+ Visit Barnsley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Barnsley v Stoke City Match Thoughts

Ugly game, beautiful goals, great result. It was no footballing master class but it is job done.
    Mowatt didn't have the best of games, few did, maybe the midfield engine room needs a rest and Styles can move into his roll for a game and Kane comes in, just a thought.
    Nice to keep a clean sheet, I think it was a great team effort, although Mads still had me nervous at times. It's not that he's as bad a defender as he was even he first came, but he is a clumsy one, I still insist he's a penalty out two waiting to happen and sometimes with his clearances, the ball comes down with snow on it, two feet away from where it was originally.
    Styles goal was excellent. Goalie didn't stand an chance of saving it.
    DK took his chance well. First actual chance he's had to score and he does. Hope there's more to come as I like the big Yank and think him and Morris are a great pairing and should start together more often. I can't knock Woodrow though, his work rate is second to none he just needs to find his scoring boots again. It'll come, I just hope it's sooner rather than later.
    Great result Tykes. Let's keep going and enjoying this rollercoaster season as best we can, until it finishes.

Quote Originally Posted by fantykestic View Post
    Ugly game, beautiful goals, great result. It was no footballing master class but it is job done.
    Mowatt didn't have the best of games, few did, maybe the midfield engine room needs a rest and Styles can move into his roll for a game and Kane comes in, just a thought.
    Nice to keep a clean sheet, I think it was a great team effort, although Mads still had me nervous at times. It's not that he's as bad a defender as he was even he first came, but he is a clumsy one, I still insist he's a penalty out two waiting to happen and sometimes with his clearances, the ball comes down with snow on it, two feet away from where it was originally.
    Styles goal was excellent. Goalie didn't stand an chance of saving it.
    DK took his chance well. First actual chance he's had to score and he does. Hope there's more to come as I like the big Yank and think him and Morris are a great pairing and should start together more often. I can't knock Woodrow though, his work rate is second to none he just needs to find his scoring boots again. It'll come, I just hope it's sooner rather than later.
    Great result Tykes. Let's keep going and enjoying this rollercoaster season as best we can, until it finishes.
    Yes it wasn't a classic but Barnsley managed the game, wind and opposition well. Certainly in the 2nd half I never felt Stoke would score it was just whether reds could get the 2nd to make it feel more comfortable. I just think back to those 2 games v Stoke last season and some of the shocking goals we conceded and how poor the defending was yet here we are and how individuals like sibbick and Andersen have come on leaps and bounds. In fact the whole team defend better now.
    It may not have been pleasant on the eye but last night showed how far the side have come since Stoke last season.

Quote Originally Posted by manc_tyke View Post
    Yes it wasn't a classic but Barnsley managed the game, wind and opposition well. Certainly in the 2nd half I never felt Stoke would score it was just whether reds could get the 2nd to make it feel more comfortable. I just think back to those 2 games v Stoke last season and some of the shocking goals we conceded and how poor the defending was yet here we are and how individuals like sibbick and Andersen have come on leaps and bounds. In fact the whole team defend better now.
    It may not have been pleasant on the eye but last night showed how far the side have come since Stoke last season.
    Totally agree Manc , the improvement is staggering .

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345