Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 50

Thread: Joel Mumbongo

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Posts
    32,903

    Joel Mumbongo

    The old Joel Mumbongo threat is way down the page now and has been deleted, but being a Mod I am able to read it and I am stunned by what I have read.

    I have had the privilege to read Alfinyalcabo's posts for over 16 years and he has not got a racist bone in his body, yes he likes a joke and will seem to go over the top, but so do I, and so do a lot of people, but it does not make us racist, NOT ONE BIT.

    We have told jokes in previous times on this site about Jews, Catholics, Folk with Disabilities, Blacks, Germans, French, Pakistanis, Indians, Americans, Women and all the rest, it does not mean we are racist towards any of them, and I thought that we all took pride in being able to have a laugh and when outsiders called us Racists well it was their choice even though they were wrong, just remember the threads I used to do every week "One for the day" with the videos/gifs, some was way over the top and one poster got the hump because it was not something he liked, you stood by that gif BT and said he was a mard arse; I have spelled his name wrong a couple of times on match threads, so what ? Alf is right, he's not good enough which is not really his fault but Garlicks for us not having many decent players in the squad to call a proper team, he's been thrown in through no fault of his own and IMO it may destroy him and his future, so Dyche has himself IMO took more than respect out of Joel not Alf on a bloody message board, and just because he's a Burnley player means absolutely nothing, as I've said on another thread.

    IMO I think Chris, Sinkov and Sub's observations on that thread are spot on, and the point you make BT about Mumbongo not being white but black is splitting hairs, honestly it makes you no different from BLM followers and the tin pot group who call themselves the PC brigade who could have an argument with a paper clip.

    I took pride on coming on here when Tony Scholes left, I felt I could speak my mind with the rest of the posters, but obviously with what has happened with Alf it does not look like the same board anymore, so I will restrict myself to "The Days Other Games" thread until I find another Forum post freely, take the Mod duties away from me or ban me if you like BT, as I don't care anymore because I'm all for free speech (which is gradually being taken away from us) as long as it is used in fun or banter, but folk (like you have) who imply its Racist or unfair are on a different planet than me.

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Posts
    35,958
    Cheers for the support Alto,I've said my piece on the closed thread.I really don't know what has got into BT.. Let me know if you find another forum and I will follow you over,no point staying around if your opinion is not wanted whatevr it is.

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Posts
    32,903
    You are a good lad Alf, but I would have supported anyone, even if I didnt see eye to eye with them on other things, its always been principles with me Alf, opinions are like arseholes in that everyone has them, some right, some wrong, but a lot of folk in this world just wait for something to jump on to find it not PC or Racist in their eyes and become and seemingly want to be offended, which they find very important, more important than other worse things happening around them in our world, its pathetic and some are jumping on the so called sheep racism trek, which I find shallow, but like I say, its opinions which I may not like and in general and I can suffer it, but I feel strongly about this whole nonsense of making people not being able to speak for fear of someone garnishing it with racism when its nothing of the sort, which he actually contradicted himself in the other thread.

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Posts
    35,958
    Thinks Alto,I know lot of my posts are sarcastic and having a laugh,but the offending post there was no racial undertones in it whatsoever..Anyway I will giveBT the benefit of the doubt,maybe he has had a bad day as we all do sometimes. No offence taken and I will be back tomorrow more stronger. Hope you will to..life's to short to hold grudges .

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Posts
    2,386
    Hope very much you will both be staying.

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Posts
    12,540
    They're not the only ones who might not be staying, I've better things to do with my time than contribute to forums where my posts can be deleted on the whim of one person. On verra.

  7. #7
    Quote Originally Posted by Altobelli View Post
    The old Joel Mumbongo threat is way down the page now and has been deleted, but being a Mod I am able to read it and I am stunned by what I have read.

    I have had the privilege to read Alfinyalcabo's posts for over 16 years and he has not got a racist bone in his body, yes he likes a joke and will seem to go over the top, but so do I, and so do a lot of people, but it does not make us racist, NOT ONE BIT.

    We have told jokes in previous times on this site about Jews, Catholics, Folk with Disabilities, Blacks, Germans, French, Pakistanis, Indians, Americans, Women and all the rest, it does not mean we are racist towards any of them, and I thought that we all took pride in being able to have a laugh and when outsiders called us Racists well it was their choice even though they were wrong, just remember the threads I used to do every week "One for the day" with the videos/gifs, some was way over the top and one poster got the hump because it was not something he liked, you stood by that gif BT and said he was a mard arse; I have spelled his name wrong a couple of times on match threads, so what ? Alf is right, he's not good enough which is not really his fault but Garlicks for us not having many decent players in the squad to call a proper team, he's been thrown in through no fault of his own and IMO it may destroy him and his future, so Dyche has himself IMO took more than respect out of Joel not Alf on a bloody message board, and just because he's a Burnley player means absolutely nothing, as I've said on another thread.

    IMO I think Chris, Sinkov and Sub's observations on that thread are spot on, and the point you make BT about Mumbongo not being white but black is splitting hairs, honestly it makes you no different from BLM followers and the tin pot group who call themselves the PC brigade who could have an argument with a paper clip.

    I took pride on coming on here when Tony Scholes left, I felt I could speak my mind with the rest of the posters, but obviously with what has happened with Alf it does not look like the same board anymore, so I will restrict myself to "The Days Other Games" thread until I find another Forum post freely, take the Mod duties away from me or ban me if you like BT, as I don't care anymore because I'm all for free speech (which is gradually being taken away from us) as long as it is used in fun or banter, but folk (like you have) who imply its Racist or unfair are on a different planet than me.
    How hard was it for you to spell Mumbongo Alto?

    I notice you did not feel the need to head the thread Joel Numbongo.

    I stand by my response; offensive, puerile nonsense is not welcome on this forum. I remember an occasion when you and me had an altercation about a "Yid", but both of us felt there was no need to throw the baby out of the bathwater.

    If Alf can't spell that's his problem, but you, me and Alf all know he can. I will repeat to you what I said to sinkov, changing a spelling mistake is not moderation.

  8. #8
    Quote Originally Posted by alfinyalcabo View Post
    Cheers for the support Alto,I've said my piece on the closed thread.I really don't know what has got into BT.. Let me know if you find another forum and I will follow you over,no point staying around if your opinion is not wanted whatevr it is.
    Silly me, I thought this new thread was about one of our footballers.

  9. #9
    Quote Originally Posted by sinkov View Post
    They're not the only ones who might not be staying, I've better things to do with my time than contribute to forums where my posts can be deleted on the whim of one person. On verra.
    If someone tells me I can't do something, they usually find the opposite is true sinkov. Please give me one example in the last five years where one of your individual posts on Clarets Mad have been deleted on the whim of one person?

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Posts
    12,540
    Quote Originally Posted by The Bedlington Terrier View Post
    If someone tells me I can't do something, they usually find the opposite is true sinkov. Please give me one example in the last five years where one of your individual posts on Clarets Mad have been deleted on the whim of one person?
    It wasn't just my post BT, an entire thread which I had contributed to was deleted. Why ?

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •