+ Visit Queen of the South FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Queens make a profit

Queens make a profit

Great to read this morning that Queens have made a £81,206 profit up until the end of the last financial year ( May 31st 2020 )
    These figures don’t include the money received for the Lyndon Dykes transfer from Livingston to QPR plus extra add ons the club have also received since he went on and represented Scotland.

Great news during these difficult times.

Quote Originally Posted by johnny_dumfries View Post
    Great to read this morning that Queens have made a £81,206 profit up until the end of the last financial year ( May 31st 2020 )
    These figures don’t include the money received for the Lyndon Dykes transfer from Livingston to QPR plus extra add ons the club have also received since he went on and represented Scotland.

Great news during these difficult times.
    The club is clearly on a sound financial footing with more profits to come apparently. Because of the Covid restrictions and in line with other clubs the AGM will be a closed meeting but I do hope that it will be steamed live to the Shareholders. There is the option to ask questions of the board prior to this event so I hope that some of the more typical questions are answered live via a stream if conducted. PR is certainly a weak point for this board so this can represent an opportunity to improve that image.

Quote Originally Posted by Spikefaethesouth View Post
    The club is clearly on a sound financial footing with more profits to come apparently. Because of the Covid restrictions and in line with other clubs the AGM will be a closed meeting but I do hope that it will be steamed live to the Shareholders. There is the option to ask questions of the board prior to this event so I hope that some of the more typical questions are answered live via a stream if conducted. PR is certainly a weak point for this board so this can represent an opportunity to improve that image.

Whilst most other clubs are posting losses we’ve made a profit for the second year in a row and due to the Dykes transfer deal the club has stated it’s expecting to make a profit again next year. All this without supporters and the money they make from the Arena. No matter what anyone says , this is outstanding.

Whilst most other clubs are posting losses we’ve made a profit for the second year in a row and due to the Dykes transfer deal the club has stated it’s expecting to make a profit again next year. All this without supporters and the money they make from the Arena. No matter what anyone says , this is outstanding.
    this is what iv been seeing for the last few years thats pist me off somewhat ,while operating on reduced budgets ,struggling along at the wrong end of the table for years ,to see queens have been rolling over profits make matter worse for me ,what i want to hear from the board is that there going to use this profit to have a punt at promotion ,i just hope thay are not content with keeping queens rolling on the same making these profits with this being the peak of ambition .albeit marking a profit this season i didnt see coming .just shows you what queens can be capable of when the fans start coming back in numbers to add to this ,over to you board lets see how you can use this to propel the club to the next level .and attract the masses back to palmy .
    Last edited by Francis_begbie_HFC; 04-02-2021 at 01:01 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Francis_begbie_HFC View Post
    this is what iv been seeing for the last few years thats pist me off somewhat ,while operating on reduced budgets ,struggling along at the wrong end of the table for years ,to see queens have been rolling over profits make matter worse for me ,what i want to hear from the board is that there going to use this profit to have a punt at promotion ,i just hope thay are not content with keeping queens rolling on the same making these profits with this being the peak of ambition .albeit marking a profit this season i didnt see coming .just shows you what queens can be capable of when the fans start coming back in numbers to add to this ,over to you board lets see how you can use this to propel the club to the next level .and attract the masses back to palmy .

It take it you’re forgetting they lost nearly £200,000 in 2018.

Not now Francis!

Quote Originally Posted by jardi View Post
    Not now Francis!
    Never run a business in his life Jardi and is absolutely clueless.

Never run a business in his life Jardi and is absolutely clueless.

lol is this the cheek starting up again johnny calling me clueless while hiding behind your keyboard ? im mearly pointing out hard facts ,whats the point in running a club at profit while just merely scraping along in survival mode ,there is a massive difference in running a shop or a funeral business compared to a football club ,worlds apart the way each have to be ran , the football club is in the entertainment business and must entertain to a decent level in order to attract an audience ,so cant be ran at a strict business type level ,football is all about how successful you can be which means massive risk taking its a juggling act ,our board have went down the strict business plan currently where all you can hope for is what we have now a stable club running at low profit with limited fans and resources ,do we want that ?? thats the big question ,for me no is the answer and obviously the majority of the local population are in that boat ,so do you continue to cater for the 500 to 1500 diehards or look for the bigger picture ? i know you spike and jardis answer to that ,however i think its arrogant for you people to expect the ones who want alot more for our club to merely accept this way .

lol is this the cheek starting up again johnny calling me clueless while hiding behind your keyboard ? im mearly pointing out hard facts ,whats the point in running a club at profit while just merely scraping along in survival mode ,there is a massive difference in running a shop or a funeral business compared to a football club ,worlds apart the way each have to be ran , the football club is in the entertainment business and must entertain to a decent level in order to attract an audience ,so cant be ran at a strict business type level ,football is all about how successful you can be which means massive risk taking its a juggling act ,our board have went down the strict business plan currently where all you can hope for is what we have now a stable club running at low profit with limited fans and resources ,do we want that ?? thats the big question ,for me no is the answer and obviously the majority of the local population are in that boat ,so do you continue to cater for the 500 to 1500 diehards or look for the bigger picture ? i know you spike and jardis answer to that ,however i think its arrogant for you people to expect the ones who want alot more for our club to merely accept this way .
    What’s the point in running a club at a profit ? - it’s called survival mate

We all aspire and dream of greatness especially as youngsters hoping to be footballers, sportsmen or even rocket scientists until confronted with reality. Just occasionally, fleetingly, we get there as was the case of the cup final and Queens in Europe, you have to say that over again to believe it. No harm in dreaming but even having achieved this pinnacle, Queens making well over a million pound from their adventures, reality soon bit us all in the rear end with the club soon on their knees having squandered that money overpaying players in the hope that we could get to the promised land. Gretna is a prime example of unsustainable overspend. Even at their height it was obvious that this would come crashing down as it was not financially viable and where are they now?
    Reality may be a difficult for the dreamer but until there is a substantial and sustainable increase in the playing budget this will be that-simply a dream.
    Saying it over and over again does not change anything except to become tiresome in the extreme.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)