+ Visit Derby County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Thread: O/T Vaccine Passport

Quote Originally Posted by ramAnag View Post

Off for a long walk now to take advantage of the beautiful weather, grab some fresh air and come to terms with the possibility that I’ve inadvertently agreed with Tricky.
    I believe there's a vaccine on the way

Quote Originally Posted by Trickytreesreds View Post
    All i want to know is, can you get one if you ask for one?

Some countries it seems, are only going to allow visitors that have been vaccinated.
    If thats the case, I'd like to have official proof I have, so the passport can come out again.
    Sod the civil liberties brigade, if a country wants proof then I'd like to have it.
    You should have kept the little sticker they gave you Tricky. Legal proof of vaccination!

Quote Originally Posted by Geoff Parkstone View Post
    A fascinating transition from liberal to fascist in one short post! Whilst I can sort of understand where you're coming from, as long as the no vax minority is say no more than 10% all they will do is give covid to each other and either die or get immunity through having had it (a sort of "tough vax") .

Assuming vax integrity, they are unlikely to adversely effect others??
    It would appear you're getting different "information" than us in the Netherlands. What we are being told they KNOW is the following:

1. The vaccine will stop you getting ill enough from Covid to have to go into hospital/ICU
    2. They don't know if the vaccine actually stops you gettin infected by Covid
    3. They don't know if the vaccine prevents you infecting others if you have Covid

You should have kept the little sticker they gave you Tricky. Legal proof of vaccination!
    I've still got the card, it also has my second jab date on it.
    But what I am asking is. How would this be presented with a passport to get back abroad?

Quote Originally Posted by MadAmster View Post
    It would appear you're getting different "information" than us in the Netherlands. What we are being told they KNOW is the following:

1. The vaccine will stop you getting ill enough from Covid to have to go into hospital/ICU
    3. They don't know if the vaccine prevents you infecting others if you have Covid
    slightly different (re AZ only).

1 is prefaced with 'the efficacy is reduced by...' (sorry can't recall the amount but maybe it was 65%)
    2 is therefore a logical extension of 1
    3 same, always been the case

Quote Originally Posted by MadAmster View Post

Therefore we know:

1. No vaccine means you have no increased protection over your natural immunity of preventing serious or fatal illness.
    2. No vaccine means there is nothing to stop you getting infected, ergo you are at greater risk of 1.
    3. No vaccine means the general populous risk infecting others who are not vaccinated, increasing risk of 1 and 2.

If natural immunity is sought, does that mean catching Covid on a yearly basis, or twice within a short period on a yearly basis?

It's an individual choice, but it does affect others, especially if they lose someone that would have otherwise survived if vaccinated.

Quote Originally Posted by AdiSalisbury View Post
    Therefore we know:

1. No vaccine means you have no increased protection over your natural immunity of preventing serious or fatal illness.
    2. No vaccine means there is nothing to stop you getting infected, ergo you are at greater risk of 1.
    3. No vaccine means the general populous risk infecting others who are not vaccinated, increasing risk of 1 and 2.

If natural immunity is sought, does that mean catching Covid on a yearly basis, or twice within a short period on a yearly basis?

It's an individual choice, but it does affect others, especially if they lose someone that would have otherwise survived if vaccinated.
    Bugger natural immunity give me a booster

Name:  ARN52278.jpg
Views: 43
Size:  22.3 KB

Name:  ARN52278.jpg
Views: 43
Size:  22.3 KB
    Prefer Mavericks but that’ll do

Quote Originally Posted by Andy_Faber View Post
    But 'they' have all that info anyway, they gave it us in the first place.
    Actually "they" don't! Different branches of "they" might have different pieces of data according to what you have on a voluntary basis signed up to - in order to connect those pieces together "they" need specific reasons and specific recorded authorisation. It isn't all on one massive database under the control and use of the government.

It would cost billions to set up and millions each year to run, a complete and utter waste of money, which from the evidence in other countries does not stop crime, enable easier investigation of crime, or tackle illegal immigration.

So whilst I understand the complacency against creeping state control and data gathering, fair enough people rarely realise what is happening until its too late, on what grounds would the cost be justified?

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)