+ Visit Burnley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: You can't beat this for true love

You can't beat this for true love

You can keep Valentine's Day with its cards and flowers.

True love is in action not words.

My wife sat up with me to watch live Burnley Vs WBA which, when your are in Western Australia, means sitting up between 11-pm and 1.0 am.

Admittedly during the game she often when to her phone to look at random Facebook posts from random people.

During the game I started to wish that I had any friends on Facebook, or even Followers, that might keep me amused during this torturous game.

I felt I had to apologies to my wife for the game and praise her stickability.

She hardly heard me as Facebook had most of her attention, which in this case was good.

I had previously watched a bit of Coventry Vs Brentford and realized that Burnley could not possibly compete at that level when we are relegated.

Yes, the game against Crystal Palace was a good game for Burnley and a good one to watch.

But I think one good game in 20 odd isn't quite enough.

On a positive note we didn't lose against WBA (although we should have) and proved that we are extremely sympathetic to the other team when they have a man is sent off.

And play like that accordingly.

We are now very much in the relegation mix and whilst that provides it own excitement it is not one I shall encourage my wife to share with me any time soon.

Bless!

Well at least you wouldn't have got overly excited so you should have slept well after the match.

Now that's what I call stickability

good of her to keep you company, no doubt heeler - but it seems she was more interested in her little screen than the big one - am glad of that....there was no reason for you both to suffer the torture of that abomination.

this was me.

Mrs Norder helped me clean it up - but I've got to buy her a new rug and for future games she's moved a portable tv into the shed, with a bucket.

"..............But I think one good game in 20 odd isn't quite enough.............."

In the past 20 matches we have picked up 27 points, including wins at Arsenal and Liverpool, perhaps you are being a little unkind to lads who give it 100% every game but, like yesterday, do throw in the odd non-event and yet came away with a point.

Quote Originally Posted by Supersub6 View Post
    "..............But I think one good game in 20 odd isn't quite enough.............."

In the past 20 matches we have picked up 27 points, including wins at Arsenal and Liverpool, perhaps you are being a little unkind to lads who give it 100% every game but, like yesterday, do throw in the odd non-event and yet came away with a point.
    It's a good point you raise but for me the Crystal Palace game was a joy to watch which we bossed for long periods and had shots on goal and scored three.

Whilst I do not wish to dampen the enthusiasm that we all share following wins against the teams you mention it was a quantum leap to see Burnley playing attractive open football compared to the usual backs-against-the-wall thin red line approach.

It was nice and it was rare.

Quote Originally Posted by blueheeler1 View Post
    It's a good point you raise but for me the Crystal Palace game was a joy to watch which we bossed for long periods and had shots on goal and scored three.

Whilst I do not wish to dampen the enthusiasm that we all share following wins against the teams you mention it was a quantum leap to see Burnley playing attractive open football compared to the usual backs-against-the-wall thin red line approach.

Fair enough, however, nobody said that being a Burnley fan would be an easy ride and that is and always has been the case
    We are were we are because we get results. In our first season in the PL, 2009/10, we won 8 matches and then, in 2014/15 we won 7 matches. In the two seasons we managed to get points in 33 matches from the 76 played --this is 43% of which 20% were victories.

Since our promotion back to the PL in 2016/7 we have played 177 matches and got points in 100 of them ---this is 56% and we have won 58 matches which is almost 33%.
    We are set up to get results with the resources which we have and we do OK and I appreciate that this is perhaps not what a lot of fans want to watch, however, it is as it is.

I always think of Stoke, who got promotion to the PL after 32 seasons in tiers 2 and 3 and became established as a mid table PL side playing in a similar way to the Clarets. After 5 seasons the fans wanted something better and they appointed Mark Hughes, who changed the way that they played with the result that they finished in 9th place for three consecutive seasons, however, they then dropped to 13th the next season and this was followed by relegation the following season when they finished 19th, this was their 10th season in the PL and they are now striving to get back in this their 3rd season in the Championship and ----they are backed by a very wealthy owner!

Just keep supporting, there will be good days, bad days and what was that? days ---it's Burnley FC. Have fun donw under ===great place.

Quote Originally Posted by Supersub6 View Post
    Fair enough, however, nobody said that being a Burnley fan would be an easy ride and that is and always has been the case
    We are were we are because we get results. In our first season in the PL, 2009/10, we won 8 matches and then, in 2014/15 we won 7 matches. In the two seasons we managed to get points in 33 matches from the 76 played --this is 43% of which 20% were victories.

Since our promotion back to the PL in 2016/7 we have played 177 matches and got points in 100 of them ---this is 56% and we have won 58 matches which is almost 33%.
    We are set up to get results with the resources which we have and we do OK and I appreciate that this is perhaps not what a lot of fans want to watch, however, it is as it is.

I always think of Stoke, who got promotion to the PL after 32 seasons in tiers 2 and 3 and became established as a mid table PL side playing in a similar way to the Clarets. After 5 seasons the fans wanted something better and they appointed Mark Hughes, who changed the way that they played with the result that they finished in 9th place for three consecutive seasons, however, they then dropped to 13th the next season and this was followed by relegation the following season when they finished 19th, this was their 10th season in the PL and they are now striving to get back in this their 3rd season in the Championship and ----they are backed by a very wealthy owner!

Just keep supporting, there will be good days, bad days and what was that? days ---it's Burnley FC. Have fun donw under ===great place.
    Exactly Sub, I can only agree, the cliches say it all. It is what it is, be careful what you wish for, better keep a hold of nurse, for fear of finding aomething worse etc. etc.

Quote Originally Posted by blueheeler1 View Post
    we did look good, but why....game was recognised by Palace support as abysmal, and for many - was seen as their worst performance all season - so as there's a big difference between playing well against the godawful vs quality - how much of our game was due the theirs ?....as if sides have to drop their game for us to be "seen" to lift ours - then what does that say about us - any brilliance is of a flimsy fantasy imo.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)