+ Visit Burnley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: to the future

I appreciate your analysis guys, but you are totally missing my objection and decision to stick with the thread title change.

We have a young black man trying to make it into Sean Dyche's "British and Irish Whiteness" predominance and someone refers to him as "Numbongo", because he can't change a game inside 15 minutes when not one of the British and Irish White players could.

Don't ask me why, but it just rubbed me up the wrong way and my moderator's hat came on.

Can we move on now please?

If Alf thinks I insinuated he is a racist I apologise unreservedly.

I accept Alf is not a racist, bonkers perhaps, but not a racist.

Quote Originally Posted by The Bedlington Terrier View Post
    I appreciate your analysis guys, but you are totally missing my objection and decision to stick with the thread title change.

We have a young black man trying to make it into Sean Dyche's "British and Irish Whiteness" predominance and someone refers to him as "Numbongo", because he can't change a game inside 15 minutes when not one of the British and Irish White players could.

Don't ask me why, but it just rubbed me up the wrong way and my moderator's hat came on.

Can we move on now please?

If Alf thinks I insinuated he is a racist I apologise unreservedly.

I accept Alf is not a racist, bonkers perhaps, but not a racist.
    We all have our days wh n somebody rubs somebody up the wrong way BT..Apology accepted and I'm definitely Bonkers and not quite a racist so let's get back to normal please.

Quote Originally Posted by Claret_Matelot View Post
    Being as 'Worldly' as I am I still don't see how changing a surname from Mumbongo to Numbongo can be construed as being racist.
    This is the nub of the matter CM, you, me, Alto, Alf and many others will not be able to see how this can be construed as being racist, but the problem is that many, many others would. I accept BT's explanation that he corrected the spelling because he thought it was unfair on one of our young players, and not that he thought Alf had any racist motivation, but such is the world we live in that some posters assumed, me included, that BT had acted because he thought it might have been racially motivated.

This is what the PC brigade and organisations like BLM have dumped on us, a society where we automatically assume racism where none exists, we see racism everywhere, even in the most innocent of events. Welcome to England 2021, Alice would be well advised to stay in Wonderland, she'll see far more sense there.
    Last edited by sinkov; 24-02-2021 at 08:25 PM.

Correction !!

In the post above where I say "BT had acted because he thought it might have been racially motivated." I meant to say "it might have appeared to be racially motivated". There's a big difference.

Oh God!!!! Will all this start again when someone calls Wood Woods???

And not forgetting the ultimate insult when commentators refer to us as Barnsley.. Red Rose and Proud. (The use of the word Proud is not intended as an insult to the Gay community)...

Quote Originally Posted by Claret_Matelot View Post
    Oh God!!!! Will all this start again when someone calls Wood Woods???

And not forgetting the ultimate insult when commentators refer to us as Barnsley.. Red Rose and Proud. (The use of the word Proud is not intended as an insult to the Gay community)...

The full apology. Need anymore be said?

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=GDrZpuGp6aA

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)