+ Visit Aston Villa FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: V Leeds Changes.....

This was such a satisfying win over that lot and poetic justice seeing Bamford whining with El Ghazi bagging the winner. Good tactics from Deano to not go toe to toe and everyone did their job well all over the pitch.

Mings stood out for me, looked like the player that played such a big role in getting us into the playoffs and I though McGinn had his best game for some time. We are 6pts off 4th with 2 games in hand on WHU - let's hope we follow up that win with another good performance on Weds.

1-0 to the good guys.

Mings wears the captaincy very well, there can’t be many better CH partnerships around at the moment than Mings and Konsa. Both full-backs were solid, Emi was safe and commanding.

I thought that Ramsey cruised it alongside the impressive Marvelous (good shout pre-match Dave). Traore? Better without the ball than with it yesterday. Ollie was a thorough pest as usual as was SJM.

Which brings me to AEG. How can someone with such talent, be so consistently sh1te for 4 out of 5 games. He was magnificent in the 1st half yesterday. His fragility did began to show in the 2nd, but he kept at it, so well done Anwar.

DS had to drop Barkley and rest Dougie. Team selection for Wednesday will be interesting.

Delighted with the result yesterday. I think that the pitch nullified Leeds’s game, but hey, they laid it. Never buy anything off Daniel Levy.

I don't think lower division teams should be allowed into the premiership unless they can guarantee their pitch will be up to scratch

I think that also goes for Stadia, their shed looks like its one gust of wind short of a collapse!

I really don't get the enmity of leeds fans, we play with the Corinthian spirit and their team play like rabid dogs! Be nice if someone could teach them some manners, filthy upstart mongrels.

Last time I saw tactics like theirs, I was playing in the Under nines against Walsall

Been on their site and their one eyed view on the opposition is breath taking! According to them Tsrgett, Mings and Watkins should have been sent of for savage takles, we are boring and Dull but still managed more shots on target than Leeds! Believe it or not, they are still moaning about the goal that wasnt in the ladt gsme 2 years ago! My god, have they got nithing to do uo there. I used to like leeds but there fans act like caged animals, too long in the championship and all the traits of SHA! You cannot reason with them....incredible!

Yes I read scores of their disgruntled posts

* Sycophantic nonsense about “their domination “ Leeds had 4 more attempts at goal & 1 fewer on target than Villa

*On unsporting behaviour, bit rich taking the moral high ground given the theatricals of Bamford and Llorente

However my favourite on Saturday was of Bielsa snarling into Alioski’s ear prior to his introduction as a late substitute .. anyone enlighten us a) Does Alioski speak Spanish ?? b) or has the monolinguist Bielsa taken a crash course in Bulgarian ??

Leeds/Millwall fans are the most disliked supporters in football, occasionally however Millwall fans are can be vaguely amusing

Credit should go to Deano and the coaching staff to snuff out Leeds and not to play them at their own games as in the reverse fixture. Nakamba was immense at breaking up play and snuffing out attacks. If he could learn to pass to a teammate he would be the complete player.

Here is the big test though, can We do it two on the spin, can the players who stepped up give another 100%? Not being fooled by Sheff utds position, it will be a tough game another scrappy 1-0 win would be very much appreciated..

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)