+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 18 of 19 FirstFirst ... 816171819 LastLast

Thread: Match Thread vs. Stockport County 23.02.21 [NL]

We've more chance of getting promoted as champions than in the playoffs, why ? because Ardley will bottle it like last time, he's supposed to install fear into our opponents not in our own players. Respect the point.

Quote Originally Posted by PedroTheFisherman66 View Post
    Ps nearly forgot to respond to your bull5hit about our defense.
    Why do you talk out your ar5e..
    I have never said we are lucky defensive so why would you think it?
    I have said we have a good defensive record because of his negative approach and on many occasions as that is why I cany stand Ardleys approach.
    He sacrifices attacking for defence it's simple.
    You have even agreed I just fony get where get your 5hit from..!

As posters have mentioned stop being a sausage.
    Stick to facts or opinions..but stop making 5hit up...!
    My wish..
    We get promotion but we also get rid of Ardley.
    For the good of the club not for my well being.!
    Read what I put again before getting all riled up. "I always thought...." They are the key words you've chosen to ignore or miss. Because your buddy Davy says so often that a big part of the reason why Notts haven't conceded many goals is luck, he doesn't think we have a great defence and every time he puts it and you read it you never disagree so assumed you must agree. He must have written that half a dozen times at least on threads you were fully involved in. Maybe you missed them all.

Calm down flower. It's nice to see you acknowledge the stunning record at last and I agree a big part of it is Ardley's setup and overall defensive approval to game. It has made us very solid and hard to beat this year. I've also said we sacrifice attack for defence, we've only got one side of the equation bang on. The other needs improvement without doubt, balanced view.

It's wrong to view one and not the other which I've noticed a few do on here and even more on Facebook Ken which I'm sure you've spotted. Criticise the players and manager for the lack of goals but praise both for their defending.and defensive setup.

Nothing made up, all 100% facts and my opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by laddo View Post
    I know trust me but Pedro likes to ask questions, and he doesn't always realise there is a middle ground. It's not always black and white (poor pun intended).

We are heading for the playoffs due to the combination our great defensive performances and misfiring attacking performances. I think the people predicting we won't make the playoffs are wrong.
    I have explained this to you many times before, there is no middle ground Laddo, put simply at the end of the season we are either a league 2 club ie promoted or we remain in the National league ( failure)

Read what I put again before getting all riled up. "I always thought...." They are the key words you've chosen to ignore or miss. Because your buddy Davy says so often that a big part of the reason why Notts haven't conceded many goals is luck, he doesn't think we have a great defence and every time he puts it and you read it you never disagree so assumed you must agree. He must have written that half a dozen times at least on threads you were fully involved in. Maybe you missed them all.

Calm down flower. It's nice to see you acknowledge the stunning record at last and I agree a big part of it is Ardley's setup and overall defensive approval to game. It has made us very solid and hard to beat this year. I've also said we sacrifice attack for defence, we've only got one side of the equation bang on. The other needs improvement without doubt, balanced view.

It's wrong to view one and not the other which I've noticed a few do on here and even more on Facebook Ken which I'm sure you've spotted. Criticise the players and manager for the lack of goals but praise both for their defending.and defensive setup.

I said we have only had the best defensive record for the last few matches, up until then other teams had a better defence, and in my opinion that has been down to luck, ie Dag @R missing a penelty and hardly testing a makeshift goal keeper, more there poor form than anything, even last night Stockport goal ruled out, and missed 2 sitters
    But never the less we have a good defence, but why harp on about that being the be all and end all, because it is not, to counter only 6 teams in the entire division have scored less goals, and 2 of them 6 teams only 1 goal less

The fact is against Stockport , it was a typical paly for the point game, that we barely managed to get. Ardley set the game up with no real intention of winning, what did their goal keeper have to do ??
    To top it all off, i hear Ardley wants s to bring in a right back, says it all about his approach, why not bring in a striker or attacking mid fielder

I think I've asked you before not to do my thinking.
    What's that saying about assuming ?
    It makes an ass of you.
    You still dont get it do you.
    We are in the national league,there is no need to be so defensive.
    We have a manager who doesn't know how to attack.
    His mind set is to defend.
    This has cost us our place in the football league and failure to get promotion.
    No body on here disagrees that we have a good defensive record , lucky or not.

He is what he is, no matter how much you stamp your feet and moan it won't change his approach or his tenure as a manager. That is ultimately his style add to the fact we have lost two key attacking players this season has also contributed to this conservative / defensive approach.

You just need to have more patience you now know a change won't happen during the season thank god, the rest of us have known for quite awhile.

I see you are referring back to the relegation season again. You seem to have forgotten that the main reason Ardley was appointed was due to a lack of defence under Nolan/Kewell.

How many goals had we conceded that season prior to his arrival? We were conceding an average of over 2 goals a game. That played a huge part in the relegation but should we forget about that part of football?

He was a defensive player, his mindset is indeed to set up to defend. It's important you get that boring part of football right or you end up getting relegated from the football league.

He is what he is, no matter how much you stamp your feet and moan it won't change his approach or his tenure as a manager. That is ultimately his style add to the fact we have lost two key attacking players this season has also contributed to this conservative / defensive approach.

You just need to have more patience you now know a change won't happen during the season thank god, the rest of us have known for quite awhile.

I see you are referring back to the relegation season again. You seem to have forgotten that the main reason Ardley was appointed was due to a lack of defence under Nolan/Kewell.

How many goals had we conceded that season prior to his arrival? We were conceding an average of over 2 goals a game. That played a huge part in the relegation but should we forget about that part of football?

He was a defensive player, his mindset is indeed to set up to defend. It's important you get that boring part of football right or you end up getting relegated from the football league.
    More patience, we had this defensive rubbish served up for 2 and a half seasons - Yawn

It's like talking to a 2 year old..
    Yes I know hes here for the season..doesn't mean I have to agree with it or does it?
    I'm not sure what goes on in your world.
    Losing 2 attacking players has not added tohis conservative play at all.
    It would be the same system hes adopted for 2 plus seasons and counting.
    Sorry to remind you but it is a fact.
    He got us relegated he also had the luxury of signing a new defense which kewel did not.
    Just some basic facts for you to cogitate on..
    I dont know how we end up disagreeing as you agree with us that Ardley is to defensive minded.
    I think you do anyway as you say one thing and then contradict yourself in the same breath

Quote Originally Posted by maddogslater View Post
    We've more chance of getting promoted as champions than in the playoffs, why ? because Ardley will bottle it like last timet.
    That's always in the back of my mind. Making the Play offs will feel like we've blown it. Might not be the case but I wouldn't be confident.

It could be that or it maybe that you are very one sided and are consumed by your agenda.

You don't have to agree with it but try being a little more balanced.

To state that the reason we lost our place in the football league was due to Ardley's mindset to defend is simplistic to the extreme but more importantly inaccurate.

Will ask again how many goals had we conceded in that relegation season before Ardley had even stepped into Meadow Lane as the Notts manager.

Just have a quick look back through the games from the start of the season up to Ardley's first game in charge. I will give you a heads up you might need a calculator

Any new manager coming to club who has conceded nearly 40 goals in under 20 games is bound to go defensive. Our defensive record was embarrassing and clearly needed addressing. We conceded 84 goals that season. Is that a Notts record?

He's defensive minded, he's here till the seasons conclusion, his defensive mindset is not the reason we got relegated.

If his approach doesn't work this, get rid#noexcuses

Page 18 of 19 FirstFirst ... 816171819 LastLast