+ Visit Dundee United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 18 of 27 FirstFirst ... 81617181920 ... LastLast

Thread: Virtual Ticket v Celtic

Some good points made there. I wasn't caring about who won the league , or that we didn't make top 6. All I was thinking about was not getting dragged in to a play-off situation, which seems unlikely now.

Not a perfect season for numerous reasons, but happy to re-group for next season.

MM has done well under the circumstances, but also has frustrated the fans by not seeing what nearly everyone bar him has.

Agreeing now that McNulty and Harkes are passengers. Clark also (unless played in his best position)

One thing worried me (well more than one) But.... hearing MM continually shouting "get to the ball, get to the ball" Which in most cases the player didn't quite do that. Do they need reminded ???? That is basic futba, and they are professional players.

Anywhooo , not the worst season back up that I was fearing . Gless half ful

First time I've seen Micky a bit needled in a post match interview. Good stuff

The team that finished the game is the team he should’ve started with, and would have more chance of pinching 3pts. I honestly think had we scored first, they would have chucked it!!
    I like MM, but how many times will he prove himself wrong with team selection?

Quote Originally Posted by stokearab View Post
    Much better last 35 minutes and not hard to see why. A little more composure we could have won that in the end.
    So f*cking frustrating. Why is it so obvious to us but not the manager?

Quote Originally Posted by Yeats 62 View Post
    Some good points made there. I wasn't caring about who won the league , or that we didn't make top 6. All I was thinking about was not getting dragged in to a play-off situation, which seems unlikely now.

Not a perfect season for numerous reasons, but happy to re-group for next season.

MM has done well under the circumstances, but also has frustrated the fans by not seeing what nearly everyone bar him has.

Agreeing now that McNulty and Harkes are passengers. Clark also (unless played in his best position)

One thing worried me (well more than one) But.... hearing MM continually shouting "get to the ball, get to the ball" Which in most cases the player didn't quite do that. Do they need reminded ???? That is basic futba, and they are professional players.

Anywhooo , not the worst season back up that I was fearing . Gless half ful
    Yeah definitely glass half full. We've shown signs that we could be a very good side.
    With the right additions we will be. We're fitter, stronger and much more competitive now, and the tempo and intensity is far better so all credit to the manager.

But.....we could have been 0-3 by half time with that team selection and it's really a big concern that Micky thought it was the right one. So maybe it's a learning curve for him too.

Quote Originally Posted by tHeArAb View Post
    So f*cking frustrating. Why is it so obvious to us but not the manager?
    It's a mystery to most fans but I think Micky selects Harkes because he feels the player will offer defensive cover across the 18 yard line and might offer a through ball when we're attacking. But mainly a defensive mindset.

The problem is that Harkes isn't good enough at either, so is completely wasted in the majority of games. His first touch is really poor a lot of the time as well. But Micky just thinks defend defend defend. Then Harkes drops in the odd decent game and the circle continues. I like Ian Harkes, seems like a great lad but right now it's not working.

Clark in midfield is the one that really is mindboggling though. Everyone can see it except the manager.

Quote Originally Posted by stokearab View Post
    It's a mystery to most fans but I think Micky selects Harkes because he feels the player will offer defensive cover across the 18 yard line and might offer a through ball when we're attacking. But mainly a defensive mindset.

The problem is that Harkes isn't good enough at either, so is completely wasted in the majority of games. His first touch is really poor a lot of the time as well. But Micky just thinks defend defend defend. Then Harkes drops in the odd decent game and the circle continues. I like Ian Harkes, seems like a great lad but right now it's not working.

Clark in midfield is the one that really is mindboggling though. Everyone can see it except the manager.
    Name:  jr.JPG
Views: 505
Size:  35.1 KB

Might want to look at the left back position too, being targeted every match now as the weakest link. Not as pacey as first thought. "Good going forward? hmmmm ? " but can't cross the road.

Quote Originally Posted by AraBrian View Post
    Hey Teddy Bear as part of the vile bigoted support of the vile vile bigoted zombis how do you feel about the disgusting behaviour of the vile bigots outside and inside ipox yesterday to celibrate a win against stmirren?Other teams have won cups and leagues in this pandemic and along with their fans have behaved correctly and the bigots go mad over a match no wonder wee nic does not let crowds near grounds apart from in glasgow.

Well Brian. I have to admit, to be honest, that I’m enjoying celebrating the title win today. It has been a great day, but to be honest lol I was hoping it would be won at the pacific shelf fc HOWEVER winning today, has its benefits (it gives the pacific shelf rea the chance to give us a wee guard of honour now ken what am saying

Makes a refreshing change fae just the green and grey ribbons, this year is an all blue affair.
    Dinnae be blue about it, but dinnae be green with envy either. I am happy for st Johnstone fans who celebrated their league cup win, and we shall celebrate our title win. And well done on the point, I thought United deserved it very much. Aw ra best

Credit where it is due Teddy Bear. To achieve your first major title in such a short time has to be commended. But i wonder what next season will bring with Stevie G away. Im sure the title win, if you become invincible, the efforts in Europe and the chance ahead of a Scottish Cup win will not be missed by the clubs doon sooth.

Quote Originally Posted by Chick A Saw View Post
    Credit where it is due Teddy Bear. To achieve your first major title in such a short time has to be commended. But i wonder what next season will bring with Stevie G away. Im sure the title win, if you become invincible, the efforts in Europe and the chance ahead of a Scottish Cup win will not be missed by the clubs doon sooth.
    Thanks chick, I agree it’s a remarkable achievement. If we get past prague we are in the quarter finals in Europe. The treble is on! Stevie may be tempted by the liverpool situation but at the same time, if he wants to taste champions league football he will have to stay with the champs!

Page 18 of 27 FirstFirst ... 81617181920 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)