+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast

Thread: Rawlinson

Ffs.

Quote Originally Posted by SwalePie View Post
    Ffs.
    Yep, that is beyond weird! Mine was a simple and direct binary question that only required a yes or no answer, either would have sufficed. The reason I asked it is that if the answer he opted for was "no, I'm not prepared to repeat it to your face" (which certainly seems to be the one he's gone for), then surely the No Nuts insult is at least redundant and probably reversed.

Regarding the three questions laddo, I've already said that I can't meet Kyle (he asked to meet me by the way) because of Covid restrictions. Once they are lifted, I'll happily meet him and from our private messages I'm sure it will lead to a very friendly discussion. As for the other two questions I can't answer them, because I don't have a f@cking clue what you are on about.

To get back to the original thread. Rawlinson is what he is...... a good lower level CB. He is a good player at this level. Having never played at a level higher than EFL league 2 at 30 he is probably not likely too in the future. He has had a great run free of injury and is playing really well for us and long may it continue

I agree with all of the positive comments above.

The lack of a good, consistent, reliable centre-half for several seasons was as big a factor as any in the decline that eventually culminated in us losing our league status. Connell Rawlinson is that good, consistent, reliable centre half and must be considered one of our best value signings for a long time. Not only does he do his own job with an efficient, no-nonsense style, but I think he leads by example and lifts the game of the other defenders playing alongside him, just like Steady Eddy did in his pomp.

Good to be back on topic, thank you.

Rawlinson best performing player so far this season? I can only think of Wootton who comes close, not as consistent but as important due to his goals and style of play.

Rawlinson is a great player, when things have been bad, in his interviews he comes across the guy to sort us out and he has been. We're lucky to have him.

Quote Originally Posted by Stan Marshall View Post
    Yes, he’s been excellent for us. So reliable, week in, week out.
    Not anymore!!
    Now ive been a huge supporter of our defence but the last few league games are beginning to show some cracks in our defence. Rawls looks injured to me. I dont know what his stats are atm but he looks like he does very little running and we are defending deeper and deeper because of it. His partner Lacey is struggling too against strong aggressive centre forwards particularly in the air. Rawls needs a break and this weekends postponement will help but Tuesday is just around the corner. I am worried now as Turner is probably 2 or 3 weeks away. The problem is that if the gaffa brings in a CB he has to be able to hit the floor running and do what Rawlinson was doing really well. Not an easy find then imo

Quote Originally Posted by Kelton View Post
    Not anymore!!
    Now ive been a huge supporter of our defence but the last few league games are beginning to show some cracks in our defence. Rawls looks injured to me. I dont know what his stats are atm but he looks like he does very little running and we are defending deeper and deeper because of it. His partner Lacey is struggling too against strong aggressive centre forwards particularly in the air. Rawls needs a break and this weekends postponement will help but Tuesday is just around the corner. I am worried now as Turner is probably 2 or 3 weeks away. The problem is that if the gaffa brings in a CB he has to be able to hit the floor running and do what Rawlinson was doing really well. Not an easy find then imo
    That's the problem with playing 3 games every 8 days. Some fans go on about players should be able to play twice a week and shouldn't moan, but they get a niggling injury, play on and make it worse then miss a load of games. This is the worst season I can remember for injuries for all teams.

Quote Originally Posted by i961pie View Post
    That's the problem with playing 3 games every 8 days. Some fans go on about players should be able to play twice a week and shouldn't moan, but they get a niggling injury, play on and make it worse then miss a load of games. This is the worst season I can remember for injuries for all teams.
    The decision not to replace Sam Graham in January was odd, especially given the pending fixture list - which has only grown worse since - and the word at the time that we wanted to bring someone in on loan. Maybe that gets harder when the other club knows they’re not going to get a game every week. Given that, are there no decent upcoming centre halves furloughed at NLN/S level we can bring in?

Squad rotation was generally successful last season, but I guess we had more players to choose from and perhaps the manager trusted the fringe players more than he does this season’s bunch? Far from ideal that we had to play both Lacey and Rawlinson against Oxford City, especially after the latter’s heroics against Stockport in the previous game.

Quote Originally Posted by nw6pie View Post
    The decision not to replace Sam Graham in January was odd, especially given the pending fixture list - which has only grown worse since - and the word at the time that we wanted to bring someone in on loan. Maybe that gets harder when the other club knows they’re not going to get a game every week. Given that, are there no decent upcoming centre halves furloughed at NLN/S level we can bring in?

Squad rotation was generally successful last season, but I guess we had more players to choose from and perhaps the manager trusted the fringe players more than he does this season’s bunch? Far from ideal that we had to play both Lacey and Rawlinson against Oxford City, especially after the latter’s heroics against Stockport in the previous game.
    Agreed, there must be someone who is now furloughed who would be good enough and available and who would be interested in Joining Notts from one of those clubs....Surely???

Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast