+ Visit Newcastle United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: I hate these matches

I hate these matches

The ones we’ve lost even before we play.

Howay the lads.

I know...not least because there's still a small chance we could get something out of it-if Man U play poorly like we know they can or if we put in a Southampton-like performance.

But, as we all know, it's the hope that kills you.

Quote Originally Posted by Zippity View Post

But, as we all know, it's the hope that kills you.
    THIS is what the media don't get

Our fans do not want to be challenging for the title, our fans do not expect to be challenging for European places!

Our fans want to wake up on a Saturday morning, have their normal match day ritual, then heading to the game with

the excitement of we have a 50/50 chance of winning today because no matter what, the lads play for the shirt,

they will go for it and we play attacking football. The hope is always there and we know on our day we will win.

Ashley has robbed us of that, we now need to be grateful because we send 11 people onto a pitch to get turned over by a useless **** every week. While our sleeping giant is dwindling into nothingness, the other 19 teams have a better chance

Quote Originally Posted by PhoneymcRingRing View Post
    The ones we’ve lost even before we play.

Howay the lads.
    It's a bit like going to watch your Son, in a boxing match, knowing he's going to get filled in. Knowing too, that his trainer is useless.

Quote Originally Posted by TANYA_ View Post
    Our fans do not want to be challenging for the title, ....
    Speak for yourself mate!

All I want is hope which comes from a club with ambition to get better. Ashley has no ambition for the team to be successful so there is no hope for the fans.

Let me predict this:

• 30% possession or less
    • No attacking intent
    • At best we will scrape 1 goal but easily concede more than we score.
    • Play like we're in the wrong league.
    • Bruceless will give an interview where is says "to be honest" but won't be honest about how bad the team played

Will be overjoyed if I'm proved wrong but doubt it.

Quote Originally Posted by toptoon View Post
    Speak for yourself mate!

All I want is hope which comes from a club with ambition to get better. Ashley has no ambition for the team to be successful so there is no hope for the fans.
    you really think we can challenge for the title??

Quote Originally Posted by trinitoon View Post
    Let me predict this:

• 30% possession or less
    • No attacking intent
    • At best we will scrape 1 goal but easily concede more than we score.
    • Play like we're in the wrong league.
    • Bruceless will give an interview where is says "to be honest" but won't be honest about how bad the team played

Will be overjoyed if I'm proved wrong but doubt it.
    Reckon you'll be bang on with every point.

Also agree Zip its the hope, we know we could do something but we know that Bruce will have made sure that doesn't happen.

No but I think we all want to.

We used to be able to with the right set up which at that time came from nowhere when Sir John jumped in and produced K.K. to provide the miracle and awaken the sleeping giant.

It would be great for history to repeat itself.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)