+ Visit Leeds United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast

Thread: Angus

Quote Originally Posted by Francewhite View Post
    The UK as a full member of the EU could have also gone it's own way. Hungary & Slovakia are members and have chosen their own routes and are going with the Russian Sputnik vaccine. The ability for the the UK to go it's own way is nothing to do with non membership of the EU but the usual self serving crap about Brexit was used to suggest it was.
    And just bear in mind, "going with the Sputnik vaccine" means they are ordering, not that supplies are available, which also means they won't be able to vaccinate until April/May, by which time roughly 70% of the UK adult population (or about 40 million adults) will have ALREADY had at least their first jab, meaning they are 80% less likely to develop serious illness or require hospital treatment than those who remain unvaccinated.

The EU process, the small-minded petty leadership who spouted quasi-science regarding the Astra-Zeneca vaccine based on absolutely nothing but hysterical hatred of the UK, and the nightmare it and they have inflicted on the separate nations who still remain in the "club", will kill tens of thousands across Europe who could have been protected by now, if the little Hitlers in Brussels, Paris and Berlin hadn't been so myopically focussed on "teaching the UK a lesson" for having the temerity to leave.

FWIW- the people who vilify and voted trump out of office due to mishandling of the covid crisis are clueless on this issue. Our current senile diaper wearing pedophile doesn't know what day it is but is taking full credit for all of the vaccine distibution. He's actually slowed down the process with his meddling.

here stateside i was eligible last last week (over 60) and get the vaccine this weekend. Trump threw a crapload of money at the pharmaceutical companies with little restrictions and let them run. My wife and daughter were both vaccinated in Dec (nurses). Less than a year after the chinese released it on the world.

I would not be surprised if our ruling overlords, or big tech oligarchs, have gifted the vaccine with some special treats such as a latent gene or tracking device but we'll all end up having to have it sooner or later. "your papers" or you aren't going anywhere.

for some big missions, such a vaccine development and distribution, a greedy big corporation is always going to do better than a government bureaucrat. You get screwed either way but you get it faster.

France could be in for a very rocky year politically - En Marche seems less of a march than a grinding halt.

If the national party wins the Frexit could become a thing

Quote Originally Posted by spaldy View Post
    FWIW- the people who vilify and voted trump out of office due to mishandling of the covid crisis are clueless on this issue. Our current senile diaper wearing pedophile doesn't know what day it is but is taking full credit for all of the vaccine distibution. He's actually slowed down the process with his meddling.

here stateside i was eligible last last week (over 60) and get the vaccine this weekend. Trump threw a crapload of money at the pharmaceutical companies with little restrictions and let them run. My wife and daughter were both vaccinated in Dec (nurses). Less than a year after the chinese released it on the world.

I would not be surprised if our ruling overlords, or big tech oligarchs, have gifted the vaccine with some special treats such as a latent gene or tracking device but we'll all end up having to have it sooner or later. "your papers" or you aren't going anywhere.

for some big missions, such a vaccine development and distribution, a greedy big corporation is always going to do better than a government bureaucrat. You get screwed either way but you get it faster.
    You lost me not at the laughable notion of the non mask wearing, hand shaking, pro bleach injection Trump was some sort of covid super hero during his watch... but calling Biden a *****. Completely unfounded, photos mostly with his grandchildren posted up by conspiracy theorists... Never been charged, show me the proof or shut up about it.

Quote Originally Posted by whitestomper45 View Post
    You lost me not at the laughable notion of the non mask wearing, hand shaking, pro bleach injection Trump was some sort of covid super hero during his watch... but calling Biden a *****. Completely unfounded, photos mostly with his grandchildren posted up by conspiracy theorists... Never been charged, show me the proof or shut up about it.
    Love or hate Trump - I wasn’t a big fan - he did raise some issues that needed to be that others didn’t/won’t and he did go large on the money spent on vaccines - he order them en masse before it was clear which would work.

His extremes meant the sensible stuff he did or said gets forgotten.

The other extreme is the (il)liberal left where you are not allowed to speak ill or express an opinion unless you are one of the chosen liberal intelligentsia.

Neither the right or the left really has proper answers - they are all too obsessed with power for powers sake to think hard enough what to do with it if they achieve it.

Quote Originally Posted by whitestomper45 View Post
    I've seen wonderful family pics of prince andrew. a nonsensical statement that because you love your family means you wont boink **** agers or younger.

No secret that biden visited epstein's pedophile island. along with your beloved prince and countless other Washington DC politicians. the only reason they went there was to ***ually amuse yourself with young boys or girls. Just the reality. saying it didn't happen is no different than saying the Uighers are not in concentration camps. The press looks the other way but the people that are living or lived the hell will tell you its true.

I understand that some people went there unaware what was really going on. He was a powerful financial broker and it was a tropical vacation. However, going back more than once tells you they were in on the whole sordid affair.

You probably also believe that epstein hung himself without any help.

don't worry, biden will have an unfortunate accident or die of "natural causes" in the next 60-90 days and we'll have a new president.

regarding trump.... you think that if biden was in charge we'd be getting vaccination here stateside in December of 2020? I realize your antipathy clouds your ability to see who is really effective. I'll give you a hint.... It aint the EU or the US government.

A little harsh WS. sorry.

can't stand lying politicians and their toadies in the press. Biden had nothing to do with the record pace of vaccine development yet he takes full credit. They were at a million vaccinations a day before he even stepped foot in office.

trump was a dick but he did allow the pharma's free reign to get this done and he used the power of the government to get the production up to speed and loosened up the logistics so it could be distributed in record time.

I am a 60 year old serf suitable for nothing but paying taxes yet I was vaccinated this weekend (whether that's good or bad is a different subject). I know deep down that if the current regime had been in charge I would not be looking at getting a vaccine for another 6 months to a year and the odds are it would be some chinese or russian vaccine. Just the reality of the world.
    Last edited by spaldy; 08-03-2021 at 12:50 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by spaldy View Post
    A little harsh WS. sorry.

can't stand lying politicians and their toadies in the press. Biden had nothing to do with the record pace of vaccine development yet he takes full credit. They were at a million vaccinations a day before he even stepped foot in office.

trump was a dick but he did allow the pharma's free reign to get this done and he used the power of the government to get the production up to speed and loosened up the logistics so it could be distributed in record time.
    Leaving aside the politicos for a moment - the better news is that there are vaccines that are effective - all countries seem to be kicking into gear to get the vulnerable jabs and the medical profession seems more confident that the short term outlook is a little rosier.

Quote Originally Posted by hopelesslyoptimistic View Post
    Leaving aside the politicos for a moment - the better news is that there are vaccines that are effective - all countries seem to be kicking into gear to get the vulnerable jabs and the medical profession seems more confident that the short term outlook is a little rosier.
    100% agree. Absolutely f00king remarkable that here in the UK we have over 22.5 million first jabs done, (including yours truly), and over a million second jabs already. Objective is that by July all 18+ will have been offered first jab, and 70% of all adults will have had second. Bl00dy marvellous, and a testament to what the health professionals can do if the bureaucrats keep their noses out.

We won't go back to how things were, probably ever, but large events with large numbers of fans, supporters, whatever you want to call them and whatever the nature of the event WILL happen, they are already being arranged and yes it's all a bit nip and tuck and nothing is guaranteed, but "living" like we are isn't feasible even in the medium term (months), and certainly not for longer. I'm not talking about the costs in jobs and industry suffering, I'm talking about people getting to the point where jumping in front of a train is preferable to waking up each day and having to face what we currently have. Some (I suspect more than many would imagine), are already there, and are holding out because there is now that very small chink of light at the end of what has been an exceptionally long tunnel.

The news of vaccinations, the reduction in case numbers and hospitalisations, and the plans for reducing/removing restrictions are absolutely v i t a l if those people and many heading in the same direction, are to be saved.

I'm not too surprised at the right wing vitriol coming out here. How anyone can suggest Trump was a good president is beyond the wit of the average man. Thick as p1g****, racist, immoral, nasty and clueless as well as being the biggest liar on the world stage since Goebbels.

Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)