+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 8 of 12 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast

Thread: Nottingham Forest Post Match Thoughts

FFS Warney then why not makes subs at HT?

Paul Davis
    @paulm_davis
    ·
    12h
    Paul Warne feels recent schedule - Bournemouth away, Norwich away - had a bearing on tonight. "Dead on our feet," says #rufc boss. "I could feel it at half-time."

Another thing to moan about get rid of kit person

Quote Originally Posted by gru View Post
    I don't look for notoriety. Facts I go on everytime ball was in the air last night defending our goal Johansson didn't have a clue how to deal with it. Just flapped at it most of the time.
    Viktor got man of match award AGAIN last night - not bad for someone who, according to you, couldn't catch a cold.

What if your mate Vickers played? Would we have to get the Queen down to NYS on 'stand by' ready to give him a night hood??

Quote Originally Posted by flourbasher View Post
    I had hoped that with the arrivals of Barlasser and latterly Wing we would have had more composure and they would drive a better approach throughout the team

I think they have to a degree but certainly not last night
    I think they can and do drive us forward when they are given the ball. The issue is they rarely get given the ball from the defence, it's just hoofed over their heads and before they know it the move has broken down due to said ball being pretty aimless and they are back running around trying to defend again. Rinse and repeat. Robertson is our only CB who actually looks to play the ball on the floor through midfield. Sometimes you just have to be braver, yes there are times to hoof it away and clear the lines but that shouldn't be the default setting. Look to pass and if you can't then go longer or clear if needs be.

Quote Originally Posted by Gainsbro_Miller View Post
    Viktor got man of match award AGAIN last night - not bad for someone who, according to you, couldn't catch a cold.

What if your mate Vickers played? Would we have to get the Queen down to NYS on 'stand by' ready to give him a night hood??
    Deserve MOTM? Absolutely. Brilliant saves? Absolutely. Glad he is in the team? Full house. However, because of his stature, keenness and inexperience he doesn't fill me with hope when balls come in the box. I think he will improve and get better in that regard and to say we should drop him is ludicrous but gru has a point about balls in the box.

Okay here we go. Based on recent evidence two things seem to occur to me. The team dynamic of passing and energy revolve around the inclusion of one man and that is Jamie Lindsay. His absence is a massive detriment to the team. The other based on the last few games is that Victor has been the signing of the season so far.

The match. The team looked dead on their feet from the start. Passing was almost none existent. Only once did we put about 6 passes together and we ended up in their box. Smudge and Tree were the least effective that they have been and wiles looks shot. Only the management team know why Harding is playing on the left when we have a young loanee who is left footed and a great crosser. Oh and the crossing, well I bet their goalie doesn't need to do any high stretches today because he got all his exercise in last night. And did anyone tell Icky that he was 9 points?

Embarrassing at times and a well deserved defeat. their goal was probably offside but I saw only one of our players half waive his arm about in protest.

To sum up: Lethargic, mindless (hoofball when there's a strong wind) and on this occasion bad management (should have been more team changes). And I am a fan of Warney and team. They need to act and fast.

What has happend to the football we were playing? The last 3 games has seen us revert to just thumping it up the field and cross your fingers we get something from it. Pathetic! I thought Warny said he believed in the players? Apperantly he does not.

Sorry guys, but the ball came off one of your lots head.

Still you won't go down down though. You beat Derby twice.

Quote Originally Posted by Trickytreesreds View Post

Has the offside rule changed? He was in an offside position when the ball was kicked. Stop gloating on your 3 points obtained under false pretences!

Quote Originally Posted by Trickytreesreds View Post

I just watched again on ESPN+ replay. First ball in where everyone was offside did balloon up off a Rotherham head but when it came down the ball touched through to the scorer (who was just offside - VAR would have confirmed by the hair on his left knee) was off a Figueiredo's thigh.

The save Johansson pulled off about 5 minutes before the goal from Murray's header (offside) was outstanding.

Page 8 of 12 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast