+ Visit Derby County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: O/T Vaccine Passport

O/T Vaccine Passport

For or against?

Me, defo FOR, but I'm very much for a mandatory carry-at-all-times identity card anyway, and a lack of a vaccine passport would I guess be optional subject to folk being OK with any restrictions imposed. Its relevant to Footy of course because who knows if clubs decide to insist on them for risk mitigation

I think I'm OK with it IF it is used as such only, but it raises the question of the rights of novaxxers to travel, go into events, bars etc. But **** 'em. Conform or be damned.

Was talking about this earlier today. No problem with the concept but I imagine the problem will be forgeries.
    They’d need to be quite sophisticated and therefore expensive.
    Maybe those who’ve been vaccinated will have to be ‘micro-chipped’.

Quote Originally Posted by ramAnag View Post
    Was talking about this earlier today. No problem with the concept but I imagine the problem will be forgeries.
    They’d need to be quite sophisticated and therefore expensive.
    Maybe those who’ve been vaccinated will have to be ‘micro-chipped’.
    I take the other perspective rA, it's to ALLOW me to do things, not PREVENT others from doing things, although that might well be a consequence of course. Crims will be crims

I think it would be both impractical and costly and for what purpose? IF the vaccine both protects from infection and stops transmission - which looking at recent studies appears very likely, then the only people at risk are going to be the unvaccinated.

Are all venues going to be asking punters to flash their "vaccine passport"? Would it be required in schools, work places etc?

As rA rightly says, the market in forgeries would be running in no time, which would make the whole concept null and void anyway, make a few more quid for the criminal elements of society though.

I can see for going to other countries, that a vaccine certificate, which one needs for yellow fever etc. in other places, not an issue and its fairly simple to arrange for that to be issued through GP or health centre etc. But really in the UK?

I wasn't in favour of ID cards, that would be a wee bit ironic in a country that fought for freedom and civil liberties to impose a vaccine certificate or indeed ID cards.

Quote Originally Posted by swaledale View Post
    I think it would be both impractical and costly and for what purpose? IF the vaccine both protects from infection and stops transmission - which looking at recent studies appears very likely, then the only people at risk are going to be the unvaccinated.

Are all venues going to be asking punters to flash their "vaccine passport"? Would it be required in schools, work places etc?

As rA rightly says, the market in forgeries would be running in no time, which would make the whole concept null and void anyway, make a few more quid for the criminal elements of society though.

I can see for going to other countries, that a vaccine certificate, which one needs for yellow fever etc. in other places, not an issue and its fairly simple to arrange for that to be issued through GP or health centre etc. But really in the UK?

I wasn't in favour of ID cards, that would be a wee bit ironic in a country that fought for freedom and civil liberties to impose a vaccine certificate or indeed ID cards.
    One thing longer term is the avoidance of 'drift' - 85% plus of the population getting jabbbed is monumental, but what happens when that becomes 65% next year, 35% the year after etc, maybe it will be a more pointed reminder to folk to get a booster to get them into Pride Park than for the good of the nation

Quote Originally Posted by swaledale View Post

Sort of understand your reservations about ID cards, Swale, but does it really matter that much? My wallet already includes the usual Debit and Credit cards, my driving licence, donor card, E/GHIC etc. We have number plate recognition systems springing up everywhere and when I pick up a courtesy car next Monday I’ll need to provide my NY number. With all that information already shared, plus a passport of course, I’m not sure how worried I’d be if an ID card...even one with medical details included...was introduced.

Who really fears an ID card?
    We have driving licenses/passports/bank cards etc.

Oh yearh, people with something to hide. Criminals/illegals/underage con merchants.

Something to hide Fail?

Quote Originally Posted by Trickytreesreds View Post
    Who really fears an ID card?
    We have driving licenses/passports/bank cards etc.

Oh yearh, people with something to hide. Criminals/illegals/underage con merchants.

Something to hide Fail?
    Hmmm...hadn’t I just said that only without the unnecessary personalised attack?

Don't forget the one hour time difference to Nottingham, rA. But surely TTR agreeing with you should be worn as a badge with pride, it's a rarity.

As for the "unnecessary attack" - given that Swale rarely posts anything that doesn't contain a comment demeaning others, I'd suggest he's fair game

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)