+ Visit Burnley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: The Toon are in trouble.

The Toon are in trouble.

Where's Hendrick when you need him?

Quote Originally Posted by The Bedlington Terrier View Post
    Where's Hendrick when you need him?
    I think he's been found out BT, he's sitting on the bench, again

I hated knocking him when he was one of ours, but he really is $hite!

Its not knocking them BT, if a player is not up to it, whether he's a Claret or not, you should be able to say so, they get the pleasure of playing Football for a living and earning vast amounts for doing so, they are on the parapet and should not be molly cuddled.

Newcastle fans not best pleased with ("Irish International") Hendick - especially after his recent shirt pulling / sending off incident.

I watched the Manchester United v Newcastle match and thought that Newcastle did not play too badly. They seemed to be interested playing football and had the desire to try and score goals, something sadly lacking in our team yesterday. Based on that display tonight Newcastle do not look to be a team likely to be relegated. In recent weeks having seen Crystal Palace, Brighton, West Brom and Fulham play against ourselves the poorest of those team was Crystal Palace, who actually made us look good.

Aye, Jeff is that bad that he has played in 17 of the Toon's PL matches, one of those coming on as a sub against Arsenal.
    In the 16 matches he has started, the Toon have taken 20 points, whilst in the 8 in which he has not taken part they have managed 5 points.
    It certainly suits the agenda of Toon supporters, just as it did our supporters, to have a scapegoat. I always find it strange that Sean Dyche preferred to start with him in the team.

Anyway, with that sort of form, let's hope that they continue to leave him on the bench. Another 8 matches with him on the bench, pick up 5 points and the end will be nigh for them rather than us.

Quote Originally Posted by Supersub6 View Post
    Aye, Jeff is that bad that he has played in 17 of the Toon's PL matches, one of those coming on as a sub against Arsenal.
    In the 16 matches he has started, the Toon have taken 20 points, whilst in the 8 in which he has not taken part they have managed 5 points.
    It certainly suits the agenda of Toon supporters, just as it did our supporters, to have a scapegoat. I always find it strange that Sean Dyche preferred to start with him in the team.

Anyway, with that sort of form, let's hope that they continue to leave him on the bench. Another 8 matches with him on the bench, pick up 5 points and the end will be nigh for them rather than us.
    I think you know by now Supersub6 I defend our manager and players to the fullest extent, but what gets me with Jeff Hendrick and his bestie Robbie Brady, there are two fantastically talented players hiding away somewhere.

I can recall both of them scoring spectacular goals and playing some lovely football, but I have no idea why they both go "hiding" in games.

If either of them had Brownhill's endeavour to match their talent, my God what a pair of players they would be.

Quote Originally Posted by Supersub6 View Post

Accepting the above impressive stats Sub, and putting to one side my own doubts about Jeff's abilty, why do you think it is that both Burnley and Newcastle fans have chosen Jeff as their scapegoat ? And I don't accept BT's claim that he hides in games, I've never noticed him giving less than 100%, so why do you think both sets of fans have got on his case, there must be a reason, it can't be coincidence.

Quote Originally Posted by sinkov View Post
    Accepting the above impressive stats Sub, and putting to one side my own doubts about Jeff's abilty, why do you think it is that both Burnley and Newcastle fans have chosen Jeff as their scapegoat ? And I don't accept BT's claim that he hides in games, I've never noticed him giving less than 100%, so why do you think both sets of fans have got on his case, there must be a reason, it can't be coincidence.
    My only thoughts are the same as what they were when I have watched him at the Turf. He is not a player who will ever stand out, however, he is a good team player who will give it his all and who will be more appreciated by his team mates than 95% of fans watching.
    Never spectacular, always reasonably steady, will do everything within his capability to get results for the team and very rarely injured, therefore, can be relied upon ---a manager's dream.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)