+ Visit West Bromwich Albion FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Doesn’t it bother you

There’s no doubt the Government were too slow to react at the start of the pandemic. And for sure they have made some big mistakes. But could Labour have done better ... I doubt it very much. And I agree with Mick’s comment above ..... since Cummings disappeared over the horizon the Government have improved. I actually quite like Boris’ roadmap out of lockdown .... going quickly enough and giving everyone hope .... without being reckless .....

Quote Originally Posted by regis80 View Post
    that Mat Hancokc awarded a government contract to his mate? His excuse, is he put lives at less risk by doing so.. oh yeah that’s why we have 120k plus deaths.

Vaccine passports, I just wonder who is going to win that lucrative contract? any guesses?

Labour let the average working man down, i hear you say. This government is rinsing us dry. Had it not been for the furlough (which is tax payers are paying for) unemployment would be so much higher. I give up, we’re screwed.
    The one question that Boris dodged on Monday wouldn't answer was who had been awarded the contracts for PPE and if they had been legally put up for tender.
    He looked at the floor.
    A lot of businesses will go under this year but some will make an absolute fortune, any guesses have on which ones?
    It's also a back door way of privatising the NHS.
    Covid must have been seen as a godsend by some.

Quote Originally Posted by WBA1955 View Post
    The one question that Boris dodged on Monday wouldn't answer was who had been awarded the contracts for PPE and if they had been legally put up for tender.
    He looked at the floor.
    A lot of businesses will go under this year but some will make an absolute fortune, any guesses have on which ones?
    It's also a back door way of privatising the NHS.
    Covid must have been seen as a godsend by some.

Good point Des! Also Boris said he will revisit ( and never has ) - University fees and University Accommodation ( Halls or Private Landlord). Uni Students have had lessons on line so at least 50% of their fees should be reimbursed and accommodation costs written off! These kids must be suicidal with these debts while a good many on furlough have shafted the government by sitting at home and doing nothing and still working - same applies to companies who turn over millions and then applied for furlough. Fair's fair!

What about Company Directors who may not have been drawing a wage ( new start up ) etc etc and not been able to claim f uck all!

There has to be a review but I believe that it should be done once everyone has been vaccinated, which is probably at the end of the Summer. My only hope is that the review is constructive and not a political witch-hunt. We must use any review as a way putting building blocks in place to enable us to meet any future virus with confidence.

Quote Originally Posted by TipperaryBaggie View Post
    There has to be a review but I believe that it should be done once everyone has been vaccinated, which is probably at the end of the Summer. My only hope is that the review is constructive and not a political witch-hunt. We must use any review as a way putting building blocks in place to enable us to meet any future virus with confidence.
    Agree Tipp we need a drains up lessons learning exercise not a witch hunt, what we learn now through honest and transparent review will I am sure save lives in the future as sadly with over population and pressures that brings I think this type of pandemic is something we will need to live with and manage in the future.

Quote Originally Posted by mickd1961 View Post
    All governments are corrupt Regis, some are both corrupt and inept.

Nobody in their right mind thinks Corbyn and his lunatics could’ve handled this any better.

If there’s been wrongdoing in the awarding of contracts to D I l d o and other Tory cronies I hope it’s properly punished after this is over, I’m sure Channel 4 and others are already working on big exposes of these things.

As for the number of dead though mate......in all honesty I’m going to be blunt, I’m sick of hearing about the number of dead.

Winter flu deaths are about 0.01% ( I believe ) of normal levels and I personally know of people who have died in the last year, not tested positive for Covid but who have had Covid put on the death certificate😲🤔

They should report the number of additional dead compared to a normal winter.

Like an MP said the other day, you’re allowed to die from literally anything other than Covid in the U.K. now, dying from Covid causes much waving of arms and gnashing of teeth, it’s ridiculous.

People die.....I know it’s news to some but it’s a fact.
    I know this won't be news to you,

But it looks like I'm not in my right mind!

Its hypothetical, and he was the reason I didn't vote Labour for the first time in my life at the last election. But I still genuinely do think a Labour Government under Corbyn would have handled this better than the current lot.

Quote Originally Posted by regis80 View Post
    That’s just a poor response VB. What the hell has Corbyn got to do with this? He’s long gone.
    That said he’d at least given the nhs workers a pay rise.. nearly a year of this pandemic and yet no financial recognition/award given to nhs.. but billions given away in lucrative contracts like Dido harding. But yeah let’s drag Corbyn into this. No government in charge should behave this way.

One word to describe them.. CORRUPTION!!
    100%. Our PM and his cabinet are as corrupt a government as you will find in the western world.

Quote Originally Posted by boingy View Post
    I think the Government has been excellent. They have had to balance loads of stuff, and have had to make the decisions that no one one would want to be in a position to have to make. All the criticisers are the blot on the landscape. Not one member of the media or opposition has given a generous thanks, maybe the odd begrudging thanks followed by but. If you expect no mistakes by Government members you are living in cloud cuckoo land. WE ALL MAKE MISTAKES. EVERY SINGLE ONE OF US. Accept that simple fact and you can have a peaceful morning instead of choking on your coffee all the time.
    Holy Christ. Where to begin...

Lets go straight back to the start of the pandemic when Boris Johnson missed 5 COBRA meetings about Covid. Would you say that was excellent governing from him?

As for thanking them, Wow. If a Tory politician turns up at my doorstep in the next election I will not be thanking them - I will probably ask them how they look at themselves in the mirror each day.

No matter what people in high office or even in just management,do or don’t do.your dammed if you do and dammed if you f#cking don’t..

Yes, let's forget Corbyn, the biggest disaster in British politics, and focus on the here and now. Of course Johnson has made mistakes and on occasions I have been his biggest critic but what we have to remember is that no government in modern day history has had to face the unknown like he and this government have had to. Please don't tell me that 'hindsight' Starmer would have done any better, because he wouldn't. It's the easiest job in the world to be the opposition as you can criticise when things go wrong and be quiet when, as he has been the case since Johnson's latest proposals, they appear to be the correct ones. I accept that not all will agree with his latest proposals, that's in both parties, but to my mind by staggering each new derestriction it will enable us to see which have been successful and which haven't. By having too many at one time, the problem can't be identified.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)