+ Visit Aston Villa FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: V Leeds Changes.....

V Leeds Changes.....

..................Martynez

Konsa.........Engels...........Mings

.................Nakamba

Elmo.....Sanson.....Luiz.......Targett

...........Traore.......Watkins

90+ mins of pace, bordering on erratic and commitment. No experienced fullbacks and midfield have proven to be able to contain this enthralling Leeds football style.

Pace, energy, and bravery of youth are the way forward vs this lot. Traore, Elmo, AEG, Barkley, and Trez will be gasping for oxygen after 5 mins, that’s half of the outfield team!! Be brave Deano, get at em.

Martinez

Kesler
    Mings
    Konsa
    Targett

Dougie

SJM
    Sanson
    Carney
    Ramsey

Ollie

But alas, we all know that DS will go for the same starting XI, and we’ll concede a couple early on. Thing is, Leeds won’t take their foot off our throats as Lista did.

Agreed and knowing how they battered us a VP, I am worried. I think my Saturday night is going to be destroyed unless......

Sit deep and hit 'em on the break is going to be the only way we have a chance here I reckon, I love that swashbuckling style they have but they have proven to be hit and miss so I hope Smithy and Shakespeare are watching re-runs of those games they have lost.

There was a controversial tweet a few weeks back where it was mooted Bielsa's teams run out of gas as the season wears on as they play with such high intensity - no sign of that as yet. They have lost at home to Everton and Wolves so there's hope for us here, our bad spell has to end somewhere?

Martinez

Konsa/Engels/Mings/Targett

Nakamba

Elmo/Luiz/Sanson/SJM

Watkins

Would like to see Ramsey get 25 mins and if we need a goal stick Trez on to get on the end of one of Elmo's deliveries.

We have the perfect setup and tactics for Bielsa. We are made for him. In fact, if Bielsa could gift wrap a manager to play against, it would be Deano.

Jack never gets a sniff against this lot, so with him being injured, and considering the state of that pitch, it could be a blessing.

However, sometimes things don’t always go to plan in football, that’s our only hope, and we all know what hope does to you.

2-1 to the ‘good guys’ in Claret and Blue

I see Leeds fans confident of a 3 or 4 goal drubbing! Im not sure on this one, we could just surprise a few 🤔

Well let’s see if we can cope without jack better than the Leicester game.. sanson has gotta start and maybe even Ramsey cos he’s looked like a breath of fresh air hasn’t he ? Full of running and looks like he’s more than capable of scoring a goal..

Tough game tonight but need a win else are season is flattening out

Ramsey and Nakamba come in for Barkley and Luiz.

Hope Ramsey can get off to a fast start. He is quality! And I love "better than average" Nakamba anyway

Oh yes, that was a superb win. Back on track. Can we have that version of AEG every week. Naky was superb please dont drop him Deano. My MOTM was Targett. Did not let up and got stuck in 100%. This is the difference when not carrying passengers. I will drive Barkley back to the bridge myself.
    Leeds diving and complaing was laughable and makes the victory all the sweeter!. Well done ladz and Martinez 13 clean sheets.....😁👍

Superb defense Nakamba and Ramsey were a force field in front of our back four. 13 clean sheets is fantastic. We're grinding out wins even when not at our fluid best. To be honest I gave us very little chance of any points from this one. Well done lads another 3 points in the bank.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)