+ Visit Barnsley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Barnsley v Stoke City Match Thoughts

Barnsley v Stoke City Match Thoughts

A reight banana skin of a game if ever I saw one .

Depending where your expectation level is set this could be a difficult night for those with play off aspirations .

Start winning these type of games and the one on setday and I might start believing missen .

Not expecting a great game tomorrow could be one of Val's hoof ball nights and it could be a reight battle .

I wouldn't be surprised if it gets a bit tasty tomorrow night either , Stoke might fancy trying to bully our lads which could be interesting .

Quote Originally Posted by animallittle3 View Post
    A reight banana skin of a game if ever I saw one .

Depending where your expectation level is set this could be a difficult night for those with play off aspirations .

Start winning these type of games and the one on setday and I might start believing missen .

Not expecting a great game tomorrow could be one of Val's hoof ball nights and it could be a reight battle .

I wouldn't be surprised if it gets a bit tasty tomorrow night either , Stoke might fancy trying to bully our lads which could be interesting .
    All games in this league are difficult.
    But if we can win this one then it will set a benchmark - as Stoke are in the same bracket as Barnsley as one of those teams that could push for a top six position at the end.
    If we beat Stoke the rest of the run in looks nearly all winnable - but as I said, all games in this league are difficult.

I've got to be honest one of the things I like best about this squad is their ability to stand toe to toe with the bullying aspect on the pitch and not lose their heads!
    You don't see this bunch of lads squaring up to an opponent because of a bad tackle or surrounding the ref, they seem to get their own back during play usually ending in a yellow card.
    We could use this to advantage tomorrow night, without doubt Stoke will try the some dirty tricks and off the ball stuff with players like Fletcher and McLean but as always keeping your cool makes the bully frustrated and they could end up with a sending off like they did when we drew 2-2 in the last game at Oakwell?

Wins tonight please for Bristol, Luton and Wycombe please

Agree that it'll be a sh1thouse game this one. We did well at the bet365 stadium earlier this season and should've won that night. We are a different proposition now but Stoke ev only lost 3 times on the road this season so fair play to em. Draw for me this one

This used to be a really good fixture for us, up until more recent times I only ever saw them win at ours once. And that was 0-2 on boxing day in '86.
    Of course they totally did us 2-4 here last season and that was a flattering score for us on the day. But remember that was under Struber, we're not that weak relegation struggling team anymore, are we!.
    Stoke are in some good form so a draw/point might be a good result, lets see.

Quote Originally Posted by Young_Nudger View Post
    All games in this league are difficult.
    But if we can win this one then it will set a benchmark - as Stoke are in the same bracket as Barnsley as one of those teams that could push for a top six position at the end.
    If we beat Stoke the rest of the run in looks nearly all winnable - but as I said, all games in this league are difficult.
    I’ll take 3 points from the next 6!!

Hate this club since some b@stud picked my wallet out of my pocket queuing to get in at their place years ago when they couldn’t open enough gates. (To be fair it was “one of our own” that lifted it, ......In the crush to get in......

I said earlier.....
    “Safety
    Just looking at the fixtures........
    Predicting when we will get the final points to be safe ( too soon???)
    I’m predicting Reading at Home .......”

Now we Could be safe in the next two games!
    Next target.....Send the Terriers down . Then finish seventh
    Last edited by Jules88; 24-02-2021 at 12:56 AM.

After last nights results tonight's game is a great opportunity for both clubs to seriously believe a play off spot is a possibility. So with it will come more pressure, let's hope we perform on the night. 3 points please Lads!

It will be nice to get 50 odd points as soon as possible & enjoy watching others struggle to stay up for a change.

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast