+ Visit Derby County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Terriers Kept On A Leash?

Good prophetic thread title AF...very much so. Thought CKR was brilliant tonight, motm for me along with Wiz (again) in a very solid team performance, but to tempt fate a la Swale...Jozwiak...what is the point? Can’t remember the last time he contributed anything.

Quote Originally Posted by ramAnag View Post
    Good prophetic thread title AF...very much so. Thought CKR was brilliant tonight, motm for me along with Wiz (again) in a very solid team performance, but to tempt fate a la Swale...Jozwiak...what is the point? Can’t remember the last time he contributed anything.
    Could have been worse though, we could still have Holmes on the books

Quote Originally Posted by Geoff Parkstone View Post
    Edmundson goes and spoils your prediction Swale
    Get in! Happy with that! And the Trees did us a favour as well, thats 8 pts clear.

Quote Originally Posted by swaledale View Post
    Get in! Happy with that! And the Trees did us a favour as well, thats 8 pts clear.
    Struggling to celebrate that but I guess so

Sometimes in life your enemy's god fortune is also yours, pays to look at the bigger picture.

See Rooney, in explaining his decision to make his two half time substitutions last night, has made it clear it was no reflection on Edmundson or Gregory, just a need to change the system because he’d got the initial shape and selection wrong.

Personally I find that really refreshing and not something that I’d have expected from any of the previous three managers. Encouraging signs of a rapidly maturing manager who knows his own mind imo.

For 15 minutes we gave them a yard and a half too much space and they looked both comfortable and dangerous without really looking like scoring. Throughout the game they had the majority of the ball but did nowt with it. With just 35% possession we had 12 shots, 4 on target to their 5 and 1. After the opening it was only the Rams who looked like they'd do anything. Nice little header from Edmundson put us ahead. A great pass from Kaz to Waggy, who was played onside by Keogh proving the old "once a Ram, always a Ram" adage, saw Waggy run towards their box, moving from right to left, pulling the keeper to the side and then put a great looping shot just inside the right hand post.

I feel for Keogh. The injury sustained in the crash has robbed him of a yard of speed and also taken the edge off his game. He is by no means the player we had. It's a shame.

Impressed by Rooney. We were the better side for the 2nd 2/3 of the first half, deservedly ahead and looking like being the only side likely to score. He chose, nevertheless, to change formation and personnel at HT. It's ben a while since we had a gaffer who would do that. When he got the job I was one of the "I'll give him the benefit of any doubt and hope it works out" crew. 6 wins from the last 8 games and the way we are playing seem to be showing that he's got what it takes.

I was one of the doubters and ahve to agree, though I do seem to recall that McClaren did a half time change the first time he was manager, I believe in his first game in charge against Ipswich, so maybe a wise head in the stands is advising Rooney?

Quote Originally Posted by swaledale View Post
    I was one of the doubters and ahve to agree, though I do seem to recall that McClaren did a half time change the first time he was manager, I believe in his first game in charge against Ipswich, so maybe a wise head in the stands is advising Rooney?
    He wasn't even in charge that evening. The game was on Octoebr 1st 2013, SM was due to start on the 2nd and watched from the stands. Wassall was in charge as interim gaffer. SM went downstairs at HT and asked Darren W if he could talk to the players. DW said yes and the rest is the stuff of legend.

I don’t care if Rooney is benefiting from McClaren’s advice or from years of learning under Ferguson. Fact is, he’s like a breath of fresh air imo.
    I’ll admit to being a bit surprised, but after years of platitudes, muddled thought and lack of a ‘plan B’, I wholeheartedly welcome the straight talking and the willingness to change. Long may it continue.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)