+ Visit West Bromwich Albion FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Gordan Mc Queen

Gordan Mc Queen

At the age of 68 he has been diagnosed of Vascular Dementia.
    It's a terrible illness , my Mom died of this.

Saw him play a lot for Leeds in the 70’s and he was an awesome player especially in the air.

Scored against us in the 3-5 match.

Thats sad news to hear, and remember he kind of disappeared from Sky as a regular pundit didn't he, a few years ago. And I think that was down to illness as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Acido View Post
    Thats sad news to hear, and remember he kind of disappeared from Sky as a regular pundit didn't he, a few years ago. And I think that was down to illness as well.
    ........OR.......that he wasn’t black, gay, gender blender, non f u c k I n g binary or that he liked sticking an orange in his mouth whilst hanging himself naked in a Premier Inn closet!

Quote Originally Posted by Acido View Post
    Yes he had throat cancer. Not saying much but have met him socially on several times through a mutual mate. He and his wife still live locally and I have to say he is a great bloke. Used to remind him of the 5-3 win every time but he took it in good spirit. Footballer from a greater age and such a shame. Always was surprised that in real life he didn’t seem such a ‘man mountain’ as he did on the pitch.

Another young player 19, with a head injury.
    https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football...gKMFhAYIBpScP0

Quote Originally Posted by Yarmbaggie View Post
    Yes he had throat cancer. Not saying much but have met him socially on several times through a mutual mate. He and his wife still live locally and I have to say he is a great bloke. Used to remind him of the 5-3 win every time but he took it in good spirit. Footballer from a greater age and such a shame. Always was surprised that in real life he didn’t seem such a ‘man mountain’ as he did on the pitch.
    Yes that's what I thought it was Yarm, I heard it was a serious illness, and not the PC thing which Sky came up with in more recent times.

Ohh and I share a birthday with Gordon btw.

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)