+ Visit Burnley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: You can't beat this for true love

Quote Originally Posted by alfinyalcabo View Post
    Yes,the away days were better than the home games most times..
    The support and singing definitely was and the prematch pints too in pubs awash in claret and blue.

Quote Originally Posted by kritichris View Post
    The support and singing definitely was and the prematch pints too in pubs awash in claret and blue.
    I have always said I prefer to watch the Clarets away from home. We have some proper mental supporters who just go to have a great day and we usually do.

Right or wrong, we expect to win when playing at the Turf and that expectation can be upset very easily.

Any draw or win on the road is a bonus and always makes for a great journey home. We have also got into the habit of crowding into a pre-nominated Wetherspoons and the craic is usually tremendous.

August cannot come soon enough for me.

Quote Originally Posted by The Bedlington Terrier View Post
    Can't agree with you on this mate because the risk of not making it back first time is much too great. We need to gear up properly with a full 25 man squad of EPL quality players and not being in a position where we are filling the bench with kids and two goalkeepers. That is embarrassing.
    Hardly kids BT.Benson 21 years old, Mumbongo 23 years old, Dunne 22 years old.I was under the impression anybody over 18 years old is considered an adult.
    When do you think they will be grown up and good enough for the first team 25-28-30 years old?
    Be honest,if they have not made the grade yet then it is highly unlikely they ever will.Truth and reality hurts but sometimes it is necessary.

Quote Originally Posted by ClaretinBudapest View Post
    Hardly kids BT.Benson 21 years old, Mumbongo 23 years old, Dunne 22 years old.I was under the impression anybody over 18 years old is considered an adult.
    When do you think they will be grown up and good enough for the first team 25-28-30 years old?
    Be honest,if they have not made the grade yet then it is highly unlikely they ever will.Truth and reality hurts but sometimes it is necessary.
    I think we need to really understand the mindset of player development CiB and frankly I'm not a professional in player development, so all I can realistically do is have a stab at guessing at the model the club uses.

I keep hearing about our squad being the wrong side of thirty, but surely this is the time a fully fit, experienced professional is at the peak of his career?

Graham Alexander played about 60 consecutive games for us when Coyle got us promoted and we hit the semi-finals of the League Cup in the same season and he was 38!

I see no reason to rush a young professional's career, even the likes of Mason Greenwood are being eased in to the first team slowly.

I can only advocate patience and hope after another season or two the likes of Benson, Glennon, Mumbongo and Jimmy Dunne can become genuine EPL players and boost our squad and our club.

If they are good enough they will make it, if they are not, they won't.

Quote Originally Posted by The Bedlington Terrier View Post
    I think we need to really understand the mindset of player development CiB and frankly I'm not a professional in player development, so all I can realistically do is have a stab at guessing at the model the club uses.

I keep hearing about our squad being the wrong side of thirty, but surely this is the time a fully fit, experienced professional is at the peak of his career?

Graham Alexander played about 60 consecutive games for us when Coyle got us promoted and we hit the semi-finals of the League Cup in the same season and he was 38!

I see no reason to rush a young professional's career, even the likes of Mason Greenwood are being eased in to the first team slowly.

I can only advocate patience and hope after another season or two the likes of Benson, Glennon, Mumbongo and Jimmy Dunne can become genuine EPL players and boost our squad and our club.

If they are good enough they will make it, if they are not, they won't.
    I fear that the only reason some of those are still with the club is that we need to field SOME players on game day.

Like two goalkeepers as subs for the First 11.

Personally I have grave reservations about the lad that is a sub and comes on in the forward line.

His stats look good in the Development squad but I I see a slow, non flexible, person irrespective of whether he needs more game nous.

Sadly he looks completely out of his depth although I once advocated to give him more game time during our squad injury decimation period.

Liked the other lad who played a few games for the first team in midfield.

Quote Originally Posted by blueheeler1 View Post
    I fear that the only reason some of those are still with the club is that we need to field SOME players on game day.

Like two goalkeepers as subs for the First 11.

Personally I have grave reservations about the lad that is a sub and comes on in the forward line.

His stats look good in the Development squad but I I see a slow, non flexible, person irrespective of whether he needs more game nous.

Sadly he looks completely out of his depth although I once advocated to give him more game time during our squad injury decimation period.

Liked the other lad who played a few games for the first team in midfield.
    Sean Dyche must either see something in these lads or because of a lack of spending on squad strengthening he has no other options.

Sadly, I must conclude it is the latter.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)