+ Visit Burnley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Blasts from the past.

Blasts from the past.

Looking back for something in particular, which I couldn't find, I came across these comments accidentally. I found them interesting, given where we are now. I'm not trying to prove anyone wrong, that's easy using hindsight, so I'm not identifying the posters concerned.

July 2019.

"Nice to see Ali Kioki, Josh Benson & Jimmy Dunne all getting game time tonight and by all accounts showing good potential, with our Improved facility's, Premierleague status and the offer of a pathway, we must be a bigger attraction to young potential talent than has been the case for a long time. The Academy, Youth Team and U23 squad can provide us with young, hungry, potential talent showing comittment to BFC that can take us forward long term. Training with and playing games with the first team will be invaluable to the young players development, motivation and the clubs reputation, i'm of the opinion this is the right way to go for us."

I'm still waiting.

July 2019

"I have not seen him yet because I rarely do Friendlies, but apparently the way young Benson shapes might mean we don't need to buy another midfield player. Just saying."

We bought Brownhill, which is just as well.

July 2019 On investment into the club.

"It seems to me that the only realistic alternative is to attract a mega rich sugar daddy. And it COULD work.
    Do you really believe if we had interest from such a person then we would ignore it? I am sure that our board would do their due diligence and thoroughly check them out. The country is littered with clubs who have taken this option and now bitterly regret it. Leeds being one. So we can only assume that this sugar daddy who would pass our due diligence test doesn't exist - yet. Let's face it, Burnley is a small town with very limited support to call on. It is not a global brand. The amount of money we can potentially generate is very limited by Prem standards. So why would a rich investor choose us?"

We didn't get the mega rich sugar daddy, the board's due diligence seems to have extended not much further than ensuring that Garlick and John B came out of it well, and as to why our rich investor has chosen us I'm not sure, is anyone ?

July 2019

"Afternoon Sinkov! You are on record as basically saying that you think our board are sh1te and the only good person we have in decision making is Sean. That's fair enough."

Yes, seemed fair enough back then, and even fairer now.

I'm confused sinkov, are you advocating Sean Dyche acquires a crystal ball?

Quote Originally Posted by sinkov View Post
    Looking back for something in particular, which I couldn't find, I came across these comments accidentally. I found them interesting, given where we are now. I'm not trying to prove anyone wrong, that's easy using hindsight, so I'm not identifying the posters concerned.

July 2019.

"Nice to see Ali Kioki, Josh Benson & Jimmy Dunne all getting game time tonight and by all accounts showing good potential, with our Improved facility's, Premierleague status and the offer of a pathway, we must be a bigger attraction to young potential talent than has been the case for a long time. The Academy, Youth Team and U23 squad can provide us with young, hungry, potential talent showing comittment to BFC that can take us forward long term. Training with and playing games with the first team will be invaluable to the young players development, motivation and the clubs reputation, i'm of the opinion this is the right way to go for us."

I'm still waiting.

Be patient......

July 2019

"I have not seen him yet because I rarely do Friendlies, but apparently the way young Benson shapes might mean we don't need to buy another midfield player. Just saying."

We bought Brownhill, which is just as well.

Benson is obviously a Arsenal reject-he has none of the typical assets of an Arsenal player or the assets of a typical Burnley player for that matter.

July 2019 On investment into the club.

"It seems to me that the only realistic alternative is to attract a mega rich sugar daddy. And it COULD work.
    Do you really believe if we had interest from such a person then we would ignore it? I am sure that our board would do their due diligence and thoroughly check them out. The country is littered with clubs who have taken this option and now bitterly regret it. Leeds being one. So we can only assume that this sugar daddy who would pass our due diligence test doesn't exist - yet. Let's face it, Burnley is a small town with very limited support to call on. It is not a global brand. The amount of money we can potentially generate is very limited by Prem standards. So why would a rich investor choose us?"

We didn't get the mega rich sugar daddy, the board's due diligence seems to have extended not much further than ensuring that Garlick and John B came out of it well, and as to why our rich investor has chosen us I'm not sure, is anyone ?

Because they will be taking money out of the club as soon as possible.

July 2019

"Afternoon Sinkov! You are on record as basically saying that you think our board are sh1te and the only good person we have in decision making is Sean. That's fair enough."

Fair as anything said so far.

Quote Originally Posted by The Bedlington Terrier View Post
    I'm confused sinkov, are you advocating Sean Dyche acquires a crystal ball?
    You've got me there BT, just saw some posts on an old thread and thought they made interesting reading, not sure where crystal balls come in.

Quote Originally Posted by sinkov View Post

July 2019

If he was plissed off with the board - how Burnley were being run - he would've legged it some time ago....but as he's reminded us on many occasion - "he'd like an open wallet, bring in some real talent - but this is Burnley, it's not realistic"...He is/was happy with his lot...which included the board, Garlick et al.

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)