+ Visit Derby County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Thread: O/T Vaccine Passport

Quote Originally Posted by Geoff Parkstone View Post
    so why are you breaching lockdown to visit Stoke. It has to be an incredibly good reason to draw you to that ****hole
    Is it possible to get to Stoke from Derby? (I have seriously been asked that, it ranks alongside asking 'how much is this please' in Poundland as an alltime daft question)

so why are you breaching lockdown to visit Stoke. It has to be an incredibly good reason to draw you to that ****hole
    ‘Breaching lockdown?’ I’m allowed to visit a garage to have my car serviced...I live equidistant between Stoke and Derby...I have to visit a main dealer...oddly they do the same job for £100 quid less in Stoke than Derby.

Looks like the EU wants to push vaccine passports through and stop those without one doing international travel. Which country is hitting the brake? The Netherlands. Rutte has said he understands why some are demanding one to be enforced but there are a lot of issues to be addressed before moving ahead with any plans. Among the issues Rutte wants discussing are:

1. EHCR says you can't be forced to have a vaccine (integrity of your own body)
    2. Dutch Law says the same
    3. What about people who haven't had one for medical, religious and other reasons enshrined by the EHCR and national Law

Far too many people to be banned from international travel. It's not certain this "EU vaccination passport" will see the light of day.

Well if its inappropriate, oppressive and not wanted by many people it sounds right up there as a sure fire EU certainty

With respect MA, of the people you mention, the only ones I have sympathy for are those, like yourself, who are reluctant to be vaccinated for genuine medical reasons.

In the short term at least I am generally in favour of vaccination passports and I think that only people who should be exempt are those with a doctor’s certificate to suggest that a Covid vaccination could be damaging to their health.

To those who put any other form of religious/moral belief above the ‘common good’ I’d say...fair enough, your choice, but don’t expect to enjoy the same freedoms as the rest of us in the meantime.

A fascinating transition from liberal to fascist in one short post! Whilst I can sort of understand where you're coming from, as long as the no vax minority is say no more than 10% all they will do is give covid to each other and either die or get immunity through having had it (a sort of "tough vax") .

Assuming vax integrity, they are unlikely to adversely effect others??

Quote Originally Posted by ramAnag View Post
    With respect MA, of the people you mention, the only ones I have sympathy for are those, like yourself, who are reluctant to be vaccinated for genuine medical reasons.

In the short term at least I am generally in favour of vaccination passports and I think that only people who should be exempt are those with a doctor’s certificate to suggest that a Covid vaccination could be damaging to their health.

To those who put any other form of religious/moral belief above the ‘common good’ I’d say...fair enough, your choice, but don’t expect to enjoy the same freedoms as the rest of us in the meantime.

Agreed on all that rA, don't just go for the religious/moral angle though, there are many people who fall into the 'arseholes will be arseholes' category too

I think the overseas travel thing, if adopted, will flush out many such folk for what I must admit is very unwholesome assumptions on my part, a little bit along GP's 'blokes who wear shorts in winter' line of reasoning

All i want to know is, can you get one if you ask for one?

Some countries it seems, are only going to allow visitors that have been vaccinated.
    If thats the case, I'd like to have official proof I have, so the passport can come out again.
    Sod the civil liberties brigade, if a country wants proof then I'd like to have it.

Quote Originally Posted by Trickytreesreds View Post
    All i want to know is, can you get one if you ask for one?

Some countries it seems, are only going to allow visitors that have been vaccinated.
    If thats the case, I'd like to have official proof I have, so the passport can come out again.
    Sod the civil liberties brigade, if a country wants proof then I'd like to have it.
    Agreed. That’s rA and you I’ve agreed with this am, the worlds going mad

A fascinating transition from liberal to fascist in one short post! Whilst I can sort of understand where you're coming from, as long as the no vax minority is say no more than 10% all they will do is give covid to each other and either die or get immunity through having had it (a sort of "tough vax") .

Assuming vax integrity, they are unlikely to adversely effect others??
    I’d be fascinated to hear how anything I’ve written is remotely ‘fascist’, GP...but feel free to explain.

Consider this hypothesis...in August I’m fortunate enough to return to the theatre where my wife and I go secure in the knowledge that we’ve been properly vaccinated. Because of the success of the vaccination promgramme there is no longer any social distancing and I sit next to someone who hasn’t been vaccinated but who, unknowingly to all, has Covid. The following day I go to visit an ageing relative who, because of a pre-existing medical condition, hasn’t been able to be vaccinated. You see the very real potential dangers?

Off for a long walk now to take advantage of the beautiful weather, grab some fresh air and come to terms with the possibility that I’ve inadvertently agreed with Tricky.
    Last edited by ramAnag; 26-02-2021 at 09:59 AM.

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)