+ Visit West Bromwich Albion FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: 4 parts of B'ham and the West Midlands with zero covid

4 parts of B'ham and the West Midlands with zero covid

Call me cynical but doesn't it seem rather convenient that since the vaccine has been rolled out, some of the worst places for the virus are now Covid free, and the lockdown is being rolled up quickly?
    I have always thought there has been more to this than meets the eye. Something not quite right that you can't put your finger on.
    Yes Covid is real and yes people who have contracted it have died.
    But Flu hasn't arrived this winter.
    In the future I would like to see permanent chart's put up every winter showing how many people over seventy and with illnesses have died.

Quote Originally Posted by WBA1955 View Post
    In the future I would like to see permanent chart's put up every winter showing how many people over seventy and with illnesses have died.
    Blimey 55, as someone who will be 70 later this year, the last thing I want to see is a chart every winter showing how many people over 70 have died and from what illness.

It is depressing enough getting old without having it in your face every winter that it is likely to be your last at these are the most likely causes!

I think I had better arrange for someone to shoot me on my 70th birthday as the kindest way out of it.

Sorry Yarm, not meant to offend.
    I

Call me cynical but doesn't it seem rather convenient that since the vaccine has been rolled out, some of the worst places for the virus are now Covid free, and the lockdown is being rolled up quickly?
    I have always thought there has been more to this than meets the eye. Something not quite right that you can't put your finger on.
    Yes Covid is real and yes people who have contracted it have died.
    But Flu hasn't arrived this winter.
    I completely agree Des.

We need to know the Covid deaths in comparison to all the other deaths.

My nieces mother-law recently died in a care home,she had Alzheimer’s for the last 10 years or so,she couldn’t do anything for her self and didn’t no anybody by name or sight.when she died the care home put it down to Covid ,her husband said you can change that .all was said was to late doctors done the death certificate.how many more like this.

Sorry Yarm, not meant to offend.
    I
    None taken.

The theme for this thread was the fact that certain parts of the West Midlands were now Covid free. I wish it was the same in Leicester or getting any way near to that situation. The problem is that we all know why Leicester's rate is so high but the powers that be and the media will give every reason under the sun except the obvious one. I'll leave it up to the rest of you to surmise what that reason is!

https://news.sky.com/story/covid-19-...uries-12185275
    Here's a link to news article comparing deaths in 2020 to other years. the death rate was WAY higher in 2020 than in most other years, which can only be put down to one main factor - Covid -19. Now some of that increase could have been caused by the lockdown, the unavailability of hospitals for treating other conditions etc., and some of those statistics have to be seen in light of the fact that the population now is much higher than it was in, say, 1919, but on the whole, when you look at the sheer numbers its hard not to admit that Covid-19 has been pretty bad. And its also misleading to say that most of the dead were old anyway and would have died of the regular flu anyway. My wife is a doctor and she lost quite a few colleagues who had plenty of life left in them.

Quote Originally Posted by Yarmbaggie View Post
    Blimey 55, as someone who will be 70 later this year, the last thing I want to see is a chart every winter showing how many people over 70 have died and from what illness.

It is depressing enough getting old without having it in your face every winter that it is likely to be your last at these are the most likely causes!

I think I had better arrange for someone to shoot me on my 70th birthday as the kindest way out of it.
    Would there be a payment for this? (asking for a friend)

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)