+ Visit West Bromwich Albion FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Foreign Travel.

Quote Originally Posted by WBA1955 View Post
    To be honest I can never understand why anyone is obsessed with going abroad, especially at a time like this.
    We live in the greatest and most beautiful diverse country in the world.
    I have been lucky enough to have had holidays abroad since the early sixties, to most European countries and America, and never once did I think I would like to live there.
    After ten days I was looking forward to coming home.
    I’ve felt like that about most places I’ve visited but the two exceptions were New York and Australia.

If I’d gone to NY in my early 20’s I’d probably have stayed.

Australia was magnificent, if I’d gone on my own early in life or with my young family thirty years ago I’d have definitely stayed.

Better climate, so much to do and a lot less lowlife and w a n k e r s than we have here.

In three weeks I didn’t see a single incident of antisocial behaviour regardless of the time of day or night.

They seem capable of keeping their streets clean as well.

Quote Originally Posted by WBA1955 View Post
    To be honest I can never understand why anyone is obsessed with going abroad, especially at a time like this.
    We live in the greatest and most beautiful diverse country in the world.
    I have been lucky enough to have had holidays abroad since the early sixties, to most European countries and America, and never once did I think I would like to live there.
    After ten days I was looking forward to coming home.

Sunshine and heat Des. I can totally understand why many retire overseas to live in the heat - it makes you feel good - feel younger - the heat helps things like arthritis and other illnesses.

Who would want to stay in the country freezing their balls off with the low life we have and being ripped off with high prices.

Overseas every time for me

Quote Originally Posted by Leicesterbaggie View Post
    None of the above are applicable to him.
    Shop the *******!

I love our season's,all of them.
    I would hate to be somewhere that is hot all the year, but I suppose everyone is different.

My wife is afraid of flying last time we flew was in the 80s,then she said that's it not getting on a plane again.
    We went a few times to Spain on the coach, what a tiring holiday.
    So now we just stop in our country and take our dog.
    The year before I met my wife I was making plans to emigrate to Canada, who knows how life would panned out.
    We have such great family's, that I never gave it another thought. Probably the reason most people don't emigrate.
    Mate's who did seem to have done better and said if you have a good trade you are more appreciated not just it terms of money, but respect.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)