+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 19 of 19 FirstFirst ... 9171819

Thread: Match Thread vs. Stockport County 23.02.21 [NL]

Quote Originally Posted by laddo View Post
    It could be that or it maybe that you are very one sided and are consumed by your agenda.

You don't have to agree with it but try being a little more balanced.

To state that the reason we lost our place in the football league was due to Ardley's mindset to defend is simplistic to the extreme but more importantly inaccurate.

Will ask again how many goals had we conceded in that relegation season before Ardley had even stepped into Meadow Lane as the Notts manager.

Just have a quick look back through the games from the start of the season up to Ardley's first game in charge. I will give you a heads up you might need a calculator

Any new manager coming to club who has conceded nearly 40 goals in under 20 games is bound to go defensive. Our defensive record was embarrassing and clearly needed addressing. We conceded 84 goals that season. Is that a Notts record?

He's defensive minded, he's here till the seasons conclusion, his defensive mindset is not the reason we got relegated.

If his approach doesn't work this, get rid#noexcuses
    Why is it one sided?
    We are to defensive full stop..or do you disagree when you have actually agreed.
    Why was it wrong to say his defensive mind set got us relegated.
    We didnt score enough goals to win us enough points pure and simple.
    It doesn't matter how many goals we stopped conceding when he signed a new defence we still didnt score enough goals to win matches.
    Playing a midfield and a defence to defend is going to minimise goals conceded.
    It is also going to limit the number of chances you create.
    Hence the lack of number of chances created then and now.
    It's not rocket science or brain surgery .

Because you have an agenda which you acknowledge.

I agree with all most of that, it's not an easy balance to get right, very few do.

We are too defensive IMO, but it wouldn't take a huge change it shift to get the balance right.

It was wrong for the reasons I stated above, you aren't winning many games conceding a minimum of 2 goals every game. It's very rare you will stay up needing at least 2 goals to even get a draw out of a game.

The final league table said it all we conceded 84 goals (The worst) , 10 more than the next worse record and considerably worse than all those involved in that relegation battle.

We didn't score enough goals true but it was the lessor problem, we didn't score the least amount of goals in the league (joint 5th worst).

5th Vs 1st and not in the good sense.

That is why it's wrong to say his defensive mindset was the reason for our relegation. Ignoring the obvious off field issues the main (onfield) reason was those 84 goals we let in, well that's what the stats tell us.

Now if he doesn't get us up this season then people can rightly say his conservative/negative approach was the reason we failed to get promoted this season but it's his chosen approach.

Again, this has all been fully covered before and his now confined to the history books.

Let's look forward and see what happens in the remainder of the season. It could very well another playoff situation for the Stylish Magpies.

Quote Originally Posted by laddo View Post
    Because you have an agenda which you acknowledge.

I agree with all most of that, it's not an easy balance to get right, very few do.

We are too defensive IMO, but it wouldn't take a huge change it shift to get the balance right.

It was wrong for the reasons I stated above, you aren't winning many games conceding a minimum of 2 goals every game. It's very rare you will stay up needing at least 2 goals to even get a draw out of a game.

The final league table said it all we conceded 84 goals (The worst) , 10 more than the next worse record and considerably worse than all those involved in that relegation battle.

We didn't score enough goals true but it was the lessor problem, we didn't score the least amount of goals in the league (joint 5th worst).

5th Vs 1st and not in the good sense.

That is why it's wrong to say his defensive mindset was the reason for our relegation. Ignoring the obvious off field issues the main (onfield) reason was those 84 goals we let in, well that's what the stats tell us.

Now if he doesn't get us up this season then people can rightly say his conservative/negative approach was the reason we failed to get promoted this season but it's his chosen approach.

Again, this has all been fully covered before and his now confined to the history books.

Let's look forward and see what happens in the remainder of the season. It could very well another playoff situation for the Stylish Magpies.
    Again we will have to agree to disagree about the relegation flop.
    I am now thinking it was all Pedro Richard's fault.!
    I now need to change my avatar !!

Page 19 of 19 FirstFirst ... 9171819