+ Visit West Bromwich Albion FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: 4 parts of B'ham and the West Midlands with zero covid

Most news outlets are more interested in trying to highlight the BAME issue and politicise it. But it’s quite simple actually.
    There is a lot of good evidence that there is an major issue with vitamin D levels. It has been known for some time a link between low vitamin D in the winter months and increased respiratory diseases. Indeed some countries in Scandinavia are fortifying milk and other food to improve their nation’s health.
    In the UK we have some of the lowest levels.
    Especially vulnerable are people with dark skin who don’t metabolise Vitamin D at the same rate as fair skinned people.
    Vitamin D acts more like a hormone and studies show it acts as an immune modulator. In other words it provides an appropriate immunological response to infections.
    One of the main problems seen with patients is the excessive inflammatory response that in the later stages causes the body to attack itself and its major organs.
    There is very good evidence to show that people with low levels have very poor outcomes.
    The science is there and it’s dammed obvious.
    Don’t take my word for it … go to Google Scholar and look at the published trials and papers on the subject. The very latest is Cordoba in Spain
    There is no profit in a cheap Vitamin D tablet

Quote Originally Posted by regis80 View Post
    Not being provocative Mick. Just genuinely raising those questions. For months we’ve been told that people from BAME backgrounds are at a high risk yet they have not been pushed up the list. There seems to be some disparity here and surprised it’s not been raised in the media or medical officials. They need to justify their findings by taking action.

As for the people of Leicester or Bradford, I’m not sure what the take up is. What are the figures? I think it was Newham in London that was quite bad in terms of people not going to get their vaccine. I’m not sure why people would refuse it because they won’t be able to do much, this problem isnt any different in non-bame groups either. The same level of bull sheet theories are being spouted everywhere and it only comes down to ones education level to fall for the silly conspiracy theories.
    If you don’t know you’re “at risk” or you do to ow your age and the fact that you qualify for a vaccine then you’re either living under a rock or you’re an idiot Regis.

Even if you don’t speak English plenty of people in your family or your religious leaders will know you qualify.

In today’s blame culture it’s always someone else’s fault isn’t it?

The fact is that if your 65 or over or have the serious health issues then there’s no excuse for not having had the vaccine or to have your appointment booked.

It doesn’t matter if you live in Knightsbridge or Alum Rock either, people need to stop making excuses for people who are listening to their witch doctor or local zealot.

Quote Originally Posted by mickd1961 View Post

In today’s blame culture it’s always someone else’s fault isn’t it?
    So true about so many aspects of modern life.

Quote Originally Posted by wbaliquidator View Post
    Most news outlets are more interested in trying to highlight the BAME issue and politicise it. But it’s quite simple actually.
    There is a lot of good evidence that there is an major issue with vitamin D levels. It has been known for some time a link between low vitamin D in the winter months and increased respiratory diseases. Indeed some countries in Scandinavia are fortifying milk and other food to improve their nation’s health.
    In the UK we have some of the lowest levels.
    Especially vulnerable are people with dark skin who don’t metabolise Vitamin D at the same rate as fair skinned people.
    Vitamin D acts more like a hormone and studies show it acts as an immune modulator. In other words it provides an appropriate immunological response to infections.
    One of the main problems seen with patients is the excessive inflammatory response that in the later stages causes the body to attack itself and its major organs.
    There is very good evidence to show that people with low levels have very poor outcomes.
    The science is there and it’s dammed obvious.
    Don’t take my word for it … go to Google Scholar and look at the published trials and papers on the subject. The very latest is Cordoba in Spain
    There is no profit in a cheap Vitamin D tablet
    That's interesting. I said in another post that diet could be a factor. I'm not the fittest of people by a long way but I do try and eat good food. Lot's of fruit and vegetables and Marmite. I also take a high strength cod liver oil capsule every morning which has vitamins D and A, and after working outdoors for over thirty years I got a lot of sunshine.
    I think the answer to Covid will be when they find out how vulnerable an individual is through lack of certain vitamins or other things than collectively.
    My wife got swine flu when it was a serious issue, the doctor ushered us out and said good luck. It affected my wife no worse than a heavy cold, I didn't get it at all despite sleeping in the same bed, but it killed a work mates wife stone dead.
    One of them isn't it?

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)