+ Visit Newcastle United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Brighton v palace

Brighton v palace

Tonight's football

I think Fulham will stay up its Brighton and Burnley I think we are fighting with.

Holy ****. Benteke.

Whens the last time that cnt scored?

95th minute to win it. Brighton have had a monster amount of clean sheets this year.

I'm not convinced that was the best result for us.

bear with me...

Palace are shite and I think could have been marooned on 29 points for a while whereas Brighton, although they're only a point off us, are worlds away in terms not only their quality of football but also their potential to pick up points. Granted, they couldn't put their chances away but Sky reckoned they had 44 shots, 25 on target whereas Palace had 2 touches in the box the whole game and scored with both of them. I think brighton will be able to pull away more easily than Palace.

Moot point now anyway as they ony need 2 more wins max to stay up.

Between us, Burnley and Fulham.

Hmm...I'm sure they said 44 during the game...

Regardless, that was such a blatant robbery it'll be on Crimewatch next time round.

Quote Originally Posted by Zippity View Post
    I'm not convinced that was the best result for us.

bear with me...

Palace are shite and I think could have been marooned on 29 points for a while whereas Brighton, although they're only a point off us, are worlds away in terms not only their quality of football but also their potential to pick up points. Granted, they couldn't put their chances away but Sky reckoned they had 44 shots, 25 on target whereas Palace had 2 touches in the box the whole game and scored with both of them. I think brighton will be able to pull away more easily than Palace.

Moot point now anyway as they ony need 2 more wins max to stay up.

Between us, Burnley and Fulham.
    That is some good reasoning.

Annoyingly I think you're right.

Brighton play really good attacking football.My hope though (as forlorn as it may be) is that this result may knock the stuffing out of them albeit in the short term.I agree though, they dont deserve to go down, based upon recent performances.

Quote Originally Posted by jacapus View Post
    Brighton play really good attacking football.My hope though (as forlorn as it may be) is that this result may knock the stuffing out of them albeit in the short term.I agree though, they dont deserve to go down, based upon recent performances.
    They have a manager good enough to keep them up. I can see them pushing on next season.

Quote Originally Posted by toptoon View Post
    They have a manager good enough to keep them up. I can see them pushing on next season.
    They also have a committed chairman who readily puts his hands deep into his pockets for the benefit of the club.

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)