+ Visit Derby County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Terriers Kept On A Leash?

Terriers Kept On A Leash?

Any wild guesses on this one? Late 1-0 win after a Keogh slip mebbee? Surely he owes us this much

I know we're at home but I have a weird story about The Terriers. I've only seen Derby play at Huddersfield once, a low-point 2-1 defeat at that hovel Leeds road in our first championship season, wherein my dad's mate, who had recently moved home from Eastwood to Brighouse, underwent what he later described as a religious experience, went into the ground a Derby fan and came out a lifelong Huddersfield fan. Poor time to do it of course with our respective teams' subsequent fortunes, but it takes all sorts I guess

Anyway, enough trivia, predictions anyone?

Was more confident before their sudden return to ‘Holmes inspired’ form yesterday.
    1-1...hoping for more, we need it after yesterday’s results.

Puzzled as to why you think yesterdays results were bad for us? Of the clubs in the bottom 3, which after all is what is important, only Wycombe picked up a point so I'd say not a bad day at all really.

We do need to get at least a pt against Huddersfield and thats easily possible given that results are all over the place at the moment.

Quote Originally Posted by swaledale View Post
    Puzzled as to why you think yesterdays results were bad for us? Of the clubs in the bottom 3, which after all is what is important, only Wycombe picked up a point so I'd say not a bad day at all really.

We do need to get at least a pt against Huddersfield and thats easily possible given that results are all over the place at the moment.
    Wins for Coventry, Huddersfield and Forest were bad news for us yesterday, Swale. Birmingham picking up three points was a mixed blessing, given that it was at Wednesday’s expense - I’d have preferred a draw - but whichever way you look at it, we’re undoubtedly worse off than we were before this weekend’s fixtures.

So QPR, Coventry, Huddersfield, Birmingham, Forest all winning doesn't equate to a bad day? 3 of those teams beat top 6 teams (which we couldn't) when we might have expected dropped points. Even Wycombe got an away point, whilst a draw at Hillsborough would have been good.

There will be weeks where results go against us and weeks where they are in our favour. This was one of the former - if you can't see that, then I'm afraid I can't help that

Quote Originally Posted by Geoff Parkstone View Post
    So QPR, Coventry, Huddersfield, Birmingham, Forest all winning doesn't equate to a bad day? 3 of those teams beat top 6 teams (which we couldn't) when we might have expected dropped points. Even Wycombe got an away point, whilst a draw at Hillsborough would have been good.

There will be weeks where results go against us and weeks where they are in our favour. This was one of the former - if you can't see that, then I'm afraid I can't help that
    You can't help a lot of things, but I will try and explain by putting it in perspective.

What matters surely is the teams in the bottom 3? Yes it would be a bonus if all teams around us lost, but realistically some are going to pick up points. Ultimately where they finish is irrelevant, as long as we stay out of the bottom 3, therefore its what those clubs do that matters.

Rotherham lost, Wednesday lost, they haven't gained any ground, Wycombe's pt is irrelevant, we remain 5 pts off the 3rd relegation place as long as that remains the case then whats the issue?

A draw at Hillsborough would have been OK, but surely Wed losing is better? Birmingham are still 3 pts behind with one more game played than us, so its still within our hands to keep them behind us.

Its what Derby does that matters, at this time they are not reliant on other teams doing them a favour and after losing at the weekend are not any worse off than they were before the game.

So no I don't consider Saturday to be a bad day for Derby, all things considered it could have been worse.

Nothing has changed so far, its up to Derby to pick up the points required to stay clear of relegation, secondary is what the teams in the bottom 3 do, on that basis Saturday was OK.
    Last edited by swaledale; 21-02-2021 at 01:15 PM.

Have it your way, I'm not bothered

No ****ing point in responding to my post in the first place was there? I was having a polite discussion but clearly unless one agrees with you there is no discussion.

Oh well its to be expected I guess, even when discussing football which after all is just opinions you have to be an arse!

Quote Originally Posted by swaledale View Post
    No ****ing point in responding to my post in the first place was there? I was having a polite discussion but clearly unless one agrees with you there is no discussion.

Oh well its to be expected I guess, even when discussing football which after all is just opinions you have to be an arse!

No well I won't be bothering with you as your a ****wit!

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)