+ Visit Dundee FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Tier system for evermore

We were all looking for a glimmer of hope from Boris and wee nippie, all very hesitant as expected, but have to look at the hypocrisy of England.
    The England cricket team is in India, a country ravished by Covid 19 and they are there to play test matches.
    They can't change their own habits, far less the people's.
    Good job crickets not so popular in Scotland, wee nippie would have a field day !
    Mind you the schools in Scotland have started back, but what's the betting they will close for two weeks at Easter !
    Sorry but I needed a wee rant !

U had to go and spoil it rros and mention the futba

Quote Originally Posted by deecom View Post
    We were all looking for a glimmer of hope from Boris and wee nippie, all very hesitant as expected, but have to look at the hypocrisy of England.
    The England cricket team is in India, a country ravished by Covid 19 and they are there to play test matches.
    They can't change their own habits, far less the people's.
    Good job crickets not so popular in Scotland, wee nippie would have a field day !
    Mind you the schools in Scotland have started back, but what's the betting they will close for two weeks at Easter !
    Sorry but I needed a wee rant !
    Saw a guy on TV today, some Westminster Scottish Tory Leader or something, speaking about the schools going back but no recognition of the fact that it was the week before the Easter holidays. How the fk will any teacher be able to justify taking time off for Easter? They've sat on their arses whinging about how exposed they are to Covid for near a year, will they really be looking two weeks off for Easter? That really will be some brass neck right there.

Quote Originally Posted by Biffo_the_Bear View Post
    U had to go and spoil it rros and mention the futba
    Aye I know....I left my dad's at 3 -1...had enuf of it by then.

Quote Originally Posted by Deeranged View Post
    Lost interest near enough completely.

Malaise.
    If I'm being honest I didn't know we had a game yesterday until someone texted me to say games off.

I've stopped going for a bit now and then but always knew when we had a game.....I genuinely didn't know yesterday.

Mcpake seems a nice guy but it's no working.

Quote Originally Posted by Deeranged View Post
    Saw a guy on TV today, some Westminster Scottish Tory Leader or something, speaking about the schools going back but no recognition of the fact that it was the week before the Easter holidays. How the fk will any teacher be able to justify taking time off for Easter? They've sat on their arses whinging about how exposed they are to Covid for near a year, will they really be looking two weeks off for Easter? That really will be some brass neck right there.
    Some teachers maybe but my son is a secondary school teacher and has been working more hours than normal this year. He can teach a class of 20 or 30 normally in school all at once but is doing one to one online work with pupils together with puting together online presentations and additionally working on the assessments that will replace this year's exams. He works his normal hours daily and puts in many an hour evenings and weekends. Even on the Easter Holidays he will be puting in hours to try to help the kids achieve something this year out of the sh1tfest they have had to endure. As I started some teachers but not all. Teachers of most academic subjects have been very active with maybe say PT teachers having an easier time due to the constraints of their subject.

Quote Originally Posted by troodee1893 View Post
    Some teachers maybe but my son is a secondary school teacher and has been working more hours than normal this year. He can teach a class of 20 or 30 normally in school all at once but is doing one to one online work with pupils together with puting together online presentations and additionally working on the assessments that will replace this year's exams. He works his normal hours daily and puts in many an hour evenings and weekends. Even on the Easter Holidays he will be puting in hours to try to help the kids achieve something this year out of the sh1tfest they have had to endure. As I started some teachers but not all. Teachers of most academic subjects have been very active with maybe say PT teachers having an easier time due to the constraints of their subject.
    Fair enough, was probably generalising a bit with that comment. To be fair I've no real idea of what they've done over the ****fest so thanks for putting me right.

Your a better man than me rros sticking it that long I switched off at 2

Looks like capital gains tax and corperation tax is gonna be the 1st hit.....

Wealth tax commission rcommended wealth tax of 5% on wealth over 500k.....sounds fine for most until you realise the 500k includes pension funds and main home......most folk 25/30 years or so in final salary schemes (Nhs, council, teachers) will have 500k in pension fund......so say nurse (always political dynamite) 500k in pension fund, 200 k house, 50k savings, 20k ( car, and other bits and bobs, shares jewellery etc)...770k total....tax liability 5% on 270k.

I'm not sure how pension funds already crystallized would be treated.

Where did you see this? Wealth tax is crazy idea. Think this is a scare everyone first to set up acceptance of what they really want to do.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)