+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Can the FA remove VAR if they so wish to?

Can the FA remove VAR if they so wish to?

....or is this a must and governed by UEFA? If it is a UEFA directive, then surely the FA can choose to dump it now we are no longer part of the European Union.

I'm not and never have been a fan of VAR as it is open to massive debate and, even some muppet sat in a warm office somewhere is still getting it wrong. Have you seen the Blades denial of a clear cut penalty last Saturday? Prime example.

I would rather leave it to the man in the middle, and yes they are only human so we've accepted mistakes for many many years now. The only electronic aid I would like to see, is 'Hawkeye' being used to show a ball has fully crossed the line.

what made you think we are no longer part of th E U? we are in the Matrix being brainwashed.

a conspiracy.

Quote Originally Posted by Brin View Post
    If it is a UEFA directive, then surely the FA can choose to dump it now we are no longer part of the European Union.
    Is this serious or a joke??

Quote Originally Posted by Brin View Post
    ....or is this a must and governed by UEFA? If it is a UEFA directive, then surely the FA can choose to dump it now we are no longer part of the European Union.

I'm not and never have been a fan of VAR as it is open to massive debate and, even some muppet sat in a warm office somewhere is still getting it wrong. Have you seen the Blades denial of a clear cut penalty last Saturday? Prime example.

I would rather leave it to the man in the middle, and yes they are only human so we've accepted mistakes for many many years now. The only electronic aid I would like to see, is 'Hawkeye' being used to show a ball has fully crossed the line.
    Well Hawkeye might have to change its name anyway. Due to the name’s connections to American Indian tribes. Hawkeye being a character in The Last of the Mohicans by James Fenimore Cooper.

It just saved Leeds from a penalty, the ref gave it, VAR told him to review, he did and changed his mind as he'd been conned. I'd say keep it and continue to refine it.

Not for me, I wouldn’t miss it

Quote Originally Posted by CAMiller View Post
    It just saved Leeds from a penalty, the ref gave it, VAR told him to review, he did and changed his mind as he'd been conned. I'd say keep it and continue to refine it.
    How do you refine incompetence?

Quote Originally Posted by Grist_To_The_Mill View Post
    Well Hawkeye might have to change its name anyway. Due to the name’s connections to American Indian tribes. Hawkeye being a character in The Last of the Mohicans by James Fenimore Cooper.
    It is a long time since I read Last of the Mohicans, but surely Hawkeye was a white hunter and scout. The closest he comes to being a North American Indian is through his friendship with Chingachgook, a Mohican

That would be like demanding that John Smith changed his name because he slept with Pocahontas.

See the Sheff Utd refusal of a slam dunk penalty, go to 1 minute into the video if you wish to view it. The fool who reviewed it sat in an office told the Ref it wasn't a penalty....unbelievable!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast