretched VAR, unless they bring it in for the Championship; they wouldn’t, would they?

Quote Originally Posted by billsbest View Post
    I think Ajayi was probably a sending off but we got away with one with the Bartley handball.
    But despite all that you where the better team with the better chances and on another day would have won, you looked better when you where down to 10 men TBH, Just didn't like fat Sam bleating about you deserving the points .... it doesn't and never has worked like that.

Quote Originally Posted by Tichi1 View Post
    But despite all that you where the better team with the better chances and on another day would have won, you looked better when you where down to 10 men TBH, Just didn't like fat Sam bleating about you deserving the points .... it doesn't and never has worked like that.
    You are quite correct, we were the better side, we were better when we went down to ten men, we should have won the game but we didn't. The only reason was that we missed two or three gilt edged chances that should have been scored. That really sums up it all up I'm afraid.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)