+ Visit Burnley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 13 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Burnley v WBA Match Preview

Burnley v WBA Match Preview

This is Part 2 of our relegation double header. Our midweek draw with Fulham kept us eight points clear of the drop zone. Victory here over West Brom will give us a 17 point advantage over the Baggies and virtually consign them to the Championship. Ben Mee will return in defence to replace the ever dependable Kevin Long. Injuries to JBG and Robbie Brady in the Fulham game mean the midfield of McNeil, Westwood, Cork and Brownhill picks itself. Up front Wood and Vydra come back into contention but after combining so neatly for the equalising goal against Fulham Barnes and Rodriguez will surely start against the Baggies. As for West Brom they will have been heartened by their battling 1-1 draw with a Manchester United last time out. Mbaye Diagne on a season long loan from Galatasaray offers a genuine goal threat. Sam Allardyce is unlikely to make many changes from the side he put out against United. Grady Diangana is fit again after injury but may have to settle for a place on the bench. Newcastle will undoubtedly be keeping a careful eye on the results of our game and Fulham v Sheffield United before they travel to Old Trafford on Sunday. Matters however are clearly in our own hands. COYC!

A win and we are virtually safe, anything else means it's still squeaky bum time.

Well said outwood, about sums up the situation. it would be good for Sheff U to take all three points and get past that 11 points they seem stuck on.
    ps. late to bed or up early?

Quote Originally Posted by kritichris View Post
    Well said outwood, about sums up the situation. it would be good for Sheff U to take all three points and get past that 11 points they seem stuck on.
    ps. late to bed or up early?
    My sleep patterns are quite horrendous. Put this one down to an early start!

outwood, sorry to hear that you are not sleeping well, there seems to be a lot of people in the same boat these days from what I hear.
    Fortunately, my half bottle of red per night ensures that I sleep well and also stay fit and healthy, apart from the arthritic knees but that is due to an overload of sports when I was younger.
    This is another game where one point keeps a status quo and they will be battling hard because they are driven by Big Sam.

Looking at the table today, Fulham would need to win 3 of their last 14 matches to overtake us, assuming that we did not pick up another point at all. They have won just 3 matches from 24 so far and have not beaten any of the remaining teams who they have to play, although they have drawn against 6 of those teams.

Tomorrow won't be pretty, however, it could still be pretty effective! Sleep better my friend!

there'll be no surprises for us - play is of a similar level, but we can do it better...are more solid where it counts - again, just need the goals.

Quote Originally Posted by outwoodclaret View Post
    My sleep patterns are quite horrendous. Put this one down to an early start!
    I am always awake to read your early morning missives outwood. I have no problem whatsoever going to sleep, but I usually wake up at around 2.45pm.

Two brews, a few emails and two hours later I get back in the pit and usually manage another two hours of kip. That's quite normal for me!

Quote Originally Posted by The Bedlington Terrier View Post
    I am always awake to read your early morning missives outwood. I have no problem whatsoever going to sleep, but I usually wake up at around 2.45pm.

Two brews, a few emails and two hours later I get back in the pit and usually manage another two hours of kip. That's quite normal for me!

still doing the old double kip - BT

"And at the wakening of your first sleepe/You shall have a hott drinke made/And at the wakening of your next sleepe/Your sorrowes will have a slake."

https://bigthink.com/robby-berman/fo...wice-a-night-2

me - I can't stand beds - ugly things just take up loads of space,....we doze off in rocking chairs.

Quote Originally Posted by Norder View Post
    still doing the old double kip - BT

"And at the wakening of your first sleepe/You shall have a hott drinke made/And at the wakening of your next sleepe/Your sorrowes will have a slake."

https://bigthink.com/robby-berman/fo...wice-a-night-2

me - I can't stand beds - ugly things just take up loads of space,....we doze off in rocking chairs.

I now have a hammock. As I went to school in Portsmouth near the historic dockyard and HMS Victory I suppose that is quite appropriate.

Quote Originally Posted by The Bedlington Terrier View Post

7 o'clock in front of the telly, after my tea, can't stay awake, go to bed at midnight, can't get to sleep, why is this ? And I've tried cutting out the 7pm kip, makes no difference.

Page 1 of 13 12311 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)