+ Visit West Bromwich Albion FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Aajayi's red card

Aajayi's red card

Is that an automatic 3 game ban?

We can only hope.

I would imagine so as it was a straight red. It was the correct decision and can't grumble. O'Shea did well when he came on but he won't be facing such easy opposition in the coming matches.

It will be a 1 game ban for denying a goal scoring opportunity like a professional foul.

What is it with Mike Dean, he just can’t wait to brandish the red card, can he. That should never have been a straight red, too far from goal and defender still on his feet, easily able to challenge for the ball before the attacker got too close to goal. Also, from the replay that I saw, could anybody say that he deliberately handled, did it actually touch his hand? Whatever, another bad decision by Dreadful Dean.

To be honest to the letter of the law Dean was probably right ..... it looked deliberate to me ..... but it was almost on the half way line ... maybe the guy would have raced clear and scored .... but a lot could happen ..... compare the incident in second half where M-N was clear through on the left ....Burnley player deliberately takes him out .... yellow ..... technically Dean may have been correct .... but seemed harsh and only 30 mins into the game .....

Quote Originally Posted by kettering_baggie View Post
    What is it with Mike Dean, he just can’t wait to brandish the red card, can he. That should never have been a straight red, too far from goal and defender still on his feet, easily able to challenge for the ball before the attacker got too close to goal. Also, from the replay that I saw, could anybody say that he deliberately handled, did it actually touch his hand? Whatever, another bad decision by Dreadful Dean.
    It certainly didn’t look intentional. The ball was bouncing around badly in the wind too. Rodriguez header toward goal ended up as a throw in. Awful weather.

I thought it was probably intentional, but so far from the goal that it shouldn't have been a red. I get a bit sick of the majority of decisions going against us being soft. I can't think of many decisions that should have gone against us that haven't

Feel sorry for Ajayi. If he hadn't have done that, we were probably 1 down. Dreadful pass from Gallagher... but Ajayi should never have been in a 1 on 1 position there. Look at it again and the positioning of Bartley, lack of tracking back and lack of awareness. He completely missed Vydra's run. Bartley's been great lately, but coupled with the penalty appeal we really got away with, he could have cost us 2 goals today.

I think Ajayi was probably a sending off but we got away with one with the Bartley handball.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)