+ Visit Derby County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: O/T Vaccine Passport

.... or, on the other hand, and in the interests of balance.... didn't they tell us at the start that once 60% had been infected we'd have herd immunity? Won't 60% inocculated give us the same?

Quote Originally Posted by Andy_Faber View Post
    I take the other perspective rA, it's to ALLOW me to do things, not PREVENT others from doing things, although that might well be a consequence of course. Crims will be crims
    I share your perspective, AF...but then I suspect you and I are reasonable, law abiding individuals. It’s the lowest common denominators amongst us who will jeopardise things.

is it ever thus, society always has to function at the lowest level of itself.

Example: I'm currently doing some work with the county council on "active travel" programmes. Cycle paths, walking routes etc to ease congestion and pollution. All good green stuff, but the biggest concern arising is that if people use bikes they will need safe secure storage or monitored parking wherever they might go to stop the cycles being stolen or vandalised.

A sad, but understandable, limitation on a positive eco-development by the LCD. And we dont even have many scousers in Surrey!

Quote Originally Posted by Geoff Parkstone View Post

Example: I'm currently doing some work with the county council on "active travel" programmes. Cycle paths, walking routes etc to ease congestion and pollution. All good green stuff, but the biggest concern arising is that if people use bikes they will need safe secure storage or monitored parking wherever they might go to stop the cycles being stolen or vandalised.

A sad, but understandable, limitation on a positive eco-development by the LCD. And we dont even have many scousers in Surrey!
    Plenty of Crawl(ey)ers though!

Good point, well made from the Dutchman imo.

Actually Crawley is in Sus***!

Very true that GP. I have a 2k plus e bike. Brilliant, but leaves you a nervous wreck when you anchor it and walk away.

I've got a battered old warhorse Giant I use to potter about the village. Unlikely that'll get nicked. My Guerciotti Alero, 20 speed racing job with Carbon forks on the other hand, never gets left anywhere unattended, locked or otherwise.

The current Alero is all carbon and the frame alone costs £1000. Mine is the previous model with aluminium frame and carbon forks. The carbon job was launched in 2013. I bought mine, complete, in August 2014 in an "end of line" sale for €750.

Actually Crawley is in Sus***!
    I stand corrected. Must be close...is it a border town that Surrey rejected?

its not far away, but Surrey CC equivalent of Donald Trump is trying to get a wall built along the county boundary to keep the Crawlicanos out.

Quote Originally Posted by ramAnag View Post
    Hmmm...hadn’t I just said that only without the unnecessary personalised attack?
    I find it rather amusing that someone who constantly spouts right wing libertarian propaganda should be in favour of an ID card, whereby the government would have access to and control over your personal data! A wee bit contradictory, but hey dumb is as dumb does.

The thing about passports, driving licences etc. is that firstly the data on them is limited and there is limited access and secondly you voluntarily own these and provide the information. A Police Officer or other government official can't stop you in the street and demand you produce them.

An ID card would have considerable amounts of personal data, managed by government, all liable to hacking, leaking or simple human error. Not a comfortable idea thank you very much.

I mean this country did fight a war partly because we didn't want that sort of society!

People who have something to hide, will just get around the system, the evidence from France and Germany where they do have ID cards shows they don't reduce crime or illegal immigration, so what exactly would be their purpose? The cost would run into many millions, money that could be better spent on the NHS or improved policing for example.

I'm not sure what underage con merchants are but its clearly an obsession of Thicky's.

What the hells an NY number rA?

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)