+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Rawlinson

Quote Originally Posted by laddo View Post
    A great piece of recruitment, I've been impressed with him from the start. Great desire always and the key skills a centre half needs on display each game.

He could be heading for back to back Player of the Season awards due to level of consistency which must be the best in the squad.
    If we manage to get to the final, Ardley will probably drop him again..

And durhampie you are surely the only Notts fan who rated Bird better than Rawlinson last season. That's last season's Player of the Season Connell Rawlinson so I'm guessing you wouldn't start him for any play off final past or potentially future.

And durhampie you are surely the only Notts fan who rated Bird better than Rawlinson last season. That's last season's Player of the Season Connell Rawlinson so I'm guessing you wouldn't start him for any play off final past or potentially future.
    For someone who wants to make the board a better place you certainly do a pretty good job of making it a worse place me duck. He's a negative nanny but he;s our negative nanny so let him be!

Definitely Ardley's best signing for me.

Quote Originally Posted by queenslandpie View Post
    For someone who wants to make the board a better place you certainly do a pretty good job of making it a worse place me duck. He's a negative nanny but he;s our negative nanny so let him be!
    QLD he is but imagine if he put something positive on here. You know mixed it up a little, not regularly let's not go crazy here but just once?!

Just highlighting the blatant irony of his post after his comments last season.

Agree with Matt, the manager's best signing based on perfomances alone.

QLD he is but imagine if he put something positive on here. You know mixed it up a little, not regularly let's not go crazy here but just once?!

Just highlighting the blatant irony of his post after his comments last season.

Agree with Matt, the manager's best signing based on perfomances alone.
    Why does it matter to you what Durham posts?

Because he can't get to grips with anyone who speaks the truth..

I can only echo other peoples positive comments about Rawlinson. For some years probably since the like of Mike Edwards was in the first team we needed two good proper old school central defenders. It was one area that we just never seemed to get quite right. I'm sure it was a topic that was debated a lot on here when we used to be conceding two goals a game on a regular basis.

I think central defence is one area that the club has vastly improved on recruitment wise. Rawlinson alongside Lacey are arguably the two best central defenders in this league in my opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by countygump View Post
    Why does it matter to you what Durham posts?
    What? Why does it matter to anyone what anyone else posts on that basis?

It's a message board we all react to other people's posts that's how it works.

To answer your question specifically re. durhampie. Because as you know Negative Nelly only posts negative comments , 99% of the time on here it's been the same for as long as I can remember. It's weird.

He also has no grasp of the concept of the benefit of hindsight. He makes bold statements from his armchair which appears to still be located in the late 70s-80s period and some of them are awful including this beauty.

Saying Bird was one of our best 2 centre halves during last season was badly wrong IMO. When quizzed further he said he is/was better than Rawlinson was even worse. I'm sure you agree Gump?

He's now criticising the manager who signed him for Notts (excellent recruitment btw) that if we reach a play off final he will be dropped. The irony levels are off the charts.

Quote Originally Posted by durhampie View Post
    Because he can't get to grips with anyone who speaks the truth..
    I love the truth. You just said it because Bird is from Nottingham and was let go. So he instantly became better than Rawlinson, Lacey and Turner. When in fact he wasn't any better than Graham that season.

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast