+ Visit Burnley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Joel Mumbongo

Aye-up, i thought I'd logged on t'other forum. Let's just put this behind us and move on. This place was like a breath of fresh air after CT's random moderation.

Quote Originally Posted by kritichris View Post
    This place was like a breath of fresh air after CT's random moderation.
    Indeed it was Chris, I'll use the past tense as you do, random moderation a la CT seems to have arrived here now.

Quote Originally Posted by sinkov View Post
    It wasn't just my post BT, an entire thread which I had contributed to was deleted. Why ?
    If you can recall sinkov, someone was playing baby houses and said I did not know how to close a thread. The thread was no longer about Joel Mumbongo so I saw little point in carrying on with it.

A bit arbitrary I know and in hindsight I could have handled my response to Alf's "Numbongo" thread a lot better, but like you constantly advocate I thought it best for me to "stop digging a hole" and close the thread.

This storm in a teacup is exactly the reason I use the tool of moderation so sparingly.

We live, we learn and hopefully do not try to create unnecessary brouhaha.

Has your arm fell off yet?

Quote Originally Posted by The Bedlington Terrier View Post
    I remember an occasion when you and me had an altercation about a "Yid", but both of us felt there was no need to throw the baby out of the bathwater.
    Exactly BT, The Yids at White Hart Lane (at the time) did not feel anything was wrong with it, the Jewish community did not make much of a fuss about it, but faceless folk hiding behind a wall of PC and speak this certain way did, along with all the sheep on MOTD, Sky and everyone else who follows "the flavour of the day" because they are in the limelight and earning plenty of money and don't want the money to stop rolling in by being honest and speaking their mind.

I'm still of the mind of calling people from other Countries what other have called them for many years, like Paddies, nips, sheep shaggers, slant eye's, chica's, frogs, huns, pakis and all the rest, I'll say it on here, I'll say it to your face and even in the presence of a Policeman which I actually did last month (and I did not apologise as I had done or said nothing wrong), if they want to call it racist then that is their problem because I know I am NOT.

You have changed BT, I once asked you on here who you was, Dr Jekyll or Mr Hyde as you seemed to be changing your attitude every day on a whole heap of subjects, so this last outburst comes as no real surprise for me.

Altering one letter in someone's post is Moderation whichever way you want to dress it up.

If you feel you need to run this Forum with the same attitude and lines of nonsense of the faceless PC Muppets (trying to insinuate that what we have said is insulting, offensive or racist when it is nothing of the sort ) then carry on BT, its your baby, but I was never willing to toe Carrot Phonies line, the PC line or yours.

Indeed it was Chris, I'll use the past tense as you do, random moderation a la CT seems to have arrived here now.
    Bollox.

My use of the past tense wasn't intended, you could say it was imperfect.

Quote Originally Posted by Altobelli View Post
    Exactly BT, The Yids at White Hart Lane (at the time) did not feel anything was wrong with it, the Jewish community did not make much of a fuss about it, but faceless folk hiding behind a wall of PC and speak this certain way did, along with all the sheep on MOTD, Sky and everyone else who follows "the flavour of the day" because they are in the limelight and earning plenty of money and don't want the money to stop rolling in by being honest and speaking their mind.

I'm still of the mind of calling people from other Countries what other have called them for many years, like Paddies, nips, sheep shaggers, slant eye's, chica's, frogs, huns, pakis and all the rest, I'll say it on here, I'll say it to your face and even in the presence of a Policeman which I actually did last month (and I did not apologise as I had done or said nothing wrong), if they want to call it racist then that is their problem because I know I am NOT.

You have changed BT, I once asked you on here who you was, Dr Jekyll or Mr Hyde as you seemed to be changing your attitude every day on a whole heap of subjects, so this last outburst comes as no real surprise for me.

Altering one letter in someone's post is Moderation whichever way you want to dress it up.

If you feel you need to run this Forum with the same attitude and lines of nonsense of the faceless PC Muppets (trying to insinuate that what we have said is insulting, offensive or racist when it is nothing of the sort ) then carry on BT, its your baby, but I was never willing to toe Carrot Phonies line, the PC line or yours.
    I will ask you one last time Alto why you did not title the thread "Joel Numbongo"?

I will ask you one last time Alto why you did not title the thread "Joel Numbongo"?
    Because he isn't a sarcastic phooker like me.. Numbongo just seemed to fit him at that time of the day after a dreadful performance all round. Get over it FFS ..

Bollox.
    To use your own words BT, "I saw little point in carrying on with it ", so you closed it. On a whim you closed a thread, because YOU didn't like the way it was going, which is precisely how CT operates. And no, I didn't see anyone playing babyhouse, it had disappeared before I saw any of that, so I have no idea who or what you're talking about, it was all perfectly sensible and reasonable the last time I saw the thread.

That's it, follow a politicians stance and ignore the context of the post/words.

Joke Numbongo, Jew Nomboo boo, its a bloody name.

And if I had of titled the thread Joel Numbongo it probably would have been Moderated or deleted by someone who is too sensitive and following the PC line.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)