+ Visit Leeds United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Angus

Quote Originally Posted by joellufcprice View Post
    Bumley must not notice a difference at the moment.
    Alf left the goal wide open for that

It's a moving target.

would be interesting to see how many of the "covid deaths" were covid and not Pneumonia. heart disease, cancer etc.

we'll be lucky if anyone's allowed in ER at seasons opening next year even though most will have been vaccinated and the infection and death rate is plummeting.

the politicians like the power.

seasonal flu is non existent anymore even though that normally kills 10's of thousands every year.

Quote Originally Posted by spaldy View Post
    seasonal flu is non existent anymore even though that normally kills 10's of thousands every year.
    Not a single case of seasonal flu confirmed in the UK. Agree regarding the way COVID has been given the blame for all deaths where Covid test proved positive, not the whole story, just an easy one.

i was hospitalised with Covid so im not saying it doesnt exist, but i work in large events, not football, but my life has been ruined by this fiasco, and im telling you, this wont be happening anytime soon if ever. The powers above the politicians dont want it, so it wont happen.
    Just watch your netflix, buy your chinese cr@p from amazon and get your news from facebook.

Quote Originally Posted by asturianblanco View Post
    i was hospitalised with Covid so im not saying it doesnt exist, but i work in large events, not football, but my life has been ruined by this fiasco, and im telling you, this wont be happening anytime soon if ever. The powers above the politicians dont want it, so it wont happen.
    Just watch your netflix, buy your chinese cr@p from amazon and get your news from facebook.
    Sorry to hear about both the effect on health and your business etc, but I have to disagree with regards to getting crowds back into events.

There are too many who want it to happen for it not to (Reading and Leeds festivals already confirmed as going ahead in late summer), further afield the England/India cricket is already being watched by thousands in the ground (not full I'll grant you, but not very "socially distanced" nonetheless), F1 is planning to have fans back (again, limited numbers, but large by the current standards) in the new season. Football, in all its forms (and from PL down to minor leagues), won't be able to (and the lower leagues wont want to) stand alone in denying fans the chance to watch their teams in stadia (big or small).

Quote Originally Posted by spaldy View Post
    It's a moving target.

would be interesting to see how many of the "covid deaths" were covid and not Pneumonia. heart disease, cancer etc.

we'll be lucky if anyone's allowed in ER at seasons opening next year even though most will have been vaccinated and the infection and death rate is plummeting.

the politicians like the power.

That has been a massive sticking point for me, how the deaths have been calculated, how anyone can even begin to judge the full impact of covid or make an informed decision about having God's knows what pumped in their arm is worrying to say the least.
    More questions than answers atm for me.

Quote Originally Posted by leedsutdman View Post
    That has been a massive sticking point for me, how the deaths have been calculated, how anyone can even begin to judge the full impact of covid or make an informed decision about having God's knows what pumped in their arm is worrying to say the least.
    More questions than answers atm for me.
    Well, I'm one of those who has had "god knows what" pumped into my arm, (AstraZenca, now assessed as being 94% effective in protecting against infection with just the first dose, despite Macron, Merkel and the combined might of the EU Commission suggesting otherwise). The more who get vaccinated (and for once, I'll believe what the "back room" scientists are saying, even if it gets communicated by the likes of Whitty etc.) the closer we get to the "herd immunity" situation that is just about universally accepted as being where we should be for some semblance of normality to emerge. Making an informed decision as to the safety of having a vaccination is easy, as long as you believe the certification route has been correctly followed (and I for one me very happy that is the case). Whether you believe it is necessary is a different matter altogether, but as it's free, with no significant side effects and those that there are are v short term (I had a slight tenderness top of my arm, for 48 hours, nothing else), why wouldn't you?

That bit about whether a vaccination is necessary comes back to the difficulty of assessing just what Covid has done, and how many it has actually killed, given that the death rates have always been quoted (In the UK at any rate) as relating to those who had a positive Covid test, no mention of any underlying/contributory factors. Covid was (and still is) seen as being much more infectious, but much LESS effective at killing on its own, than influenza. Whether that is the case, I suspect we will never know, as the likelihood that governments will spend even more money on the required fact-finding and analysis is vanishingly small.

Quote Originally Posted by WTF11 View Post
    Well, I'm one of those who has had "god knows what" pumped into my arm, (AstraZenca, now assessed as being 94% effective in protecting against infection with just the first dose, despite Macron, Merkel and the combined might of the EU Commission suggesting otherwise). The more who get vaccinated (and for once, I'll believe what the "back room" scientists are saying, even if it gets communicated by the likes of Whitty etc.) the closer we get to the "herd immunity" situation that is just about universally accepted as being where we should be for some semblance of normality to emerge. Making an informed decision as to the safety of having a vaccination is easy, as long as you believe the certification route has been correctly followed (and I for one me very happy that is the case). Whether you believe it is necessary is a different matter altogether, but as it's free, with no significant side effects and those that there are are v short term (I had a slight tenderness top of my arm, for 48 hours, nothing else), why wouldn't you?

That bit about whether a vaccination is necessary comes back to the difficulty of assessing just what Covid has done, and how many it has actually killed, given that the death rates have always been quoted (In the UK at any rate) as relating to those who had a positive Covid test, no mention of any underlying/contributory factors. Covid was (and still is) seen as being much more infectious, but much LESS effective at killing on its own, than influenza. Whether that is the case, I suspect we will never know, as the likelihood that governments will spend even more money on the required fact-finding and analysis is vanishingly small.
    Why wouldn't you?
    Because I won't have any drug that I don't think I need hence my point about at the very least having a realistic death count high or low to make an informed decision. Every death in the UK is known cause there is no reason to make it unclear.

Quote Originally Posted by leedsutdman View Post
    Why wouldn't you?
    Because I won't have any drug that I don't think I need hence my point about at the very least having a realistic death count high or low to make an informed decision. Every death in the UK is known cause there is no reason to make it unclear.
    Not true. I know from painful and very personal experience that the cause of death recorded on death certificates can vary from detailed and accurate to vague and essentially useless.

As to you deciding what you need or don't need, that's your choice, we agree to differ. (and have you ever analysed the content of the food and drink you consume, in order to establish whether all the chemicals and other sh1t that they contain are "necessary", as opposed to convenient to the manufacturer?)
    Last edited by WTF11; 25-02-2021 at 01:07 PM.

Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)