Page 14 of 14 FirstFirst ... 4121314
Results 131 to 139 of 139

Thread: Leeds United - v - Southampton ***Matchday Thread***

  1. #131
    Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Posts
    13,573
    I watched on delay. The lads definitely done good!

    Loved the Granny Val stuff. They’re a decent set of lads too.

  2. #132
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Posts
    2,310
    Quote Originally Posted by Orgoner View Post
    I watched on delay. The lads definitely done good!

    Loved the Granny Val stuff. They’re a decent set of lads too.
    Took the afternoon off to watch in real time. A few questions were answered in this game.
    1. Raphinha is world class and will be playing regularly for Brazil.
    2. Llorente can play football.
    3. The "new" Elland road pitch is a disgrace
    4. We need Kalvin Philips back. Even in a 3-0 win we looked shaky when passing the ball from the back.
    5. Without Stuart Dallas, Leeds would be close to the relegation zone.

  3. #133
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Posts
    11,181
    Quote Originally Posted by ozleeds View Post
    It's not our administration it's the football league that should look into it as that is what they get paid for. The pitch might be bad but it didn't have time to settle. When pitches are replaced usually at the end of a season it takes like 3 months for it to settle routes and all.We layed it traineed on it and are playing games on it straight away.
    And how could the FA legislate for the impact of COVID on any clubs plans to revamp the playing surface (or not)? The FA isn't paid to manage, nor is it responsible for the state of any pitch, the club that owns it is. ER was a mess before the start of the season and the decision to relay the surface in a hurry has proved to be the wrong one (at least the old surface was predictably sh1te, whereas the new surface is completely unpredictable). The fact that it affects both teams isn't the point, it is dangerous (as Romeus injury (and others), indicates). Leeds should request that we play all matches at the away ground unless and until the ER surface is relaid properly (as was the plan for last summer). With no fans allowed until (possibly) the last game against West Brom any decision to play away from home is of minor significance when set against the possible consequences for all players playing on the current ice rink.

    (And just how many other playing surfaces at any club, newly promoted, big 6 or middling also-rans is exhibiting the same issues that the surface at ER is?)

  4. #134
    Join Date
    Aug 2018
    Posts
    1,109
    good win despite not really being at it, mid table with half the squad either out or playing with injuries. good to see Llorente survive 90 mins, he will only get better. All good.
    Thanks for the link again (caught the last half hour)
    Missed that 4th goal for my 4-0 Bamford in the score predictions!

  5. #135
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Posts
    1,457
    Quote Originally Posted by WTF11 View Post
    And how could the FA legislate for the impact of COVID on any clubs plans to revamp the playing surface (or not)? The FA isn't paid to manage, nor is it responsible for the state of any pitch, the club that owns it is. ER was a mess before the start of the season and the decision to relay the surface in a hurry has proved to be the wrong one (at least the old surface was predictably sh1te, whereas the new surface is completely unpredictable). The fact that it affects both teams isn't the point, it is dangerous (as Romeus injury (and others), indicates). Leeds should request that we play all matches at the away ground unless and until the ER surface is relaid properly (as was the plan for last summer). With no fans allowed until (possibly) the last game against West Brom any decision to play away from home is of minor significance when set against the possible consequences for all players playing on the current ice rink.

    (And just how many other playing surfaces at any club, newly promoted, big 6 or middling also-rans is exhibiting the same issues that the surface at ER is?)
    Mate the FA is the governing body wake up if they said enough your not playing on that surface that will be the end of it.
    All those fines and deduction of points were that our admin that did it lol come on.
    But you would think for the safety of our own players the club would have done something by now even if it meant we played out home games at another Yorkshire club's ground till it's fixed. As another poster pointed out how many need to get injured for them to wake up.

  6. #136
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    3,139
    Quote Originally Posted by Tichi1 View Post
    It is quite funny to not watch the matchday threads and to only look in after the game [Normally watch both by myself, but the wife is from Southamnpton so watched the game together] to see the comments from the first to the second half - 360 degree switch lol!

    Bielsa as always called it right when he said the score flattered us [Or something similar] but this crazy leauge is like that week in week out - as someone regularly says - "Fine margins"
    Thought their keeper made a few blinding saves but cocked up on Rapha's goal, thought despite Southamptons press - Meslier played the right game - knocking it long when needed, and thought Llorente did pretty good as Philips replacement - and seems to, have come through unscathed - looking forward to seeing this fella get a run of games under his belt, looks quality to me.

    And amazingly that is two out of three penalties given against us, then correctly chalked off by VAR in the last three games
    Exactly the same mate RE match day thread, funny read

  7. #137
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Posts
    11,181
    Quote Originally Posted by ozleeds View Post
    Mate the FA is the governing body wake up if they said enough your not playing on that surface that will be the end of it.
    All those fines and deduction of points were that our admin that did it lol come on.
    But you would think for the safety of our own players the club would have done something by now even if it meant we played out home games at another Yorkshire club's ground till it's fixed. As another poster pointed out how many need to get injured for them to wake up.
    Slightly different tack to your other post where you mention the pitch not having time to settle. Schedule for matches is the FAs responsibility, state and care of pitch (and conforming to the FAs standards) is the clubs. If Leeds thought that the pitch wasn't up to standard (or the FA told them) then something should have been done before seasons start, and if that wasn't possible, then as we are both saying, we should have asked to play home games somewhere else (Yorkshire or elsewhere, makes no difference without fans anyway). Think were violently agreeing as to the danger the pitch poses atm, can't see how we can play the rest of the home games on it.

  8. #138
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Posts
    2,310
    Quote Originally Posted by WTF11 View Post
    Slightly different tack to your other post where you mention the pitch not having time to settle. Schedule for matches is the FAs responsibility, state and care of pitch (and conforming to the FAs standards) is the clubs. If Leeds thought that the pitch wasn't up to standard (or the FA told them) then something should have been done before seasons start, and if that wasn't possible, then as we are both saying, we should have asked to play home games somewhere else (Yorkshire or elsewhere, makes no difference without fans anyway). Think were violently agreeing as to the danger the pitch poses atm, can't see how we can play the rest of the home games on it.
    Thorp Arch for our home games would be nice change. Not exactly a great alternative but at least it has a playable surface.

  9. #139
    Would be a great backdrop too

Page 14 of 14 FirstFirst ... 4121314

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •