+ Visit West Bromwich Albion FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Doesn’t it bother you

Doesn’t it bother you

that Mat Hancokc awarded a government contract to his mate? His excuse, is he put lives at less risk by doing so.. oh yeah that’s why we have 120k plus deaths.

Vaccine passports, I just wonder who is going to win that lucrative contract? any guesses?

Labour let the average working man down, i hear you say. This government is rinsing us dry. Had it not been for the furlough (which is tax payers are paying for) unemployment would be so much higher. I give up, we’re screwed.

I think if Labour had got in mr corbyn would be negotiating with covids mates Ebola and the plague to see if they want to come here as well

Quote Originally Posted by viaductbaggies View Post
    I think if Labour had got in mr corbyn would be negotiating with covids mates Ebola and the plague to see if they want to come here as well
    That’s just a poor response VB. What the hell has Corbyn got to do with this? He’s long gone.
    That said he’d at least given the nhs workers a pay rise.. nearly a year of this pandemic and yet no financial recognition/award given to nhs.. but billions given away in lucrative contracts like Dido harding. But yeah let’s drag Corbyn into this. No government in charge should behave this way.

One word to describe them.. CORRUPTION!!

Yet more than half of firms are planning to hire people with a big bounce-back in the economy forecasted, and Labour continue to lag behind in opinion polls vs this shower. We need a better opposition that comes up with better ideas rather than simply criticise what has gone before.

All governments are corrupt Regis, some are both corrupt and inept.

Nobody in their right mind thinks Corbyn and his lunatics could’ve handled this any better.

If there’s been wrongdoing in the awarding of contracts to D I l d o and other Tory cronies I hope it’s properly punished after this is over, I’m sure Channel 4 and others are already working on big exposes of these things.

As for the number of dead though mate......in all honesty I’m going to be blunt, I’m sick of hearing about the number of dead.

Winter flu deaths are about 0.01% ( I believe ) of normal levels and I personally know of people who have died in the last year, not tested positive for Covid but who have had Covid put on the death certificate😲🤔

They should report the number of additional dead compared to a normal winter.

Like an MP said the other day, you’re allowed to die from literally anything other than Covid in the U.K. now, dying from Covid causes much waving of arms and gnashing of teeth, it’s ridiculous.

People die.....I know it’s news to some but it’s a fact.

Quote Originally Posted by regis80 View Post
    That’s just a poor response VB. What the hell has Corbyn got to do with this? He’s long gone.
    That said he’d at least given the nhs workers a pay rise.. nearly a year of this pandemic and yet no financial recognition/award given to nhs.. but billions given away in lucrative contracts like Dido harding. But yeah let’s drag Corbyn into this. No government in charge should behave this way.

One word to describe them.. CORRUPTION!!
    Corbin hasn’t been ‘dragged into this’, had Labour won the last election it would have been Corbin as our PM and saddled with dealing with COVID. Nobody can say anyone else would have done better than this government, not because this lot have been great, but because nobody alive has dealt with this situation before. This government has made mistakes, the awarding of lucrative contracts being especially heinous and yes, Matt the Health Secretary is particularly guilty in this respect. I would be 100% certain though, that good old Jeremy would have ****** it up good and proper; don’t forget that he would have aided and abetted by the numerically challenged Diane Abbott!

It’s impossible to argue that the total handling of the last 12 months has been a faultless exercise but there’s no doubt that there’s been a big improvement since that t W a t Cummings was sacked.

Our vaccination program is the envy of the world, Israel were the standard bearer initially but they have a population of 8.7m compared to our 67m.

I also think we do have a cracking testing set up now.

My wife has to undergo a medical procedure on Friday and needed a Covid test today in preparation.

Booked in advance, seen 15 minutes early and results by Thursday.

Once track and trace is at the same standard we are set fair for the future.

This Tory government is a Left Wing as New Labour was and its why they’ll get in again next time and the time after that unless Labour find a new Blair.

I’m always open minded with politics and voted twice for Blair but I see nobody even on the horizon for Labour.

No doubt though, at some point that “talking head” Owen Whatsit will be pushed forward by the Marksist element or someone like him.

It’s a pity time has passed him by because I though Alistair Darling was a terrific minister who would’ve made a very good PM........unfortunately we got Gordon Brown instead due to his stitch up with Blair at Granita back in the day.

Quote Originally Posted by westcountryvillain View Post
    Yet more than half of firms are planning to hire people with a big bounce-back in the economy forecasted, and Labour continue to lag behind in opinion polls vs this shower. We need a better opposition that comes up with better ideas rather than simply criticise what has gone before.
    I wouldn't take any notice of opinion polls at the moment because for a lot of people the worst part of the pandemic is to come particularly in the more deprived areas of the country when the Furlough scheme ends a lot of people will loose their jobs, and the average person will also be poorer because we will have to start paying back the countries debt, we also have the uncertainty of brexit and potential food shortages and other issues, i personally think Boris will be off as soon as he can and leave someone else to try and sort out the mess the country will be in.

I think the Government has been excellent. They have had to balance loads of stuff, and have had to make the decisions that no one one would want to be in a position to have to make. All the criticisers are the blot on the landscape. Not one member of the media or opposition has given a generous thanks, maybe the odd begrudging thanks followed by but. If you expect no mistakes by Government members you are living in cloud cuckoo land. WE ALL MAKE MISTAKES. EVERY SINGLE ONE OF US. Accept that simple fact and you can have a peaceful morning instead of choking on your coffee all the time.

Quote Originally Posted by mickd1961 View Post
    All governments are corrupt Regis, some are both corrupt and inept.

Nobody in their right mind thinks Corbyn and his lunatics could’ve handled this any better.

If there’s been wrongdoing in the awarding of contracts to D I l d o and other Tory cronies I hope it’s properly punished after this is over, I’m sure Channel 4 and others are already working on big exposes of these things.

As for the number of dead though mate......in all honesty I’m going to be blunt, I’m sick of hearing about the number of dead.

Winter flu deaths are about 0.01% ( I believe ) of normal levels and I personally know of people who have died in the last year, not tested positive for Covid but who have had Covid put on the death certificate😲🤔

Like an MP said the other day, you’re allowed to die from literally anything other than Covid in the U.K. now, dying from Covid causes much waving of arms and gnashing of teeth, it’s ridiculous.

People die.....I know it’s news to some but it’s a fact.
    ”As for the number of dead though mate......in all honesty I’m going to be blunt, I’m sick of hearing about the number of dead.

People die.....I know it’s news to some but it’s a fact.”

Agreed, I don’t know how it works in GB, but, over here, if I have Corona without knowing it (which happen to a lot of people) and I am run over by a bus and die, I’ll get in the Corona death statistics... 😳

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)