+ Visit Burnley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: The Toon are in trouble.

I love football, the difference of opinion on the same subject by the same team's fans is mindboggling.

Quote Originally Posted by The Bedlington Terrier View Post
    I love football, the difference of opinion on the same subject by the same team's fans is mindboggling.
    True, however, many fans get too tied up with their own club and players and don't see the bigger picture.
    Jeff Hendrick played in 122 PL matches for the Clarets out of a possible 140, having been suspended for 3 games in his first season because of his unfortunate dismissal at Watford.
    In addition he played in a further 50 games for the Clarets, Derby and Ireland during his four seasons at the Turf.

A total of 172 appearances in four seasons, when you can discount the last 9 games of 2019/20 because he was not considered.
    An average of 43 games per season played is not to be sniffed at and, as a manager, is a total blessing because you can rely on him 100%, in spite of the fans' opinion. As I said, never a star, however, very much a part of a team who you could rely on.

Quote Originally Posted by Supersub6 View Post
    True, however, many fans get too tied up with their own club and players and don't see the bigger picture.
    Jeff Hendrick played in 122 PL matches for the Clarets out of a possible 140, having been suspended for 3 games in his first season because of his unfortunate dismissal at Watford.
    In addition he played in a further 50 games for the Clarets, Derby and Ireland during his four seasons at the Turf.

A total of 172 appearances in four seasons, when you can discount the last 9 games of 2019/20 because he was not considered.
    An average of 43 games per season played is not to be sniffed at and, as a manager, is a total blessing because you can rely on him 100%, in spite of the fans' opinion. As I said, never a star, however, very much a part of a team who you could rely on.
    Fair enough Supersub6, but I still think he goes MIA too often for comfort.

If we did polls on here (which we don't) I would be interested to know whether Burnley fans would rather have him up on the Tyne or down here at the Turf.

Quote Originally Posted by The Bedlington Terrier View Post
    Fair enough Supersub6, but I still think he goes MIA too often for comfort.

If we did polls on here (which we don't) I would be interested to know whether Burnley fans would rather have him up on the Tyne or down here at the Turf.
    I'd be more interested to know whether the Burnley manager would rather have him up on the Tyne or down here at the Turf, however, it is immaterial because he is where he is and featured in their 3-1 victory against us in October.

Quote Originally Posted by Supersub6 View Post
    I'd be more interested to know whether the Burnley manager would rather have him up on the Tyne or down here at the Turf, however, it is immaterial because he is where he is and featured in their 3-1 victory against us in October.
    I’ve read every answer on this debate and here’s my question.

Would you rather have JBG / Brady than hendrick ?

There is only one answer to that you all know it Dyche new it and we’re struggling now because the club let him go for nowt.

I’m with Sub , never spectacular but 7/10 most games for us, we need a bit of that at the minute.

On top of all that he was asked to play out of his position week in week out which can’t have helped with his happiness at our club.

Quote Originally Posted by army88 View Post
    On top of all that he was asked to play out of his position week in week out which can’t have helped with his happiness at our club.
    There's a bit of a clue there imo Army, the really important players, the ones the manager really rates, don't get asked to play out of position.

On reflection what was Jeff's best position?

I would say his best position for Burnley FC is playing CM for Newcastle United.

Quote Originally Posted by sinkov View Post
    I would say his best position for Burnley FC is playing CM for Newcastle United.
    Lol! Put your toys back in the pram and keep on posting crackers like this please sinkov.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)