+ Visit West Bromwich Albion FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: 4 parts of B'ham and the West Midlands with zero covid

Quote Originally Posted by Leicesterbaggie View Post
    The theme for this thread was the fact that certain parts of the West Midlands were now Covid free. I wish it was the same in Leicester or getting any way near to that situation. The problem is that we all know why Leicester's rate is so high but the powers that be and the media will give every reason under the sun except the obvious one. I'll leave it up to the rest of you to surmise what that reason is!
    Very true Leicester.

The figures being given for the number of black and Asian people choosing not to have the vaccine are horrendous.

These fools deserve everything that’s possibly coming their way.

The fact they are being spooked by thinking it’s a way of tracking them with 5G and other mumbo jumbo is a sad indictment on how well so called “integration” has progressed.

Each day on the news we have the BAME community weeping and wailing about the death rate amongst themselves and yet there’s huge numbers not willing to take a potentially life saving vaccine.

Pathetic.

Quote Originally Posted by WBA1955 View Post
    Call me cynical but doesn't it seem rather convenient that since the vaccine has been rolled out, some of the worst places for the virus are now Covid free, and the lockdown is being rolled up quickly?
    I have always thought there has been more to this than meets the eye. Something not quite right that you can't put your finger on.
    Yes Covid is real and yes people who have contracted it have died.
    But Flu hasn't arrived this winter.
    In the future I would like to see permanent chart's put up every winter showing how many people over seventy and with illnesses have died.
    I think I know what you mean 55, something doesn’t add up. I feel the same way. I do wonder at times what really is going on but I have to go by what scientists say. The weird thing about it all is that the US and us are where we have the highest deaths.. yes other countries don’t register deaths like us. So despite our health system why do we have these high rates as compared to some other country that doesn’t have a public health system? Bizarre. Something doesn’t add up.

Could the answer be that Diane Abbott secured the contract for producing the statistics?

Quote Originally Posted by mickd1961 View Post
    Very true Leicester.

The figures being given for the number of black and Asian people choosing not to have the vaccine are horrendous.

These fools deserve everything that’s possibly coming their way.

The fact they are being spooked by thinking it’s a way of tracking them with 5G and other mumbo jumbo is a sad indictment on how well so called “integration” has progressed.

Each day on the news we have the BAME community weeping and wailing about the death rate amongst themselves and yet there’s huge numbers not willing to take a potentially life saving vaccine.

Pathetic.
    If the death rates amongst BAME communities are so high, then why don’t they push this group up the list to receive the vaccines? Can’t they be added to the priority list, now that the over 70s have had theirs? Perhaps vaccinated the whole of Leicestershire in one hit.

Quote Originally Posted by Calgarybaggy View Post
    https://news.sky.com/story/covid-19-...uries-12185275
    Here's a link to news article comparing deaths in 2020 to other years. the death rate was WAY higher in 2020 than in most other years, which can only be put down to one main factor - Covid -19. Now some of that increase could have been caused by the lockdown, the unavailability of hospitals for treating other conditions etc., and some of those statistics have to be seen in light of the fact that the population now is much higher than it was in, say, 1919, but on the whole, when you look at the sheer numbers its hard not to admit that Covid-19 has been pretty bad. And its also misleading to say that most of the dead were old anyway and would have died of the regular flu anyway. My wife is a doctor and she lost quite a few colleagues who had plenty of life left in them.
    I noted that nobody has commented on your excellent post
    Nothing more to say here

Quote Originally Posted by regis80 View Post
    If the death rates amongst BAME communities are so high, then why don’t they push this group up the list to receive the vaccines? Can’t they be added to the priority list, now that the over 70s have had theirs? Perhaps vaccinated the whole of Leicestershire in one hit.
    It’s hard to understand if you’re just being provocative here Regis.

The take up of vaccine in these heavily ethic areas by those most at risk by age or by underlying health issues is very poor.

That being the case, what’s the point of vaccinations for the whole of Leicester or Bradford if the take up rate remains so lamentable across all age ranges which I suspect it would?

If these communities are so indoctrinated by zealots spouting garbage it’s not going to make any difference to the percentage of that population who take the opportunity for the injection.

Yes, it amazes me that some folk would rather listen to some unqualified preacher or ‘snake oil’ salesman than doctors and scientists. Make your bed and lie in it, say I, it’s a free country, or so we are told!

Quote Originally Posted by mickd1961 View Post
    It’s hard to understand if you’re just being provocative here Regis.

The take up of vaccine in these heavily ethic areas by those most at risk by age or by underlying health issues is very poor.

That being the case, what’s the point of vaccinations for the whole of Leicester or Bradford if the take up rate remains so lamentable across all age ranges which I suspect it would?

If these communities are so indoctrinated by zealots spouting garbage it’s not going to make any difference to the percentage of that population who take the opportunity for the injection.
    Not being provocative Mick. Just genuinely raising those questions. For months we’ve been told that people from BAME backgrounds are at a high risk yet they have not been pushed up the list. There seems to be some disparity here and surprised it’s not been raised in the media or medical officials. They need to justify their findings by taking action.

As for the people of Leicester or Bradford, I’m not sure what the take up is. What are the figures? I think it was Newham in London that was quite bad in terms of people not going to get their vaccine. I’m not sure why people would refuse it because they won’t be able to do much, this problem isnt any different in non-bame groups either. The same level of bull sheet theories are being spouted everywhere and it only comes down to ones education level to fall for the silly conspiracy theories.

Quote Originally Posted by Calgarybaggy View Post
    https://news.sky.com/story/covid-19-...uries-12185275
    Here's a link to news article comparing deaths in 2020 to other years. the death rate was WAY higher in 2020 than in most other years, which can only be put down to one main factor - Covid -19. Now some of that increase could have been caused by the lockdown, the unavailability of hospitals for treating other conditions etc., and some of those statistics have to be seen in light of the fact that the population now is much higher than it was in, say, 1919, but on the whole, when you look at the sheer numbers its hard not to admit that Covid-19 has been pretty bad. And its also misleading to say that most of the dead were old anyway and would have died of the regular flu anyway. My wife is a doctor and she lost quite a few colleagues who had plenty of life left in them.
    Quote Originally Posted by wbaliquidator View Post
    I noted that nobody has commented on your excellent post
    Nothing more to say here
    Ditto.
    Last edited by Baggiemadguern; 25-02-2021 at 08:17 AM.

The thread started off at the low level data per area with 4 showing Covid at nil.

There is a very interesting article in the BBC news today raising the question ‘is Covid at risk of becoming a disease of the poor’ and quote data from the latest ONS maps comparing Four Oaks with Alum Rock. The data is startling and rises many questions.

Data.
    Over 80s vaccinated. Four Oaks 95%. Alum Rock 61%
    Infection rate 11-17 Feb per 100,000 Four Oaks 88. Alum Rock 255
    BAME percentage. Four Oaks 12%. Alum Rock 91%

The worrying thing for me is that only one of the figures is a surprise to me. Where are the 12% BAME in Four Oaks?

I know that these figures will be replicated in most cities across the country, north, south, east and west with affluent white districts favouring so much better than BAME dominated poorer districts. I suspect though that this will be the same for many other issues around health, education, savings etc etc

The fact still remains though that the vast majority of deaths are in the ages of 50 and over so no I would not personally try to prioritise BAME above the over 50s.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)