+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: ot If football crap.

ot If football crap.

08.26 look west for a couple of mins.
    ISS will start
    low down and rise higher. for about a 6 min viewing. should be very bright tonight.
    height 435 km. speed 27.500km/h.

Spot on crash, got a great view tonight and we combined it with a toast to my dad at 8: 30 it's the anniversary of his death. He is the reason I'm a Miller. ��

Nice one.

Quote Originally Posted by crashbang View Post
    Nice one.
    Overcast here on the east coast , couldn't see it . I was a " spaceman" addict as a kid and I guess I've never really grown out of it .
    I so envy those guys up there.

“If” the football is crap ?

Must have been a lot of folks searching the sky tonight

Well I got home earlier this evening from seeing my Dad. It was really gut wrenching.

My mum died yesterday just a week or so short of her 94th birthday. She had been suffering from dementia and a couple of weeks ago she had a stroke and never regained consciousness.

My Dad is 98 in October and has been married nearly 76 years. They married in June 1945.

He is not in the best of health and is quite deaf and poor sight and his world has just collapsed.

People might say they are / were at a good age but it is still devastating.

My Dad has been a Miller since 1933,( served in World War 2 )and as a kid I used to sit with him in the main stand (he had a season ticket) in the sixties. It was through my Dad I became a Miller and to see him now bereft of the love of his life, and my only wish is that the Millers get safe and give my dad a little smile at least for a moment.

Wow, gut wrenching indeed

I hope things improve for you and yours

Quote Originally Posted by Nardendee View Post
    Well I got home earlier this evening from seeing my Dad. It was really gut wrenching.

My mum died yesterday just a week or so short of her 94th birthday. She had been suffering from dementia and a couple of weeks ago she had a stroke and never regained consciousness.

My Dad is 98 in October and has been married nearly 76 years. They married in June 1945.

He is not in the best of health and is quite deaf and poor sight and his world has just collapsed.

My Dad has been a Miller since 1933,( served in World War 2 )and as a kid I used to sit with him in the main stand (he had a season ticket) in the sixties. It was through my Dad I became a Miller and to see him now bereft of the love of his life, and my only wish is that the Millers get safe and give my dad a little smile at least for a moment.
    Nardendee, My deepest condolences to your Father and yourself. God bless your Mum may she now be at peace ❤️ It sounds like your Dad has had a great life and for them to have been married 75 years is phenomenal.
    Last edited by Brin; 31-03-2021 at 10:28 PM.

Thank you Brin.

Quote Originally Posted by Nardendee View Post

Very saddened to read this, Nardendee. Whatever age the first of your parents passes away, it's very, very tough both for you and for the spouse who's left behind. I find as I get older, and the likelihood of either me or my wife dying becoming ever more real, it fills me with dread. We've known each other for 55 years and have been married for 46. Your Dad has had a good long run of it with your mum, but that just makes it all that much more difficult.

(Sorry to continue to move this thread away from your original post, Crash - and dwell on a 'difficult' topic. Wish I had some coordinates for seeing what you are seeing in my part of the world! Is there a website that gives this data?)
    Last edited by CTMilller; 31-03-2021 at 10:48 PM.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast