+ Visit West Bromwich Albion FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Pereira.

Pereira.

Pereira is obviously a very talented player. However, there are certain aspects of his game that really have to be improved on if he is to achieve his potential. Firstly, he has to be far more aware of what is around him. Either he is selfish or as I say unaware. On far too many occasions he chooses the wrong option. Secondly, his set play deliveries are not good enough, and I'm not just referring to yesterday. Too many times this season dead ball deliveries have been too flat and don't beat the first defender. Surely a player of his ability, when under no pressure, should be able to achieve this. Thirdly, he has to stop this feining injury whenever he is tackled. Win the free kick and then, just get on with it. Some of you may think that I am being hypercritical but this is how I view it. He could be a match winner for us but I feel that he is underperforming and have given the reasons why I think this.

Quote Originally Posted by Leicesterbaggie View Post
    Pereira is obviously a very talented player. However, there are certain aspects of his game that really have to be improved on if he is to achieve his potential. Firstly, he has to be far more aware of what is around him. Either he is selfish or as I say unaware. On far too many occasions he chooses the wrong option. Secondly, his set play deliveries are not good enough, and I'm not just referring to yesterday. Too many times this season dead ball deliveries have been too flat and don't beat the first defender. Surely a player of his ability, when under no pressure, should be able to achieve this. Thirdly, he has to stop this feining injury whenever he is tackled. Win the free kick and then, just get on with it. Some of you may think that I am being hypercritical but this is how I view it. He could be a match winner for us but I feel that he is underperforming and have given the reasons why I think this.

Thought he was the weak link yesterday - wasted all corners and free kicks - greedy - wasted passes - hit a simple pass to Okay too hard and he could of scored - then missed a tap in! Looks like a player with a chip on his shoulder to me. Had he played as well as the rest yesterday we would have won!

Don't forget the weather lads. How good is anyone in a swirling wind? just sayin.

Quote Originally Posted by boingy View Post
    Don't forget the weather lads. How good is anyone in a swirling wind? just sayin.

No excuse Boingy - the weather is the same for both teams and all 22 players. First touch and delivery of set pieces should make no difference whether it’s red hot or minus 5

Boingy, I did make the point that it wasn't just yesterday that his set ball delivery has been poor but most of the season. I don't think that the weather can affect his decision making either.

I agree Leicester if his delivery has been bad other than yesterday but anyone who thinks you can control a cross in weather like that? Really? Depends on whether it stops for you to take it. Maybe it did? The commentators could hardly stand up on pitchside. Awful day.

Quote Originally Posted by boingy View Post
    I agree Leicester if his delivery has been bad other than yesterday but anyone who thinks you can control a cross in weather like that? Really? Depends on whether it stops for you to take it. Maybe it did? The commentators could hardly stand up on pitchside. Awful day.

Others controlled the ball really well yesterday! Good players can adapt to all weather and surfaces

I think the problem yesterday was their goalkeeper Nick Pope when we played them at home he came and collected almost every free kick and corner so we were trying to be to clever and keep the ball away from him, but it clearly didn't work when he is fit i would let Snodgrass take some of the set pieces because he has a really good delivery with his left foot and will offer something different to Pereira.

Leicester I think you are being far from critical. It is very balanced view and could have been harsher.

He is obviously talented but we are not seeing enough of it this season. I thought he would be better in the PL against better players but for me he has been a real disappointment this season.

I feel the same about him as I did Peter Barnes way back. Yes, he can do it, yes he will do it sometimes, but unfortunately doesn’t do it enough.

Quote Originally Posted by Yarmbaggie View Post
    Leicester I think you are being far from critical. It is very balanced view and could have been harsher.

He is obviously talented but we are not seeing enough of it this season. I thought he would be better in the PL against better players but for me he has been a real disappointment this season.

I feel the same about him as I did Peter Barnes way back. Yes, he can do it, yes he will do it sometimes, but unfortunately doesn’t do it enough.
    You are right there Yarm! That said Barnes had the wake of the most talented player I ever saw wear our shirt in Cunningham to contend with, he was never going to win the fans over.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)